Path of Exile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy this game sucked me in again.

Level 36 now, about to fight Dominus for the first time. I like the extra content they threw in the game!

Did they buff frost nova? seems waaaay better than it used to be.

Also--This is my first character in the Domination league, so I have very few of the gems i need, while getting some gems i don't. If anyone wants to trade some gems, let me know!

Also--This is my first character in the Domination league, so I have very few of the gems i need, while getting some gems i don't. If anyone wants to trade some gems, let me know!

Anything you're looking for in particular? I'm not super-gem-rich but I've got a fair number in Domination that I'd be happy to help you out with.

Glad to know that you were just bugged - though that still stinks.

One thing I noticed on your tree, though, is that, despite infernal blow being your primary skill, you have a ton of points allocated to projectile damage in order to buff spectral throw. This game is all about focusing one thing as much as possible (fire damage, energy shield, whatever) and stacking as many stats as possible to buff that aspect of your build. Were you to drop all the projectile damage and put those points into infernal blow and survive-ability nodes, it would be a big buff to your character. I know the idea of having both a ranged attack and a melee attack is nice but, in the end, you'll end up with both attacks being too weak to carry you.

The 4 nodes I dedicated to projectile damage are the first 4 nodes I took, in order to reach Sentinel. I would have to take back everything that branches off from that in order to reassign those 4 points (it'd be easier to create a new character)

There are two others, a Dex +10 and Iron Grip, that I took as part of my experimenting with the Dom fight the other day/night. I can take those and assign them to resists since Merciless puts you at such a disadvantage (And I can't find decent resist rings anywhere)

I'll try that out. Thanks. :)

Anything you're looking for in particular? I'm not super-gem-rich but I've got a fair number in Domination that I'd be happy to help you out with.

I could stand to part with a few as well.

Well i'm trying to make an RF/Burning damage build. So while I'll get some of the gems i need, it won't be enough for every move i want to use.

Increased AoE
Incrased Burning Damage
Fire Penetration
Incinerate

Are you guys in the [H] guild?

Whisper me on Resovir or CrispyBits later this evening if you're looking for guild invites. You can use the guild stash for swapping stuff back and forth. It should be available in all leagues.

Whisper me on Resovir or CrispyBits later this evening if you're looking for guild invites. You can use the guild stash for swapping stuff back and forth. It should be available in all leagues.

Oh really? I wonder how they deal with league-specific loot like the two-stone rings and stuff. Never seen those in standard before.

Oh really? I wonder how they deal with league-specific loot like the two-stone rings and stuff. Never seen those in standard before.

*Clarify

You can't swap between leagues. The guild stash only displays league specific stuff. It should be empty in Nemesis and Domination. I meant there are 2 stash pages available for all leagues.

wow I really scored tonight. I found a wand I wanted to buy using the http://poe.xyz.is indexer.. the guys thread was pretty old and it was a thread where he was selling stuff in softcore that was on his hardcore characters that died... I sent him a pm asking to buy the wand for 5 softcore chaos.

He came back saying "I don't sell stuff on softcore."
me- "ok, but I just saw your thread with the wand"
him -"oh? what thread number is it?"
I tell him.
I check the thread again - he has edited the first post and deleted everything in it.
me -"Since you killed the thread can I have the wand?"
him "sure, I'll pm you in a few minutes" a minute later "clear your inventory"

He then proceeds to give me an almost full stash worth of GG gear. no 6link shavronnes type of stuff but probably a few dozen exalts worth of stuff in total. a lot of good uniques and tons of very damn good rares that will be upgrades for a lot of gear my characters have now.

edit: holy crap - i knew "the taming prismatic ring" would probabaly be worth alot.. it's goes for 40+ ex all by itself. yea, this guy gave me a fortune.

Last edited:
Man that Lightning Trap boss was kicking my ass in NORMAL, even with 50% resist to lightning.

