Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the game just went on EZ mode for me. (For the most part)

I found a white 5L 2H Vaal Great Sword and I used like 5-6 Chaos orbs after the alchemy and now it has ungodly DPS.(like 475DPS) Not a lot of stats on it other than much increased damage but I'm very happy with it. It will definitely be the first thing I use an exalt on so I can get some additional stats on it.

I'm running Double-Strike + Multi-Strike + Melee Splash + Life Leech + Faster Attacks. With a Haste Aura I'm currently at almost 7000 DPS. If I run Determination, instead, for added armor, I'm at about 6500DPS (I haven't leveled my haste because I couldn't afford to run it before)

Then, I had a yellow belt drop on a map and I used 1 of the remaining chaos orbs I had left over from crafting the sword, and it took only 1 to give it some ungodly stats. IIRC, the stats are like +12% all resists +35 str +25 all stats +275 armor +75 Life and 40% increased stun

After I got those two upgrades, I went ahead and completed the remaining quests, which gave me 2 more skill points to use, so I took an 8% life and a 12% life. I also noticed that I had a +30 Int node that I no longer needed so I used a regret to reallocate that to a +12% damage with 2H weapons

I'm at like 3450 life now, ~8000 unbuffed armor(>12k buffed), resists are all well over 100%, and DPS went from previous best of 4200 DPS to a new best of 6995+DPS

Now I should be able to run some maps and get some decent loots to sell :)

what's your level?

Hatred is a much better aura for DPS

Haste isn't that much of a DPS boost since it adds to your attack speed total instead of multiplies, but it could be useful for survivability since you're 2H and won't be stuck in MS animation as long

Try to get LL on gear and replace your LL gem with Melee Physical Damage. You'll get a very nice DPS increase.

I'll look through my inventory when i log on this evening and see if there's something you may be able to use and link it to you. What's your character's name?

I know I have some decent neck pieces and belts like meginord's, wurms, and some yellow ones that I kept because they just seemed too good to vendor.

Oh...dang I am forgetful today...(I'm on serious muscle relaxers and lortab because I herniated a disc 2 days ago) but if you want to look at what I have in my store thread (Sandi's Shop is the thread title at the forums) and see if you need anything from there just let me know and I'll give it to you.(As long as you don't plan to resell it...I don't mind giving it to someone who'll use it)

Add me on Kellak.

I have pretty good jewelry/belt, but I can drop all the accuracy and WED in favor of better mods (for my build) like ias, armor, regen and IIR/IIQ

I'll be on again tonight too, I've got quite a bit of jewelry (2 entire tabs worth :eek: ) that I have been hoarding, and thats not even chaos-recipe stuff, might as well start giving it away / incredibly cheap cuz I'm far too lazy to really dedicate time to trading.

Nice. Thanks for the map run yesterday. It netted me half a level and I didn't die. I'm just a bit slow is all :p

what's your level?

Hatred is a much better aura for DPS

Haste isn't that much of a DPS boost since it adds to your attack speed total instead of multiplies, but it could be useful for survivability since you're 2H and won't be stuck in MS animation as long

Try to get LL on gear and replace your LL gem with Melee Physical Damage. You'll get a very nice DPS increase.

I've been playing around with various gems in the 5th socket. I used Mana Leech on a few lvl 66 map runs (with Haste Aura so I could finish quicker) and I never touched my mana flasks at all. Normally, I'm forced to pause now and then to let it replenish, even with devouring totem regen'ing my health and mana (and using Warlord's Mark before most encounters.)

I also just got Blind, Culling Strike, and a Q8% Added Cold (decent chance to freeze) this morning before work so I'm gonna use each of those instead of faster attacks this weekend to see how they work out. I believe I have a Hatred, Anger, and Wrath gems somewhere in my hoarded collection so I will try out Hatred this weekend, too. It'll have to be after trying the other gems because I have to use chromatics to change the socket color to red for that one.

Just a quick update--

RF kicks ass. I spent a lot of currency completely mixing up my socketing and skill layout, but basically my kill speed has skyrocketed. RF itself does most of the damage, but also makes my spells hit like a truck. The funny thing is that with RF's aoe damage, it's faster to run up to casters than using spells. I really don't need to cast much. I basically cast spells for the lifeleach, not the damage.

