Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should've started the patch earlier. everyone is downloading it now and It's not that great.. only about 1.5MB/sec dipping to 500KB/sec for stretches. Normally I'm getting 4+

Tonight my marauder found some pretty good chest armor with 5 sockets. I lucked out and got a 5 link with 7 fusings without using quality. after i got the 5 link i made it 20% quality and alched it. got some nice stuff on it but that's not what the post is about.

I now have in the 5 linked sockets:
Heavy Strike
multistrike
melee splash
added fire damage
life leech

It ROCKS. I can put away my sweep gem now for clearing out the masses.

So I was playing around with my 5Link.. swapped out heavy strike with dominating blow. WOW i think at one point I had 40 minions in the monkey forest where act 2 starts. This shows promise.

So I died this morning at lvl 86 to the Hybrid Widow which I have done many times in the past. I think I missed a map mod or something when I looked at it. I just remember it was maze and didn't pay too much attention. She rolled me.

I might move to SC. I don't have the time anymore to reroll every couple weeks lol

What do you mean they buffed melee

They didn't buff it. They just fixed it. Previously, physical damage on items like gloves or jewelry were not modified by passives that increased physical damage. Now, it will be modified just like elemental damage is modified by elemental passives. It resulted in a buff, but it should have been that way all along.

It seems some of the crit physical damage values of certain mobs have been adjusted quite a bit. Level 67+ tittie sluts can do 3k+ spikes now.

They didn't buff it. They just fixed it. Previously, physical damage on items like gloves or jewelry were not modified by passives that increased physical damage. Now, it will be modified just like elemental damage is modified by elemental passives. It resulted in a buff, but it should have been that way all along.

Yep, which means I'll be playing my Facebreaker build a lot more.

Oh sweet! I have tons of that shit on my jewelry, so that is yet another buff for my shadow.

So I died this morning at lvl 86 to the Hybrid Widow which I have done many times in the past. I think I missed a map mod or something when I looked at it. I just remember it was maze and didn't pay too much attention. She rolled me.

I might move to SC. I don't have the time anymore to reroll every couple weeks lol

Well your guy is already moved to SC right?

wtf my Content.ggpk got croupted and the game told me to delete it and to re launch the game its a 6.5gb file what a shity design not to have some kind of file checker built in

wtf my Content.ggpk got croupted and the game told me to delete it and to re launch the game its a 6.5gb file what a shity design not to have some kind of file checker built in

I believe it does have one in the patcher, but it might not be as intelligent as others..don't have game in front of me atm.

Well your guy is already moved to SC right?

Year, but I usually delete them. I think I'm going to stick around in SC this time. The exp death penalty is actually pretty steep. They really kick you in the balls by taking away exp even when you die in HC.

And it turns out there was likely a stealth monster DMG buff. That explains why I literally got face rolled by a mob that was not a big deal before.

You'd think they'd at least post an apology to their HC community for a complete fuck up of this magnitude.

You'd think they'd at least post an apology to their HC community for a complete fuck up of this magnitude.

The excuse is, "You're Beta testing". The truth is, it was a decent fuckup. I don't see how someone didn't get reamed for this kind of thing.

The excuse is, "You're Beta testing". The truth is, it was a decent fuckup. I don't see how someone didn't get reamed for this kind of thing.

Testing or not, an apology is a no brainer. "Hey guys, yes it's beta, but we screwed up pretty bad and we're sorry."

That's all.

Yea, I avoided certain shit as soon as I heard first reports of out of whack mob damage. A lot of HC and Onslaught people died in the mean time.

I saw that line in the patch notes and immediately thought of your post. That's some pretty tacky shit. Desync was worse than usual too last night.

It was the first time that I really noticed and felt that this is a free game, and that one gets what they pay for.

on a happier note, i finally got my chest 6-S last night, after about 400 jewellers.

Last edited:
No cheats, but he learns to do everything so efficiently that it's as good as cheating. :) He got banned in NeverWinter for knocking mobs off cliffs during boss fights. Everyone else playing NeverWinter was doing it too. Note that Twitch has very few NeverWinter streamers now because they all got temporarily banned.

