Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was weird all around...

I ran several 67 blue maps that I had and was blowing everything up because I am 10 levels above it. (and the fact I took some good advice and started running the Hatred Aura instead of Haste)

I tried a yellow 67 and it was a bit of a different story. I'm still 10 levels above a 67 mainly because of the loss of 60% of XP towards level 78, lol.

I was like "WTF?! I know I'm using my farming gear instead of my normal gear but c'mon! The difference between blue and yellow can't be that frikkin huge!!!"

Then I hit the Tab key...and discovered I was running a level 71 yellow map.

"oops".

I arrange my maps into groups based on level, then color and I evidently filed that one into the 67s...hahaha

I tried a blue jungle map and didn't pay attention to what it was. It had vulnerability curse lol

I ended up abandoning it :(

The buffed searing totem almost does as much damage as RF, and they stack. Problem is that it really slows down my groove to cast the totem. What are mu options to automate it? CoDT post nerf seems only useful for specific combinations now--and definitely nothing having to do with dealing damage.

edit: This vulnerability stuff is starting to piss me off lol

ran in to Xandro Blooddrinker in what was supposed to be a quick docks run this morning before work. With vulnerability i had to abandon RF which really hurts my damage. Probably wasted 15 minutes trying to kill him. Ultimately he and i decided to end the duel in a draw and part ways.

Last edited:
I tried a blue jungle map and didn't pay attention to what it was. It had vulnerability curse lol

I ended up abandoning it :(

The anew searing totem almost does as much damage as RF, and they stack. Problem is that it really slows down my groove to cast the totem. What are mu options to automate it? CoDT post nerf seems only useful for specific combinations now.

I went through with a bunch of transfiguration orbs on all my white maps and my jungle map had "Players are cursed with Temporal Chains".

No biggie, right? I mean, I use that curse on mobs, linked to CoDT so it autocasts, and they aren't slowed all that much even though my Temp Chains is lvl 18 with Q19%

It took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to finish that map! It was like, click a spot to move to. Fap. Click the next spot to move to. Fap again because I'm bored. Click next spot to move to. Wash hands. etc...I did, however, get a 5L Karui 2H Axe yesterday on that lvl 71 yellow map before I said fuggedaboudit and moved on another map, lol.

One thing I started doing is using my chisels on the 68 maps, then use the transfiguration orb to make them blue and then tweak them with alteration orbs...I usually use the alts to re-roll the map until it says "map has XX% more rare monsters". When I did that to the mountain ledge map, I used every one of the portals to haul back rares. Normally I only make 2 trips home per map.

I ran through the cemetary map this morning after using chisels on it and and FOUR 6S items dropped, and 5 maps dropped (3 were blue tropical island maps)

I went through with a bunch of transfiguration orbs on all my white maps and my jungle map had "Players are cursed with Temporal Chains".

No biggie, right? I mean, I use that curse on mobs, linked to CoDT so it autocasts, and they aren't slowed all that much even though my Temp Chains is lvl 18 with Q19%

It took me F-O-R-E-V-E-R to finish that map! It was like, click a spot to move to. Fap. Click the next spot to move to. Fap again because I'm bored. Click next spot to move to. Wash hands. etc...I did, however, get a 5L Karui 2H Axe yesterday on that lvl 71 yellow map before I said fuggedaboudit and moved on another map, lol.

One thing I started doing is using my chisels on the 68 maps, then use the transfiguration orb to make them blue and then tweak them with alteration orbs...I usually use the alts to re-roll the map until it says "map has XX% more rare monsters". When I did that to the mountain ledge map, I used every one of the portals to haul back rares. Normally I only make 2 trips home per map.

I ran through the cemetary map this morning after using chisels on it and and FOUR 6S items dropped, and 5 maps dropped (3 were blue tropical island maps)

lol yep, i learned the Temporal Chains lesson on my last character. I just wasn't thinking about the impact of Vulnerability on my build. I haven't seen a 6S item in FOREVER, but I keep getting Orb of Fusing drops :wtf: From the one run this morning i got three.

Anyone have any lower level characters they are playing and want to join me later today? I am going to attempt to hit 60's today/tomorrow on my marauder since I have a little time off. Currently he is lvl 39 on the second playthrough. Skipped a bunch of quests and am act 2 going to try and power level a bit before going back and completing quests, then moving on.

Oh god what are you doing.

I've used 9 chisels in 2 days (2 on each map, then I transfigure.) I've receivd 13 chisel drops in those 2 days. I'm making a 4 chisel profit is what I'm doing. And, I'm having fun doing it.