I expect this will change as I delve into maps and shit has more hp, but as of right now i'm clearing docks faster than i've ever been able to before.

Of course with 87% fire resist and a ruby flask for an extra 10, the incinerate dogs in the docks can't even touch me.

Very pleased atm. I am still missing a tiny bit of HP regen though, so playing right now is a race against my frenzy charge timer. Hopefully in a few more levels that'll be fixed and i'll really be in business.

Yes to the maps, good luck on selling loot though if you're in standard. The market is so incredibly saturated its getting silly.

Can you link your sword next time you're on or post the stats?

All rares can have up to 6 mods, 3 prefix, 3 affix. If you've already rolled certain stats the other possible ones might not be worth the exalt.

This site is absolutely a must to reference when trying to craft.
http://www.poemods.com/

Meh..I calculated wrong. I thought it was a 1.30 weapon speed and it was only 1.10 so i was way off by ~75dps. My bad. I blame no one but me. I am on some pretty heavy narcotics today though so don't think too badly of me

Here it is
Z8yjWRs

again...the stats kinda suck other than the damage improvement over rigvald's charge...meh

wow i used an ext on my chest trying to get hp or other res on my 5l 1k ev chest 39f 26l 23 chaos res chest and i got reflect 1 damage to mobs fuck

wow i used an ext on my chest trying to get hp or other res on my 5l 1k ev chest 39f 26l 23 chaos res chest and i got reflect 1 damage to mobs fuck

exalting gear is such a gamble. They're almost always better used just buying something.... but it's always so tempting. That one piece of gear is so close - just exalt it - I know it will work - please please please work

I never exalt gear. Just use poe.xyz for what you want and buy it. So much easier and less hassle.

well if it would have gotten hp or a res it would have been worth it as it would be a gg chest unless you want to spend a lot of orbs on gear.

I ran the Coward's Trial map today, it's pretty fun if you happen to come across one. Though, using a skill that doesn't leave any corpses behind (like infernal blow) sort of defeats the "trick" of the map. I got to the last stage and found the unique necromancer standing forlornly in a corner with no monsters to resurrect. He still gave me a (crappy) unique for my trouble, though. A chaos, a couple chisels, and another junk unique dropped too - but I guess this map isn't designed to be a big loot farm so I'm ok with that.

I ran the Coward's Trial map today, it's pretty fun if you happen to come across one. Though, using a skill that doesn't leave any corpses behind (like infernal blow) sort of defeats the "trick" of the map. I got to the last stage and found the unique necromancer standing forlornly in a corner with no monsters to resurrect. He still gave me a (crappy) unique for my trouble, though. A chaos, a couple chisels, and another junk unique dropped too - but I guess this map isn't designed to be a big loot farm so I'm ok with that.

We ran that last night and Lenin and I weren't able to finish it. I kept dying and used all the portals :(

Guess I need to wait a few more levels.

Came close, but that last wave... boss spawned on the exact opposite side of the room and the swarm took us down.

Anyway, not bad for being level 64 :p Another few levels and it will be much easier for ya.

I have the cowards trial map sitting in my stash. I've been waiting for several guildys to be on at the same time to run it.

I also have two of the pyramid pure loot maps too but I'll probably sell those.

Came close, but that last wave... boss spawned on the exact opposite side of the room and the swarm took us down.

Anyway, not bad for being level 64 :p Another few levels and it will be much easier for ya.

Not bad at all for 64. It's super easy to get overwhelmed in there - especially on the last wave. I waited until level 78 to do it so I had better have made it through ok.

that map was pretty good, but i got stomped. need to do some work on my ranger. hp is.. lacking?

Unique map number 2 for the day was Maelstrom of Chaos - with 266% increased rarity. I think the boss dropped 20 rares for me. Alas, out of the over 50 rares I ID'd, only three might be worth keeping. Three unique drops, one of which might be interesting (unique stealth boots) but the other two are low level / niche. Still, another fun map and glad I ran it after selling another one yesterday.

that map was pretty good, but i got stomped. need to do some work on my ranger. hp is.. lacking?

Possibly but you were 66 so we were a little low to be in there. Hp and resists are going to be more important for maps I'm guessing.