He got banned in Guild Wars 2 for selling food that he crafted to a vendor for in game cash. Hell nobody else knew you weren't supposed to do that. Cherry Poppers exploit I believe it was called. In Path of Exile people trade him for items and he stacks tons of currency. Then he does stuff like this for fun on the stream.

There are plenty of better theorycrafters and players. Kripp is popular because he takes time to explain most of his methods rather well. Plus, he is actually a good player and relatively likable. The only real issue I have is sometimes he will sell an idea he has as fact, find out weeks later it wasn't quite true, but fail to correct himself.

It's just nuts that he has more currency in this video in a month-old league than I have ever accrued since the last wipe.

He has cheated in Path of Exile as well (a limited amount), afaik. Used maphack / zoomhack to show speed up a race or to show some mechanic. Since he is a "professional" you have to expect he will not only be familiar with various hacks, but also run into people using them, and be curious as to how they work. I joined a group last night with the name of one of the rogue exiles in public, it was 2 guys zoning in/out of new mud flats instances using a maphack of some kind to see if exiles had spawned. Must have had a fast SSD too because their zone in/out times were >2s. I got two exiles off my list from that, but left when I realized what they were doing

Anybody else play in the Descent race? I was a little underwhelmed by it, but it was nice to play something other than act 1 in a race.

It blows my mind how completely fucked the Standard economy is right now. Someone said adding an AH would ruin the economy. The economy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond ruined lol

It blows my mind how completely fucked the Standard economy is right now. Someone said adding an AH would ruin the economy. The economy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond ruined lol

yea its so fucked up and i hate trading whit people, they all go wts xxx then you msg them asking how much and they just say make and offer or they think there item is god and want a stupid amount of $$$$ for it. hell i have 1 79 1 77 1 74 and 2 mid 60s guys and have only seen 2 ext droop and for 6l and good items people want insane amount of them. and then its a pain in da ass to trade orbs to get other orbs

yea its so fucked up and i hate trading whit people, they all go wts xxx then you msg them asking how much and they just say make and offer or they think there item is god and want a stupid amount of $$$$ for it. hell i have 1 79 1 77 1 74 and 2 mid 60s guys and have only seen 2 ext droop and for 6l and good items people want insane amount of them. and then its a pain in da ass to trade orbs to get other orbs

Yea its retarded how low the drop rates are

I've leveled my dominating marauder build some more and it is seriously funny having a 40+ mob army with you. It'll mow down anything you come across extremely fast. I was farming crurl dread thicket last night. I started off at lvl 43 and got to 49 in a little under 2 hours. It would take only a few minutes to clear it each time.

edit: easily soloed vaal tonight. I loved it when he would make his minions appear. They became my minions very quickly.

Last edited:
They must have really nerfed Kole in that patch a couple days ago. I face tanked Carnage tonight in Colenande (lvl 71 map) with 35% more monster dmg mod and my HP barely moved. I'm having a lot of fun in SC. Honestly, I think I'm enjoying it more. I got a couple pieces of solid gear (including a 6L) and I'm pushing 10k dps on ground slam with 1h/shield :D

I've leveled my dominating marauder build some more and it is seriously funny having a 40+ mob army with you. It'll mow down anything you come across extremely fast. I was farming crurl dread thicket last night. I started off at lvl 43 and got to 49 in a little under 2 hours. It would take only a few minutes to clear it each time.

edit: easily soloed vaal tonight. I loved it when he would make his minions appear. They became my minions very quickly.

yeah minion master in poe is overpowered

They must have really nerfed Kole in that patch a couple days ago. I face tanked Carnage tonight in Colenande (lvl 71 map) with 35% more monster dmg mod and my HP barely moved. I'm having a lot of fun in SC. Honestly, I think I'm enjoying it more. I got a couple pieces of solid gear (including a 6L) and I'm pushing 10k dps on ground slam with 1h/shield :D

Yea, those damage values were reduced. Things are slowly balancing out, much better than before.

that's a fuck ton of damage with a one-hander holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back