Had to get max resist, then was able to kill him without dying--and he dropped 3 blues and 5 whites. (rofl)

I've even spent a good many points on health nodes and health regen. I'm surprised he was that hard. He's going to be absolutely brutal in Merc.

Man that Lightning Trap boss was kicking my ass in NORMAL, even with 50% resist to lightning.

Had to get max resist, then was able to kill him without dying--and he dropped 3 blues and 5 whites. (rofl)

I've even spent a good many points on health nodes and health regen. I'm surprised he was that hard. He's going to be absolutely brutal in Merc.

I've been skipping him. Other than drops and xp, is there a point to killing him?

What's funny is that his damage was nerfed considerably in an earlier patch. He was a fucking freight train before. I first encountered him with my minion swarmer and noticed like 4 zombies and about 10 skeletons explode instantly before I even knew he was there. Now, you just need to get right up in his face if you can.

What's funny is that his damage was nerfed considerably in an earlier patch. He was a fucking freight train before. I first encountered him with my minion swarmer and noticed like 4 zombies and about 10 skeletons explode instantly before I even knew he was there. Now, you just need to get right up in his face if you can.

That was my exact experience too. As I understand it, tactics are very important with this guy. I think that the gist of it is that, so long as you don't move around, you don't trigger his traps. I think a well designed ranged character should do fairly well against him. And a minion build is almost impossible, here, as a swarm of allies will do nothing but trigger traps and die.

That was my exact experience too. As I understand it, tactics are very important with this guy. I think that the gist of it is that, so long as you don't move around, you don't trigger his traps. I think a well designed ranged character should do fairly well against him. And a minion build is almost impossible, here, as a swarm of allies will do nothing but trigger traps and die.

He has a sunblast belt type effect where his traps will auto trigger after a bit and I'm fairly sure he has lightning penetration which is why people with max resistances are still taking a large amount of damage from him.

I don't think I have been in a group yet that hasn't just straight skipped him.

Never underestimate a swarm. He is actually easiest to kill with my swarm whore, as 24+ minions overwhelm him and my cast time for summons is ridiculously fast.

He has a sunblast belt type effect where his traps will auto trigger after a bit and I'm fairly sure he has lightning penetration which is why people with max resistances are still taking a large amount of damage from him.

I don't think I have been in a group yet that hasn't just straight skipped him.

Yep, his traps auto trigger and he can throw 3 sets of 3 in about 2 seconds (like a multi-trap exile). When you get in close he just runs away, making the fight super frustrating because of all the insane damage. My easiest kill on him was my dual claw Duelist due to the high leech and spike damage.

All that said, I have never seen him drop even a remotely good item so what is the point. Idiotic choice by GGG to not scale the reward to the difficulty; I just skip him because it's not worth the effort.

All that said, I have never seen him drop even a remotely good item so what is the point. Idiotic choice by GGG to not scale the reward to the difficulty; I just skip him because it's not worth the effort.
QFT. I'll be skipping him now i guess. Looks like they even made it easy to do with how they laid out that level.

I maxed out my Lightning resists for him then stand still and pop him with spectral throw with a linked stun so he can't throw as many traps. He's even more of a PITA on cruel!

Not looking forward to seeing him again on merciless

So i finally got the Righteous Fire gem from the act 1 cruel quest reward... holy cow does this thing drain life faster than I anticipated ><

The thing is, there really aren't that many %hp regen nodes on the passive tree. As a templar, i got his, the scion's and then a burning/regen hybrid one in the witch trees... and i'm pretty sure that's all i am able to get if i'm a templar.

So to even make this work i'll need some auras--does anyone have:

Vitality
Purity of Fire

I have orbs i can trade in Domination League.

Also--does anyone know if adding Increased Burning Damage support gem to Righteous Fire also increases the damage you take yourself?

I was a little bummed last night at how quick the skill drained my life (after spending all my points getting to health regen and shit), but now i'm excited to try to overcome it and make the skill work.

edit: Is this quest in the game? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/A_Fixture_of_Fate I completely missed it.

