Alright, I recently upgraded to the E0 Stepping E8400. My Motherboard is the nForce 750i FTW. I have 4GB of OCZ Ram. I had a 700Watt Raidmax, but then upped it to a 700Watt Gamestream, which is more powerful than the Raidmaxx. My CPU is Water cooled. And I have Two 8800GTs.
Now, my problem is I can not maintain a stable 4.0GHz+ overclock, I've had it at 4.05GHz on my Raidmax drive, was able to run Orthos for an hour and a half, problem free, but then booted into Crysis Warhead, and it restarted. I then tried it with one card, my newer GT, opposed to my older GT, and I was able to play Crysis Warhead for quite some time maxed out, with playable FPS. So I narrowed it down to my PSU, I swapped that out with a Gamestream, now I tried to overclock past 4.0GHz, and could not maintain a stable overclock.. I'm starting to think it's either my CPU, Mobo, or GPUs..
If I can narrow it down to the GPUs, I'll go out and buy a 4870, but I would really like to overclock the CPU to at least 4.0GHz.
And I can overclock the CPU to 3.60 stable on stock voltage, and 3.75 with a little higher voltage, and I can run Orthos and game just fine, I was able to do this on my Raidmax, and I am currently at 1.336V at 3.60 on the Gamestream, also my Mobo has the V Droop pencil mod.
I also have been getting some possibly GPU related problems recently. I'll sometimes get a black back lit screen after booting up past the BIOS for a few seconds to a few minutes. And my screen will blink black once or twice when I enter a Call of Duty 4 game, but I don't believe it does it in any other game.
Thanks.
Now, my problem is I can not maintain a stable 4.0GHz+ overclock, I've had it at 4.05GHz on my Raidmax drive, was able to run Orthos for an hour and a half, problem free, but then booted into Crysis Warhead, and it restarted. I then tried it with one card, my newer GT, opposed to my older GT, and I was able to play Crysis Warhead for quite some time maxed out, with playable FPS. So I narrowed it down to my PSU, I swapped that out with a Gamestream, now I tried to overclock past 4.0GHz, and could not maintain a stable overclock.. I'm starting to think it's either my CPU, Mobo, or GPUs..
If I can narrow it down to the GPUs, I'll go out and buy a 4870, but I would really like to overclock the CPU to at least 4.0GHz.
And I can overclock the CPU to 3.60 stable on stock voltage, and 3.75 with a little higher voltage, and I can run Orthos and game just fine, I was able to do this on my Raidmax, and I am currently at 1.336V at 3.60 on the Gamestream, also my Mobo has the V Droop pencil mod.
I also have been getting some possibly GPU related problems recently. I'll sometimes get a black back lit screen after booting up past the BIOS for a few seconds to a few minutes. And my screen will blink black once or twice when I enter a Call of Duty 4 game, but I don't believe it does it in any other game.
Thanks.