I tried dueling for the first time last night. My first fight was against a level 91 character that used cyclone as his attack. He had a legacy soul taker axe and a mirrored one hand axe that did almost 600 DPS. (that's about 300 exalts worth of weaponry)
I do not know what his defenses were. What I do know is he was surprised as hell when he hit me with his cyclone attack. I instantly built up quite a few charges and then boom! He was dead in under 2 seconds. Talk about someone being surprised. He could not believe what just happened. Kinda funny. I surprised several people in duels afterwards too.

I did lose a few times. If they could hit with slower single hit massive damage attacks I would die before being able to build up enough charges for a nuclear boom. I raped anyone who depended on attack speed for dps though.

Last edited:
I'll duel ya later robble. Well, as long as there is no xp loss in pvp, because I'm going to die.

I'll duel ya later robble. Well, as long as there is no xp loss in pvp, because I'm going to die.

No xp loss or gain. No drops either. I don't even know if it keeps record of win/losses.

Last edited:

I haven't gotten that map yet, but I did get a lvl 68 unique Vaal Pyramid map. It said your chest piece has IIR of 1875% and there are no monsters...

When that dropped I GTFO the map I was in and said F-it. I'm doin the unique, NOW. :D

Result?

Not a single rare worth keeping. 2 Unique Items that were < level 20. I think one of the unique items is even named, "Shitty Unique"

It did help me out a bit though as far as currency goes.

I haven't gotten that map yet, but I did get a lvl 68 unique Vaal Pyramid map. It said your chest piece has IIR of 1875% and there are no monsters...

When that dropped I GTFO the map I was in and said F-it. I'm doin the unique, NOW. :D

Result?

Not a single rare worth keeping. 2 Unique Items that were < level 20. I think one of the unique items is even named, "Shitty Unique"

It did help me out a bit though as far as currency goes.

Yeah, I've wanted to give that one a try, too, but I think you're usually better off trying to sell it. I've seen them going for 5-10 chaos. Still, you never know what might drop with 1875% IIQ, and that's the fun of doing it.

Yeah, I've wanted to give that one a try, too, but I think you're usually better off trying to sell it. I've seen them going for 5-10 chaos. Still, you never know what might drop with 1875% IIQ, and that's the fun of doing it.

I didn't know anything about it so I zone in, pop all the chests in the room, start hauling stuff back, then notice there is a second room full of chests!

I had to get creative to make sure I got all the loots I wanted in the remaing 3 portals...

I did get all the yellows and orbs.

I had about 25 Chance orbs and I used them all up on my 66,67 maps and got some decent ones...several of the "Twinned" ones, which is always nice since you're sure to get ~10-15 rares off the last boss room.

It's be nice to get some maps that are closer to my level though...I think I've only ever gotten 3 maps that were lvl 69 (I'm 74)

I'm trying to work my way through the lower level maps hoping mobs drop higher level maps...

I did convert many lvl 66 maps into 67s and several 67s into 68, but since I get so few of the higher level maps, I never get enough of the same type to trade for a higher level (i.e. 3x lvl67 tropical island)

I also found a no-risk method of getting just as many rares and an almost guaranteed 6S item every 4 to 6 minutes. Load up on your IIR gear and zone into the first ACT 3 zone Sarn City. (not the slums)

I have gotten anywhere between 3-12 rares per trip, and at least one 6S item every 1-2 times through it. Takes me about 4-5 minutes with my 20% boots and haste and I portal to Greust right in front of the zone in to Sarn so that, as soon as I sell my stuff to Greust in Act 2 I can zone into Sarn, then CTRL-Click the zone in to reset the instance.

On Saturday alone, I got about 90-100 jewelers and 140 or so alteration orbs from selling the 6S items and rares. I don't even bother with the blue stuff so I can get through the zone faster.

If you don't have a lot of time to play, or are just looking for something to do while waiting on someone to finish elsewhere, it's easy to run through it.(kinda monotonous sometimes, but worth it if you need a quick way to get some alterations or jewelers...)

It's be nice to get some maps that are closer to my level though...I think I've only ever gotten 3 maps that were lvl 69 (I'm 74)

I'm trying to work my way through the lower level maps hoping mobs drop higher level maps...