Last edited:
So i finally got the Righteous Fire gem from the act 1 cruel quest reward... holy cow does this thing drain life faster than I anticipated ><

The thing is, there really aren't that many %hp regen nodes on the passive tree. As a templar, i got his, the scion's and then a burning/regen hybrid one in the witch trees... and i'm pretty sure that's all i am able to get if i'm a templar.

So to even make this work i'll need some auras--does anyone have:

Vitality
Purity of Fire

I have orbs i can trade in Domination League.

Also--does anyone know if adding Increased Burning Damage support gem to Righteous Fire also increases the damage you take yourself?

I was a little bummed last night at how quick the skill drained my life (after spending all my points getting to health regen and shit), but now i'm excited to try to overcome it and make the skill work.

edit: Is this quest in the game? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/A_Fixture_of_Fate I completely missed it.

I have a Purity of Fire you can have. Add my one of my characters to friends and it should add my whole account: Sadistic_Pyromancer or Raucous_Laughter. I might have other helpful stuff too but I don't really know what a RF build needs.

I have a Purity of Fire you can have. Add my one of my characters to friends and it should add my whole account: Sadistic_Pyromancer or Raucous_Laughter. I might have other helpful stuff too but I don't really know what a RF build needs.

That'd be awesome. I'll add you tonight.

Looking through the quest rewards, i'll get a lot of what i need through those. However, I won't get a Life Leech support which i'll need too, i think.

Also, if anyone has any unique items with %life regen and/or fire resist, I'm in the market for those.

As mentioned, i haven't spent any of my orbs so i can compensate anyone for their troubles.

I just started using The Blood Dance boots on my dual claw Duelist. They have a chance to grant a frenzy charge on kill and also provide 1% life regen per frenzy charge. Not sure how practical they would be for your build but I'm at 6 charges so 6% life regen is nice. Paid 10C for my 29% boots (20-30% range).

I just started using The Blood Dance boots on my dual claw Duelist. They have a chance to grant a frenzy charge on kill and also provide 1% life regen per frenzy charge. Not sure how practical they would be for your build but I'm at 6 charges so 6% life regen is nice. Paid 10C for my 29% boots (20-30% range).

Those boots are really cool! If i ever get back into my claw shadow, i'd want a pair of those. For this RF guy though, i agree--the frenzy charges don't really fit

The Blood Dance boots are really nice, but I think you way overpaid at 10 chaos. I've bought a couple of pairs of 30% for 1-2 chaos each. You might pay a bit more for a 4L pair. People try to ask way more in trade chat, in part because they are pretty kick ass boots, but they are actually pretty common. A few weeks ago when I snapped up a couple of pairs, there were literally 41 pairs of perfect (30%) Blood Dance for sale in Dominion. 80-some if you included the 29% ones as well. A lot of people don't realize this, and once you point it out, many are happy to take whatever they can get for them, as long as you're not an ass about it. If they refuse to come down, just move on to the next guy... like I mentioned, there is no shortage of perfect or near perfect Blood Dance up for sale on poe.xyz.is

What constitutes "low life"? Are you considered low life if you use blood magic on auras to take most of your life?

Also, how do you go about finding a unique item with a certain affix? (i'm trying to find all the unique items with %hp regeneration)

The Blood Dance boots are really nice, but I think you way overpaid at 10 chaos. I've bought a couple of pairs of 30% for 1-2 chaos each. You might pay a bit more for a 4L pair. People try to ask way more in trade chat, in part because they are pretty kick ass boots, but they are actually pretty common. A few weeks ago when I snapped up a couple of pairs, there were literally 41 pairs of perfect (30%) Blood Dance for sale in Dominion. 80-some if you included the 29% ones as well. A lot of people don't realize this, and once you point it out, many are happy to take whatever they can get for them, as long as you're not an ass about it. If they refuse to come down, just move on to the next guy... like I mentioned, there is no shortage of perfect or near perfect Blood Dance up for sale on poe.xyz.is

Hmm I'll keep that in mind for next time. I've only really used the chat to trade thus far, but the Blood Dance boots were kind of an impulse buy and I didn't look up what they were worth beforehand, mainly because I was having trouble finding owners in the chat so I jumped.

