Overwatch 2 - Official Thread

is the SBMM broken? I did quick play for almost 2 hours tonight and couldn't win a single game, played a healer.
If you're playing healer, do not plan on winning unless you're in a group - especially at the lower ranks (below plat) no one on DPS will cover your back. Your best option playing as solo healer is to just try and statpad your way out of the lower ranks. Probably play moira and just DPS.

If you're playing healer, do not plan on winning unless you're in a group - especially at the lower ranks (below plat) no one on DPS will cover your back. Your best option playing as solo healer is to just try and statpad your way out of the lower ranks. Probably play moira and just DPS.
thanks. I have not played ranked yet, I'm just doing the quick play. I'm winning alot more now, been primarly playing cassidy. I'm getting addicted to this game.

Ugh that is the worst when Moira does that, but I get it in low ranks.

I won 6/7 on Tank Role Queue and it gave me Bronze 5.... The games are awful. Teammates just running out solo to go die one by one, but I don't really see a way to solo queue and get out of this.

Such is the solo plight.

I was up to masters at one point in the first game and people were still retarded, just with better aim and more salt.

You just had to play the highest impact, clutchiest heroes like Zarya because even drooling idiots can manage to not fuck up when you repeatedly land borderline team wiping ults.

Try to play with someone and it'll just be 90x more enjoyable

Such is the solo plight.

I was up to masters at one point in the first game and people were still retarded, just with better aim and more salt.

You just had to play the highest impact, clutchiest heroes like Zarya because even drooling idiots can manage to not fuck up when you repeatedly land borderline team wiping ults.

Try to play with someone and it'll just be 90x more enjoyable
Same deal with most every multiplayer game nowadays. Most people stink so badly it's not even comprehensible. It's 90x better to play with friends than pugs.

I won 6/7 on Tank Role Queue and it gave me Bronze 5.... The games are awful. Teammates just running out solo to go die one by one, but I don't really see a way to solo queue and get out of this.

YourOverwatch stated that the system is placing players two levels below where they really should be (to start). Apparently you should expect to climb up pretty rapidly in the games following your placement. Something to do with the MMR reset from OW to OW2.

I got to Champion in Rocket League solo queue multiple seasons. I have faith its possible in OW haha

1666288332219.png

Well, I've played about 25-30 hours of it now. I have fun at times but if they don't change things it will die within a year and it should. I still don't like 5v5. I have little interest in waiting 3-5mins to play tank now and no one really likes playing support anymore because in 5v5 you're dealing with dps flankers and tanks, often with no help. No loot boxes ironically means no real incentive to keep playing unless you're having fun. As a casual the battle pass isn't going to keep me interested nor spending even the $10 for it. The less said about the $15-25 skins in the shop the better.

It will be interesting to see how the new tank character plays out since he'll be locked to level 55 in the battle pass. Thats 30-50 hours of gametime to unlock, even if you paid $10 for premium battle pass.

Can anyone weigh in on the legal issues pertaining to loot boxes?

I get the general idea that they are gambling, but how does Rocket League get away with an almost IDENTICAL system? RL is the same setup as OW2 only it has loot boxes added in. Why couldn't Blizzard have done something similar?

Can anyone weigh in on the legal issues pertaining to loot boxes?

I get the general idea that they are gambling, but how does Rocket League get away with an almost IDENTICAL system? RL is the same setup as OW2 only it has loot boxes added in. Why couldn't Blizzard have done something similar?
Blizzard still wants to make money in markets where lootboxes were made illegal.

Well, I've played about 25-30 hours of it now. I have fun at times but if they don't change things it will die within a year and it should. I still don't like 5v5. I have little interest in waiting 3-5mins to play tank now and no one really likes playing support anymore because in 5v5 you're dealing with dps flankers and tanks, often with no help. No loot boxes ironically means no real incentive to keep playing unless you're having fun. As a casual the battle pass isn't going to keep me interested nor spending even the $10 for it. The less said about the $15-25 skins in the shop the better.

It will be interesting to see how the new tank character plays out since he'll be locked to level 55 in the battle pass. Thats 30-50 hours of gametime to unlock, even if you paid $10 for premium battle pass.