Are you one of the people from Global chat who had anal with my mom last night?

I've used 9 chisels in 2 days (2 on each map, then I transfigure.) I've receivd 13 chisel drops in those 2 days. I'm making a 4 chisel profit is what I'm doing. And, I'm having fun doing it.

If you're making a profit, more power to you!

I've never had success with Chisels and so i sell them.

How to deal with this cocksucking monkey fuck in the city of Sarn map? The one that shoots the green projectiles, throws traps and stun locks you and then you die. He kills me every time! He killed me like six or seven times in a row yesterday. I went from 30% of a level progression, down to ~10%, made my way back up to around 17% then killed me three more times in a row to bring me back to 2% (cruel).
I have been now just been avoiding the area where I know him to be, but he just killed me again going through one of my runs. Dispell stun don't work, nothing works, I just have to sit there and wait to be finished off. He must be catching me in his traps, but its always so fucking laggy I really don't know wtf is going on to be honest.

Good for you. You're being offered good advice, don't be a dick about it.

How to deal with this cocksucking monkey fuck in the city of Sarn map? The one that shoots the green projectiles, throws traps and stun locks you and then you die. He kills me every time! He killed me like six or seven times in a row yesterday. I went from 30% of a level progression, down to ~10%, made my way back up to around 17% then killed me three more times in a row to bring me back to 2% (cruel).
I have been now just been avoiding the area where I know him to be, but he just killed me again going through one of my runs. Dispell stun don't work, nothing works, I just have to sit there and wait to be finished off. He must be catching me in his traps, but its always so fucking laggy I really don't know wtf is going on to be honest.

yea, he is a real bastard when you first get to sarn. avoid him until you get some higher levels then go back and rape him over and over as payback.

^I've been trying but he always seems to pop up when I least expect it...and then FUCK!

If you can't handle him Ethereal Kniving you from point blank after being trapped (shotgun effect, you're eating something like 6 projectiles at once), then try to kite him, or at least kite the mobs around him, kill those, then have less crap to deal with when you're taking him on. Alternatively you could try to stunlock him. The traps he uses are bear traps and I believe they just restrict your movement, not doing abilities. You should even be able to lit warp or leap slam away (though you'll still be stuck in place wherever you land for the remainder of the trap debuff.

Is that what those are Etheral Knives?...I just picked one of those up earlier. Good to know. Maybe I should start to level it, seems to be pretty lethal. Best bet I guess it to just try avoid as much as possible. By the time I notice him, it seems to be already to late to even try anything except run like hell.

be tanky and have enough sustain to face tank or kite & range

if you get trapped, use leap slam / whirling blade to get out

^I've been trying but he always seems to pop up when I least expect it...and then FUCK!

I've never seen him anywhere except in the shacks/huts in the top part of the City of Sarn map; if you stick to the lower portion you won't fight him at all. After losing a couple of HC chars to that guy when I was a noob I just started avoiding him altogether haha.

He appears in the same geographical area each time I run that map. I run it in a certain loop so that I know he will appear each time in roughly the same area of the screen so I am prepared for him.

My circuit of that area is, exit sarn city, go up the stairs, go left to the end of the map. Go up towards the top of the screen to the end of the map. Go right, squeezing in between the buildings. You'll reach an open area with no buildings. He enters that "open" area from the right each time, along with several regular mobs. I keep my finger hovering over the temportal chains button so as soon as he enters I put him into slo-mo mode and I can pounce on him instead of the other way around.

So which one of you was it that bribed the developers to open the 5L weapon floodgates?

I had three of them drop yesterday evening!

A Maul (GGRRR), A Quaterstaff (BBBBB), and an Axe (GRGRR)

I'll link them if I can snag some non-work bandwidth on my Transformer.

All of them are at or near the 380-ish DPS range, and the level requirements range from 58 to 63.

There was no advice given. Re-read the post in question if it's unclear.

And in your post, you clearly understood why he said what he said. Use chisels in whatever way is more fun to you, but it's not the most profitable way.

So which one of you was it that bribed the developers to open the 5L weapon floodgates?

I had three of them drop yesterday evening!
Probabilities of 4L and 5L were increased a huge amount a few patches ago, which includes drops as well as chances with fusings.

He appears in the same geographical area each time I run that map. I run it in a certain loop so that I know he will appear each time in roughly the same area of the screen so I am prepared for him.