I've never successfully traded. I've been trying through the forums for the last 3 days and of the 6 PM's I sent to people that supposedly maintain shops, not a single reply yet. =(

Well I tried my hand at crafting a 6S 6L yesterday using my current, really nice bow...

You already know how this turns out, don't you...

I wasted 2 stacks of orbs and ended up going from a 5L bow to a bow with 2L + 1 individual socket...*sigh*

On the flip-side, I found a decent chest piece that had only a couple sockets so I thought, W.T.H., I'll use my last orb on it...it went to 6S 4L on 1 orb...

Then I found a 4S 0L Ezomyte(sp?) helmet, that was white but had decent armor rating so I rare'd it and now my helmet has more armor than my chest! I threw my last Fusing orb at it and it 4L'd it so, for the day overall, I think I did "okay". I just need to correct my Bow issue

Man...that RNG is really R!

I also discovered it's best to get your crap crafted BEFORE you apply a Blacksmith Stone/Armor Scrap because the orbs to link/change sockets wipes out the added Quality :(

I'm on A2M currently with my Scion, and I'm getting odd gem drops...are you guys seeing this too?

I had a mob drop the "increased area of effect" gem, then the very next mob standing next to it dropped the "concentrated area of effect" gem. 2 minutes after that I had 2 reduced manas drop from consecutive mobs.

For giggles, I hopped back onto my first character and played Act 1 on Merciless. He's currently 3 levels higher than my second character (He's 63) He dies more often in the Mud Flats than Kenny does in an entire season of Southpark, lol.

I think I may petition a GM to rename him to Zombie_Food

Still having a blast even though... :)

I also discovered it's best to get your crap crafted BEFORE you apply a Blacksmith Stone/Armor Scrap because the orbs to link/change sockets wipes out the added Quality :(

Fusings are worth a lot more than scraps or whetstones. Quality also increases the odds of linking sockets. So, do the opposite.

That said, don't try crafting a 6L without a stash of 800-1000 fusings. You might get lucky, but probably not.

Man...that RNG is really R!

some (all?) people might argue that the R in RNG isn't so random when it comes to getting a 6L. random would indicate an average chance when it's actually rather infinitesimally small. It's more like a luck roll.

also, those stones/scraps that disappear? The more quality the item has when you orb it the higher chance you have of getting max sockets/links. Of course to 6L with 20% q you are talking about an increase from .00001% chance to .000019% chance. (actual numbers are unknown) the orb does eat the quality though as you noticed.

Just another guy chiming in on the futility of trying to craft a 6L without obscene heaps of fusings. It just isn't worth it unless you have an epic end-game item that you plan to use for the rest of that character's life.

5 links are a different story. I successfully 5 linked two items in open beta with, probably, less than 100 fusings between the two of them. And, since official launch, 5L are now supposed to be 25% more probable. I've basically just come to terms with the fact that 5L items are as good as I'm going to see.

And, one last tip I learned the hard way - don't craft items you're currently using. You invariably end up wrecking the socket setup and screwing yourself over.

5L should be enough for the vast majority of builds. If you need 6L to be viable, the build is flawed.

Fusings are worth a lot more than scraps or whetstones. Quality also increases the odds of linking sockets. So, do the opposite.

That said, don't try crafting a 6L without a stash of 800-1000 fusings. You might get lucky, but probably not.

800-1000? HOLY CRAP!

I was extremely lucky to scrape together 20.

5L should be enough for the vast majority of builds. If you need 6L to be viable, the build is flawed.

I don't "need" a 6L because I think my build works pretty well so far, but there's just something about the prospect of running Burning Arrow, Elemental Proliferation, Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage, Added Fire, and Increased Burning that gives me a chubby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back