Palworld

I just now payed attention to this yellow thing with the chain gun. Its Totoro.
1705912565251.png

1705912627617.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msm2vnvu5yw

Feels like a modern day "Transformers vs Gobots" controversy.

I can tell you one thing, I haven't played a Pokemon game since the original, and if someone put a Palworld 'Pal' or modern Pokemon in front of me, I'd have no clue which one's which (unless one was armed with a minigun, of course.)

It currently has more concurrent players than fortnite, assuming fortnite.gg is accurate.
And that's just on steam, not counting gamepass players.

Not cup of tea but this is crazy.

It currently has more concurrent players than fortnite, assuming fortnite.gg is accurate.
And that's just on steam, not counting gamepass players.

Not cup of tea but this is crazy.
Yup weekend is over and the numbers started to decline but it shot up again overnight.

https://steamdb.info/app/1623730/charts/

It just passed Lost Ark for #3 all time.

I put about 6 hours into it over the weekend on Gamepass. Much of it feels like an asset flip for Zelda/Genshin Impact; even the sound effects sound similar. The gameloop is fairly addictive but like with most Survival games I quickly became burned out over the resource collection and gating of upgrades. The Pals working your base is a neat feature but I had constant issues with them getting stuck on nothing and not being able to make their way to their food or jobs.

Even if they did, that is what the pokemon developers did with real life animals and other influences. So it all mostly leads back to mother nature.
What an actual lawyer has to say:
View attachment 629221 (source)
1705931219514.png

Oh god, please no. The gameplay loop in Pokémon has already gotten so bloated over the years. We don't need survival gameplay elements to fuck it up even more.

What in the world? A fort night/pokemon mashup looks like? Still the numbers if true over just2-3 day's is a bit crazy lol. Of course i'm sure the $25-30 dollar price point helped a bit.

5 million copies sold. Now if they can just make it so every official server doesn't lag like crazy, that'd be cool.

As suspect as the art looks that one is a bit of a stretch. I don't think I'm particularly worried about generic ruins and circle with thing in the middle.

I've seen nearly the same things in those screenshots in a 100 different games.
Was going to say the same thing. No one is original anymore.

Anyway, I tried to load up Palworld on Xbox Gamepass even though i missed the Pokemon boat by a few years. Turns out inverting y-axis is pretty broke, sometimes works, found this info on reddit, sometimes you cant get it to stick, and I am one of those weirdos thats been playing inverted since Q1 days, so I had to give up for now.

Played for a little bit with a friend, was pretty fun. Could not care less one bit about the drama of "they referenced muh big corporino's designs!"

Go tell Game Freak to make a good game for the first time in decades.

Not even a far reach, the 3d models in the ruins are completely different. Even if they were 100% the same copy for copy, it would be meaningless as it's the same exact gothic/victorian style architecture seen in hundreds of games before.....built by architects hundreds of years ago....
Some people have seemed to become unhinged with this game's release, I don't know why but it seems to happen when a genre is finally no longer locked to a specific console. Reminds me of this post, when HZD was announced for PC:
1.jpg
(source)

Played for a little bit with a friend, was pretty fun. Could not care less one bit about the drama of "they referenced muh big corporino's designs!"

Go tell Game Freak to make a good game for the first time in decades.
agreed.

Did they copy designs? Who cares. Nintendo ruined a man's life because he worked at a company that sold tools that allow you to modify your console. Fuck'em.

I'm not going to buy it until it out of early access could delete your save file just like Vrising.

I'm not sure if this would be my thing or not but I have to admit, I'm tempted to see what all the fuss is about.

I had to start a new game on Single player. I couldn't load into the official server I was on. Had the infinite loading screen. Ah well, single player is less laggy anyway.

Just played it for about 3 hours and I’ve gotta say… I don’t hate it.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1623730/view/3979560973699106474

The Future of Palworld
We would like to share with you our roadmap for Palworld.
Sales have far exceeded the development team's expectations, and we are currently experiencing many problems due to excessive access congestion, among other challenges.
We will prioritize improving this issue first, and then move on to implementing new in-game features.
Thank you for your understanding.

[Early Access Roadmap]
・Addressing Critical Issues
・Currently, numerous bugs have been identified, and we are prioritizing fixing those.
 ・Sometimes, the world date may experience rollbacks.
 ・The loading screen may persist when trying to load into worlds.
...and so on.

・Improvements to Implement ASAP
 ・Key configuration improvements.
 ・Improvements to base Pal AI and pathing.

・Planned Future Updates
 ・PvP
 ・Raid Bosses (End-Game Content)
 ・Pal Arena (PvP for Pals)
 ・Steam-Xbox Crossplay
 ・Various Xbox Feature Improvements
 ・Server Transfers and Migrations
 ・Improvements to the Building System
 ・New islands, Pals, Bosses, and Technologies.

The entire Pocketpair development team

3a6fba32a022e351d01c93373ca4ee61938abe6b.png

Gaming fads like this always fascinate me.

I have to say I'm getting kind of amazed I haven't seen any legal bombs going off yet.

You wait a bit to then argue a larger financial damage to get more out of it potentially. Kind of "well they have made $20 million using some of our assets" has more gain than "$50 using our assets".
If they even have a case i dunno, im not even a fake internet lawyer. Just seems more beneficial to wait a bit.

And who knows, maybe they are already in talks with each other, not everything gets put on the internet for us all to know.

Gaming fads like this always fascinate me.

I have to say I'm getting kind of amazed I haven't seen any legal bombs going off yet.

I'm sure if Nintendo's lawyers could've found something to sue PocketPair over, they would've by now - especially how quick Nintendo went after the modders who put Ash and actual Pokemon into the game.

Just watch this game become bigger than Pokemon; This could end up being another Fortnite/PUBG scenario.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm sure if Nintendo's lawyers could've found something to sue PocketPair over, they would've by now - especially how quick Nintendo went after the modders who put Ash and actual Pokemon into the game.

Just watch this game become bigger than Pokemon; This could end up being another Fortnite/PUBG scenario.
from what I read the developers already cleared hurdles in Japan to make sure they didnt copy Nintendo and it was approved by Japan. So, might be hard for Nintendo to do anything.

Now, Nintendo did get the full Pokeman mod taken down for this game. So, it does look like Nintendo knows very well what this game is.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
You guys bashing the game....have you actually played it? It is really fun. Like all the reviewers are saying, it has a very satisfying gameplay loop.

No pay to win, no battlepass, no cosmetics or anything behind a pay wall.

You guys bashing the game....have you actually played it? It is really fun. Like all the reviewers are saying, it has a very satisfying gameplay loop.

No pay to win, no battlepass, no cosmetics or anything behind a pay wall.
Yes, I put about 6 hours in. The gameplay loop is doing chores so that you can have your Pals do those chores while you move on to do other chores. It's one of those 'a mile wide but an inch deep' scenarios; lots of systems that are nothing but busy work. It kind of blows my mind that so many people can't see through it and are calling it impressive.

Yes, I put about 6 hours in. The gameplay loop is doing chores so that you can have your Pals do those chores while you move on to do other chores. It's one of those 'a mile wide but an inch deep' scenarios; lots of systems that are nothing but busy work. It kind of blows my mind that so many people can't see through it and are calling it impressive.
Or, bear with me, most people don't want complex game mechanisms and instead just want to have fun.

I aint going to bash the game, as i mean a lot of people like it. So, its doing something right.

I am just not a fan of the pokeman stuff. Never was my cup of tea. When Pokeman came out in the US I was more interesting in the original Counter-strike :)

Back