Payday 2 Available Free

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Payday 2 is releasing an Ultimate Edition and removing the DLC from the store, but they're giving away 5 million copies of the base game on Steam for free.

I've logged a ton of hours in Payday 2. While I got a bit burned out, and stopped playing around the time of the microtransaction fiasco, it's a fun game to play with friends.

This copy won't allow you to download the many DLC packs that have been released over the years. That's because these are no longer up for sale as Overkill prepares to launch Payday 2: Ultimate Edition on PC. This packages the base game with all of the DLC released to date. Future updates released for the game will be free.

Love the game but sucks for us who have bought the DLC's when they came out.

Thanks for reminding me I was supposed to give my 360 copy of the game to somebody. Bought the game, played for about 45 minutes then toss it to the side and never touched it again.

Agreed, I have not followed what they're supposed to do for those of us who own a bunch of DLC already.

Thanks for reminding me I was supposed to give my 360 copy of the game to somebody. Bought the game, played for about 45 minutes then toss it to the side and never touched it again.

The 360 version was turrible..

You can see my opinion on this over here.

I played Payday 2 for ~120 hours or so when it first came out, then stopped when they massively nerfed a lot of the "exploits" (not really) that allowed people to level up in a reasonable amount of time. Then, the whole microtransaction fiasco happened shortly after. I don't think I'll be giving Overkill any of my money ever again.

I posted this yesterday and its the 4th time ive gotten NO credit.................need higher status admin rights plz

I posted this yesterday and its the 4th time ive gotten NO credit.................need higher status admin rights plz
It has been explained to you before, email news to [email protected]

You will then be showered with accolades and maybe even receive a ticker tape parade.

By my count you are overdue for 2 attaboys, 1 way to go and an honorable mention. But since every complaint merits an "aw shit" and we all know an aw shit wipes out a thousand attaboys.
You had better start emailing those links before things get out of hand.

It has been explained to you before, email news to [email protected]

You will then be showered with accolades and maybe even receive a ticker tape parade.

By my count you are overdue for 2 attaboys, 1 way to go and an honorable mention. But since every complaint merits an "aw shit" and we all know an aw shit wipes out a thousand attaboys.
You had better start emailing those links before things get out of hand.

This, or just PM one of the news staff and if it's newsworthy it will go up, with praise to you :)

PS. that was funny.

The game is nearly 4 years old. Not to be a dick but how long should we expect games/DLC to retain full market price and original packaging?

The game is nearly 4 years old. Not to be a dick but how long should we expect games/DLC to retain full market price and original packaging?

Not at all, but having bought the base game twice (360 and PC), as well as nearly all the DLC on Steam, I'm gonna be a little miffed depending on what they want to charge me to "upgrade"

Why does it suck? Early adopter's fee. Everything gets cheaper as time passes. And they're not even giving away the DLCs just the base game, so I don't get why you are upset.

Why does it suck? Early adopter's fee. Everything gets cheaper as time passes. And they're not even giving away the DLCs just the base game, so I don't get why you are upset.

They're pulling the base game and DLC from the store, and those who already own them will be able to pay to "upgrade" to the Ultimate edition for a not yet known fee.

They're pulling the base game and DLC from the store, and those who already own them will be able to pay to "upgrade" to the Ultimate edition for a not yet known fee.
But the game will still be in your library just because they pull it from the store. And if you own all DLCs it is for all intents and purposes the same as the ultimate edition. They're not mentioning any upgrades to the game just that it includes all previously released DLCs.

But the game will still be in your library just because they pull it from the store. And if you own all DLCs it is for all intents and purposes the same as the ultimate edition. They're not mentioning any upgrades to the game just that it includes all previously released DLCs.

Heisters who already own PAYDAY 2 will be able to upgrade to PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition. The price to upgrade will depend on several factors, more information will be available at the release of PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition.

Cached link because overkill's site has been dead/dying all day

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...2-ultimate-edition/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cached link because overkill's site has been dead/dying all day
Goodness's sake if you own all the dlc's then there is no point to upgrade to the ultimate edition. It's only for those who don't own all. It's right there in your own link. You'll get future updates for free, even if you don't upgrade to the ultimate edition

Do I have to buy all DLC I don’t have to get free content updates in the future? No. You don’t have to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, but you still will get new free content

Way to make something from nothing.

Agreed, I have not followed what they're supposed to do for those of us who own a bunch of DLC already.

The 360 version was turrible..

the issue was not knowing what I was buying. I didn't realize it was an online only multiplayer game. not having friends to play with I got stuck with randoms. Got through three quick games where we would start and they would just start shooting everyone for the police to show up right away then instead of the robbery focus on it just being a shooter then since I was trying to play the actual game in two of the games my people killed me. So decided the game is shit if you don't have a group to play with.

My friend made me buy this when it was on sale awhile back on steam for the multiplayer heists. I played it less than 5 hours online for a few reasons. The idea for it is great, but the controls/gameplay is WONKY AS FK. It reminded me of poor nintendo 64 control, and I'm not exaggerating. I would love to see this same game done over by a competent studio.

Back