Pac Man Roomba Hack

I'm not sure what to say about this other than what a waste of time and LED's.

You're just jealous because your room isn't filled with dots, cherries, bananas, and a bunch of people covered in colorful bedsheets.

You're in the wrong forum buddy, we love to waste time and money on case mods and other mods ;)

IMO I think it's dumb, not only is it not yellow, but this will drain the battery quickly... not to mention add profile to the unit that would get it stuck more often.

You should be strung up for ignoring nostalgia. Either that or you have no clue what PacMan actually is. In which case you probably shouldn't have said anything.

IMO I think it's dumb, not only is it not yellow, but this will drain the battery quickly... not to mention add profile to the unit that would get it stuck more often.

And the point of what he did had nothing to do with battery life or anything else. He started a project that was interesting for him, he managed to do it and a lot of other people like that fact that he tried and succeeded.

this makes me want to actually get one of these off of woot now... though i would probably never finish actually doing the mod ><

if i had the time i would be all over this

It's a fricking Roomba. Nobody thought it was possible to do anything semi cool with an automated vacuum cleaner that misses half the floor (except maybe make it get the other half)

This guy made it at least somewhat entertaining. Stop crapping on the idea.

And the point of what he did had nothing to do with battery life or anything else. He started a project that was interesting for him, he managed to do it and a lot of other people like that fact that he tried and succeeded.

I just expected something cool while being efficient.

You should be strung up for ignoring nostalgia. Either that or you have no clue what PacMan actually is. In which case you probably shouldn't have said anything.

I love Pacman - played it continuously when it hit back in 80. I'm also a big fan of nostalgia but IMHO this is just dumb. It's ugly, serves no improved functionality and needs a diffusion plate to blend the LED's. Are opinions not allowed here?

You're in the wrong forum buddy, we love to waste time and money on case mods and other mods ;)

I love mods but I think I'm jaded with all the same crappy ones recycled. Believe me I've done some questionable ones myself. I tend to stay away from the ones that don't enhance the usefulness of the initial product.

I love mods but I think I'm jaded with all the same crappy ones recycled. Believe me I've done some questionable ones myself. I tend to stay away from the ones that don't enhance the usefulness of the initial product.

And the vast majority of mods have nothing to do with increasing efficiency or usefulness. Hell, the most interesting ones are usually nothing more than "bling" but it is something different from the initial usage of the product.

I'm all for efficiency, but it's nice to see something different that has nothing to do with efficiency. Hell, this mod was never meant to have anything to do with efficiency so what is with the hate? If he claimed it now got him beer from the fridge, did his laundry and was great in bed, then I could see some bitching. But hell, it's just something someone did for the hell of it and made no claims of additional helpful functionality.

And the vast majority of mods have nothing to do with increasing efficiency or usefulness. Hell, the most interesting ones are usually nothing more than "bling" but it is something different from the initial usage of the product.

I'm all for efficiency, but it's nice to see something different that has nothing to do with efficiency. Hell, this mod was never meant to have anything to do with efficiency so what is with the hate? If he claimed it now got him beer from the fridge, did his laundry and was great in bed, then I could see some bitching. But hell, it's just something someone did for the hell of it and made no claims of additional helpful functionality.

I don't HATE it but I do think it's a waste of time. I'm sorry but if I don't like something then I say it. I also point out the mods I like a lot as well.

Someone once told me that there aren't enough assholes in the world, I'm just trying to do my part :D

Someone once told me that there aren't enough assholes in the world, I'm just trying to do my part :D[/QUOTE]

Wait what??? There arn't enough? since when has the population of assholes ever dropped in any significant way? There are more made everyday and they are starting at a much younger age.

Back