Like everything with this game, the only way to really progress through the map system is to grind it out. I've been following this little guide to pretty good effect so far. I currently have about 40 67-68 maps that I'm working through and I'm slowly starting to get some 69s. It's a tedious process but if you want to be able to run a steady stream of higher level maps, you need to take the time and do it.

Like everything with this game, the only way to really progress through the map system is to grind it out. I've been following this little guide to pretty good effect so far. I currently have about 40 67-68 maps that I'm working through and I'm slowly starting to get some 69s. It's a tedious process but if you want to be able to run a steady stream of higher level maps, you need to take the time and do it.

Yeah that's the attitude I'm taking...I don't mind grinding it out over time...I do like the ability to run seemingly a lot of different maps so it isn't as tedious as it would be if, say, there were only one map for lvl 66

I'm hoping to be able to get to the point soon that I can use my farm gear on these lower level maps. Normal max hp/armor/resist gear for me results in only ~43% IIR

With my farm gear, that goes up to almost 160%

The Vaults of Atziri map is basically a currency farm. You can get several stacks of alts out of it at the very least. Just strip off all your gear (for more bag space) and hope a rogue exile doesn't spawn. I normally run in, open everything with loot hidden, then once all chests are open turn show all loot on and hope you can haul it all back with 6 portals.

So just started playing a week or two ago. Any tips or build guides you guys like?

Currently I only have a a lvl 40 lightning templar, lvl 38 TH Duelist and a 20 something Marauder. I must say though that the Marauder seems extremely overpowered at this lower level than my other characters. Just started playing him and I seem to be walking through things so much easier than any of my other chars. Is this only in low levels and then higher levels things will even out or. . .?

So just started playing a week or two ago. Any tips or build guides you guys like?

Currently I only have a a lvl 40 lightning templar, lvl 38 TH Duelist and a 20 something Marauder. I must say though that the Marauder seems extremely overpowered at this lower level than my other characters. Just started playing him and I seem to be walking through things so much easier than any of my other chars. Is this only in low levels and then higher levels things will even out or. . .?

It's really quite hard to say. Maybe your Marauder has a really good weapon? perhaps his spec is better?

It all depends on the build. If your marauder is stronger, it's because he has better gear or you chose better passives for the build.

Just wait till you get to Merciless and those negative resists start piling up, you'll get wrecked soon enough.

Just wait till you get to Merciless and those negative resists start piling up, you'll get wrecked soon enough.

One of the changes I made was respecc'ing some of my resist nodes to other, seemingly more beneficial nodes.

Little did I realize (Because I've been on heavy drugs for the last month due to herniating my back) that some of my biggest resists were on the armor I was using. When I changed armor, my resists went down. (d'uh)

I've been able to level several levels over the last week and use those points to correct my resist deficiencies, but my cold resist is still at 71% and there are no nodes even remotely close to my build choices that I can use to get it back to over 75%. (The others are 135% and 159% so I am okay in maps with players have -##% less resistences)

I need to save up for enough chaos orbs to craft a really nice resist ring that has high cold/lightning/iir and I should be okay.

I need to save up for enough chaos orbs to craft a really nice resist ring that has high cold/lightning/iir and I should be okay.

you would be better off using those chaos orbs to buy a ring. use poe.xyz.is to find one.

I have a 27% res all, 19% IIR , 3-34 lightning dmg ring in my stash. No cold damage, though.

you would be better off using those chaos orbs to buy a ring. use poe.xyz.is to find one.

I keep forgetting about that site to be honest...I read a post that mentions it, the light photons hit my retinas and then they literally runs out my butt or something because it just fails to register in my brain housing unit.

I will check it out this evening.

I think I have enough jeweler orbs saved up currently to get something decent. If not, I can update my store this week to add a "gem department" listing all the lvl 1 gems I have kept.Maybe I can sell some of them for some additonal currency.

I have 2 stash tabs of blue gems, 1 full stash tab of green, 1 stash of red

I know I have like 3 mana leeches, a couple life leeches, shield tempest, storm call, all the minion and minion support gems in Q10% or higher, a bunch of reduced duration (for incinerate and other builds) couple EK (which I never saw until I reached level 70 (go figure)

I think I have like 32 tabs now, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back