These clowns can't even get a single balance patch out in six weeks for a brand new "live service" game. They changed the game to 5v5 and super-buffed the tanks, but didn't rework most of the game modes, so all the casual/arcade modes are overrun with tanks.

They have demonstrated no improvement in managing their IP and appear to have little to no interest in addressing customer satisfaction, so where's the incentive to pay them money for anything? A battlepass for a game they don't patch? I'm not buying the battlepass and if they're stupid enough to start locking all the new heroes behind ridiculous BP levels (level 55?) then players are going to sour on this IP very quickly.

Flats had a decent rant earlier today:

and appear to have little to no interest in addressing customer satisfaction, so where's the incentive to pay them money for anything?

Yeah. Apparently you will get access to the new guy if you buy the pass immediately on release. He's locked out of competitive for 2-3 weeks so free players can level up and not to mess with comp. balance or something. If I keep playing at my current pace, I'd get him for free in about 2-3 weeks of playing, a month tops. I doubt I'll have the energy to do it though. Mei has been out of the game for 3 weeks I think now. It was 2-3 weeks for bastion before that. The more I think about it, the more I think them going F2P model for a team objective game will just end badly.

Just total laziness by Activision on this one. Sort of like the new WoW expansion that costs more, doesn't offer a free month of game time nor a free xp boost for a character. It all reeks of desperation for cash.

I saw Flats the first time earlier playing with Seagull on a stream, never heard of him before. Good rant. New Mei skin got patched in at least! $10 bux for a character skin you can't play.

It feels like a downgrade in many respects.

1 tank, actually - I like that change overall.
Everything else - not so much.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When people talk about Blizzard games, they commonly say that if its not on steam they won't play it. Wonder if those players will eat their words and now play it on Steam.
Do they though? I've never heard that before.

Battle.net was a thing before Steam existed.

Anyone playing with the new season 9 patch?
Yes and I love it. It didn't need the hotbox size increase, but I've been wanting the health increase for years. You don't insta-die anymore. That's awesome. The hotbox size increase should be reverted though because Sojurn creates rail in like 2 secs now. And hitting the rail is incredibly easy too. Hitscan is sooo much easier. No need for that. The survivability was fantastic though from the added health pools globally.

I'm skipping the season Pass though because I don't like any of the skins. It's a weak season Pass.

The only change I like is the health stats and that's it.

When people talk about Blizzard games, they commonly say that if its not on steam they won't play it. Wonder if those players will eat their words and now play it on Steam.
The problem is is came at the worst time, when they announced cancellation of the PVE. Ruined all of it's "Steam" if it would've came out much earlier. So sad. It's actually one of the most unique hero shooters and won game of the year in 2016 and is still an amazing hero FPS.

The problem is is came at the worst time, when they announced cancellation of the PVE. Ruined all of it's "Steam" if it would've came out much earlier. So sad. It's actually one of the most unique hero shooters and won game of the year in 2016 and is still an amazing hero FPS.
Lets not pretend that it's the same game as when it originally launched in 2016. It got progressively worse as they pandered more and more to the esports crowd.

Lets not pretend that it's the same game as when it originally launched in 2016. It got progressively worse as they pandered more and more to the esports crowd.
IMO they never really had a cohesive plan for what they wanted the comp to look like. So it took them a long time to eventually get something they thought was good. I mean the fact that you had no class limits for comp is kind of insane.

IMO they never really had a cohesive plan for what they wanted the comp to look like. So it took them a long time to eventually get something they thought was good. I mean the fact that you had no class limits for comp is kind of insane.

Yeah, and you have some pro's advocating to get rid of role queue. So far, Season9 is eh, okay. I have a feeling they will need to work on the dps' healing debuff because if you aren't a shield tank you can get melted very quickly. I'm staying away from comp for a week or two at least but maybe now it won't be a pointless slog to try to rank up.

Honestly I like it better now. I just don't like the expanded hit box sizes. Everything else fits into the hero shooter genre. I don't take it too seriously. I just like that each hero has a different set of abilities unlike almost all other shooter games where they mostly all use automatic machine guns which at this point is extremely repetitive and boring after 30 years of machine guns there's only so much machine gun I can take 😂

Back