My circuit of that area is, exit sarn city, go up the stairs, go left to the end of the map. Go up towards the top of the screen to the end of the map. Go right, squeezing in between the buildings. You'll reach an open area with no buildings. He enters that "open" area from the right each time, along with several regular mobs. I keep my finger hovering over the temportal chains button so as soon as he enters I put him into slo-mo mode and I can pounce on him instead of the other way around.

Perhaps I'm still a noob...but is there any particular reason to farm City of Sarn or is it just because it's an area that requires little exploration? The area level can't be that high can it?

And in your post, you clearly understood why he said what he said. Use chisels in whatever way is more fun to you, but it's not the most profitable way.

It's a game. I don't need to put up with someone's condescending posts because they feel everyone should play for the same goals as they do.

You don't like my response. I get it. he does too now.

Perhaps I'm still a noob...but is there any particular reason to farm City of Sarn or is it just because it's an area that requires little exploration? The area level can't be that high can it?

It's a very fast clear with a mini boss. Otherwise, meh. Just a level 61 zone.

Probabilities of 4L and 5L were increased a huge amount a few patches ago, which includes drops as well as chances with fusings.

Yeah, I loot 5L weapons all the time, they are almost always crap weapons though. I get a lot of 6S (but never 6L) armors as well, which is nice for the 7 jewels.

It's a very fast clear with a mini boss. Otherwise, meh. Just a level 61 zone.

This.

It's probably the fastest zone you can clear in the game that provides the most possible reward for the least risk and time involved.

From about lvl 60 to 73 you stand a very good chance at getting at least 1 6S item per run.My farm gear is only ~135% IIR so you don't have to have an insane amount of IRR gear to do really well there.

I concentrated on that one zone for a day alone (About 6hrs while watching Netflix) and made over 100 jeweler orbs alone from selling all the 6S items that dropped.

It may sound monotonous, but the monotony is broken up when a rogue exile decides to appear at the very second the undying Etheral Knives guy tricks you into stepping into the bear trap...(It's happened to me on multiple occasions)

Yeah, I loot 5L weapons all the time, they are almost always crap weapons though. I get a lot of 6S (but never 6L) armors as well, which is nice for the 7 jewels.

I noticed that too when I was doing the Sarn City (not slums) runs...

I would get 1 (or 2, pretty often) 6S items each run. It really helped me out currency-wise because i was able to sell the jeweler orbs for Chaos and upgrade my crappy armor.

I have noticed that now I don't get nearly the same amount of 6S items on the Sarn runs since I am outleveling the zone (lvl 79 now), so I stopped running there.

I now use 2 chisels on a map so the "+quality" mod appears, then I use a trans on the map to make it blue and use alts (if needed) until I get the +XX% more rare mobs" Or get the ones that say, "Twinned" for the two boss fight

I know it may seem like a waste of currency, I "get it". But, I get at least those two chisels back as drops and, when I'm on a good run, I can net 6 on one map. (Cemetary run this morning netted me 6 and that Infernal Robe unique thing...)

I almost always end up needing every available port to get the rares back to sell for currency.

Maybe it's because I'm higher level now? I dunno...I just know that I am now making far more currency than I used to.

Last edited:
PoE really needs something else to spice up end game.

After trying a few maps and realizing that i'm only really good for clearing docks... /yawn.

Getting burnt out again... which i guess is good, because i have too many other games to play and I did have tons of fun on this character.

I just wish there was still something to shoot for in endgame to keep me interested because i want to play more, but it's just boring looking for loot and that's it.

Spice things up with Piety runs.

I don't like the idea of straight up farming zones. My main goal is to get enough xp to "finish" my builds. Loot is important, but typically a bit secondary to xp and banking currency.

Anyone giving racing a try this season? The first event of Season 6 just ended (100 minute fixed seed race). I haven't raced since season one but managed lvl 16 despite logging in 15 minutes late and having to stop a couple of times for RL stuff. Another 2-3 minutes of monkey slamming in the Southern Forest and I'd have been 17.

Top guy got to level 32 and I saw someone in the top 25 died with 5 minutes to go; I'm sure that was a piss-off! Looking forward to trying a Descent Champions race on Sunday.

well i just beat vaal on merciless and thank god i just lvl'ed since i got my ass handed to me about 30 times before i beat it.:eek:

man that laser beam was a bitch.

edit just looked into the races for the first time, looks fun, i think i will give them a shot. do you guys have much experience with them?

Last edited:
I did some docks runs last night / this morning:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1uza9n/50_docks_runs_335_iir95_iiq/

ajj5Qam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back