Overwatch 2 - Official Thread

I thought the same thing, more like OW 1.5.

However if the price is right I will probably pick it up, I've had a great time with OW 1.

Whatever happened to World of Warcraft 2 Blizzard is trying to hook kids on easy to play shooters.

Whatever happened to World of Warcraft 2 Blizzard is trying to hook kids on easy to play shooters.

They literally released OW over 3 years ago and now you're complaining that Blizzard is trying "hook kids" on shooters? This from the guy that gets hyped over every COD variant that gets released every 6 months?

Those maps are off the hook I missed out Overwatch always thought it was too late to pick up. Whoa that weapon environment stuff is great.

Last edited:
Interesting. It makes me want to go back and try it. However, I notice that they don't talk at all about how they're going to actually fix competitive play. They talk about how they're going to spice it up with character advancement and enviromentals (maps, weather, and sounds), but not how they're going to address matchmaking, cheaters, smurfs, etc..

The Overwatch 2 Closed Beta is officially set to begin on April 26th, Blizzard Entertainment revealed on Friday...the developers have also confirmed additional details, such as the requirement to own the first game to be eligible for the first Closed Beta event...additionally, this Closed Beta will only be available on PC, though future tests will also include consoles

To opt in for the Overwatch 2 Closed Beta, you just need to log in and click the button at the link below...if you're selected, Blizzard will contact you via email...

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/beta/#beta-opt-in-button

preliminary system requirements:

Minimum (targeting 30fps):

-Operating system: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
-Processor: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650
-Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series, AMD Radeon HD 7000 series
-Memory: 6 GB RAM
-Storage: 50 GB available hard drive space

Recommended (targeting 60fps on Medium settings):

-Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
-Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 5
-Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD R9 380
-Memory: 8 GB RAM
-Storage: 50 GB available hard drive space

I'm in the Beta. It's not terrible, but not great either. I understand its a Beta, and there are definitely some balance issues.

I'm in the Beta. It's not terrible, but not great either. I understand its a Beta, and there are definitely some balance issues.
A beta is supposed to be a finished product that just needs testing before it is shipped. I understand needing to test balance, but nothing I see really differentiates it from the first game.

Doesn't look like they changed a single thing with the graphics. I had a million hours into this back in the day....kinda sad.

Doesn't look like they changed a single thing with the graphics. I had a million hours into this back in the day....kinda sad.
The graphics look worse in my opinion - like they fucked around with the color palette for no good reason.

Ultrawide working properly?
Surely you jest, as if Blizzard could be stuffed giving us something as simple as a functioning 21:9 aspect ratio.

The graphics look worse in my opinion - like they fucked around with the color palette for no good reason.

Surely you jest, as if Blizzard could be stuffed giving us something as simple as a functioning 21:9 aspect ratio.
They're still using the tired old "unfair" argument that we had to go through 20 years ago with 16:10 monitors.

This was a big reason why I never bought an ultrawide monitor. As a former TF2 junkie, I moved to OW hoping for a "spiritual successor" to TF2 and it quickly became clear that Blizzard was not going to support 21:9 properly. So many nice monitors, but since OW happens to the main game that I play it was enough for me to disregard the entire monitor category.

They're still using the tired old "unfair" argument that we had to go through 20 years ago with 16:10 monitors.

Personally, I used to play TF2 on a triple-wide setup and the Source engine did a great job. Could I technically see more than other people? Sure, but IMO there can also be drawbacks to the wider FOV, including less ability to focus on any particular thing due to all the extra stuff that you can see (information overload). A wider FOV usually means that the camera feels zoomed out more, which can result in reduced tracking performance due to player models being smaller on the screen; the extreme opposite being an FOV like 75 which feels like tunnel-vision and the player models are huge. There's a happy medium in there somewhere, but don't expect Blizzard to give gamers the option to figure it out for themselves.

The funniest thing about the whole "competitive advantage" stance they've taken is that they did the worst job possible of fostering a competitive environment in Overwatch when it came to everything else that actually mattered:
- lack of hero balance
- lack of map development
- lack of game mode development
- utter lack of community features (Diablo 3 has guilds/clans but OW doesn't after 6 years...let that sink in)
- lack of regular update and content delivery schedules
- lack of developer communication
- lack of community management
- lack of forum moderation
- lack of forum structure (the entire game should apparently fall under "General Discussion" or "Competitive Discussion"; no subforums for the 32 heroes, the game modes, maps, etc.)

A franchise with tons of potential that, to date, has mostly been squandered. OW2 release will be the next big opportunity and, while I'd love for the game to be great, there is currently no reason to believe that Blizzard has changed or will change their ways on anything listed above.

Going Free to Trash.....because of course they are.

Why do you think this is bad? OW1 already pretends it's F2P by having paid lootbox gambling, which is basically the worst monetezation apart from pay to win.

I wasn't even going to buy it, now I'll at least try it out since it's free.

Well there are new Game Modes like Push which was really fun in the game Dirty Bomb. This interview lol

I’m so confused as to what this actually is. And now it’s f2p?

I’m so confused as to what this actually is. And now it’s f2p?
It's a content update for the first game, not a sequel despite Blizzard's labeling. Blizzard is establishing a worrying pattern of superseding old games with new ones. Yes, it's free-to-play. Games were also reduced to 5v5 from 6v6.

Looking forward to OverWatch 2. The also adjusted the new passives. Only 1 tank. New game modes and new maps are introduced. I will be playing a ton of this. The appeal to me of OverWatch is how easy it is to pick up and play it. No need to learn for months and bind keys and secrets hiding spots etc. Yes you can grind to be better and better for years but the ease of how to use the heroe is exactly why I love playing Overwatch. Easy to pick up but hard to master. Not hard to pick up and even harder to master.

I wonder if R6: Siege will follow and go free to play. It’s basically there anyway.

It's a content update for the first game, not a sequel despite Blizzard's labeling. Blizzard is establishing a worrying pattern of superseding old games with new ones. Yes, it's free-to-play. Games were also reduced to 5v5 from 6v6.

What's worse is that Overwatch 2 overwrites Overwatch 1, so if you don't like the new meta game and they don't allow classic match rules then tough shit.....you are now the proud owner of the latest F2P trash cash in.

https://www.pcgamer.com/once-overwatch-2-arrives-youll-never-be-able-to-play-overwatch-1-again/

Back