Origin (EA Store) 70% off during Player Appreciation Sale

Mike211

[H]ard|Gawd
Origin (formerly EA Store) is offering up to 70% off several video game titles for PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 during its Player Appreciation Sale.
Battlefield 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) for $12.00
• Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) for $29.99
• Crysis 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) for $29.99
• Dead Space 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) $29.99
• Mass Effect 3 (PC) $9.99
• The Walking Dead All 5 Episodes (PC) $10.00

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.origin-deals?sourceid=Origin_AFF_LS315&c=Es5Ekr9eEBk&LSsiteID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-KAt8qXVmoNlGSkCc.tuPWA

wish steam would price match. I dont want to use Origin or anything associated with EA. But alot of good deals IMO.

Origin (EA Store) "We are screw ups, but here's hoping a discount will make up for it" sale.

Something tells me EA is going to point at this and use it as an example of trying to make up for SimCity when they inevitably get sued.

"Trying to meet our end of fiscal year projections Sale" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Something tells me EA is going to point at this and use it as an example of trying to make up for SimCity when they inevitably get sued.

My brother was offered a free game of his choice (pick of 6 different games, only chose one).

Watch this and see how many people go and buy EA products despite SimCity. people are hypocrites

Watch this and see how many people go and buy EA products despite SimCity. people are hypocrites

Nope. Not I. Last EA game I bought at retail was one of the expansions for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (forget which one it was - the African one). I intend to keep it that way. :D

bad time to only have 90 cents in my checking account. would of really liked to pick up mass effect 1 for 6 bucks so i would have all 3 on pc, even tho i already have it on xbox i wouldnt mind playing it again on pc before i play the third one.

yea, seems like a dick move to put a super sale on the games they are going to give away to those of us who bought simcity.

I would love to punch myself in the face. Just bought BF3 premium 2 days ago for 49.99

Only PC gamers would bitch about a 70% off sale. :D

I'm in for a copy of Crysis 3!

354yk6_zps3916e4dd.jpg

Only PC gamers would bitch about a 70% off sale. :D

I'm in for a copy of Crysis 3!

Well technically Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 are only 50% off, if they were both $20 I'd buy them in a heartbeat, I still have plenty of other games to play while waiting for them to drop below $20 :D

I'll buy whatever EA games I want regardless of the SimCity debacle. I won't buy SimCity because of the SimCity debacle.

so ummmmmm, you do know they dont sell any new EA games on steam right? anything newer than like 2 or 3 years ago YOU HAVE TO get from ORIGIN...?? i guess if you want an old sims expansion or battlefield bad company or something you can go steam it....but damn if those are what you want a price match on then you dont have much to worry about....

wish steam would price match. I dont want to use Origin or anything associated with EA. But alot of good deals IMO.

The Secret World is on Steam and published by EA. It was placed on Steam long after EA pulled their other franchises.

I'll buy whatever EA games I want regardless of the SimCity debacle. I won't buy SimCity because of the SimCity debacle.
Where I become a hypocrite here is if it is on Steam. I won't buy any of those games as cheap as they are because they require Origin, and Origin really does suck. Steam isn't as intolerant and extreme.

For the like 3 of us on here who own a Wii U today's release of Need for Speed Most Wanted U is $29.99 as part of this sale on the Origin store.

Where I become a hypocrite here is if it is on Steam. I won't buy any of those games as cheap as they are because they require Origin, and Origin really does suck. Steam isn't as intolerant and extreme.

I've been using Origin for a while now. Not sure how it sucks so bad. I'd say both Steam and Origin support suck. Ever tried getting support from either? Lol. Fun times! I also don't really like that I can't resell games at all anymore. I used to give them away to friends after I got done with them or sell them cheap or trade 'em. Can you do that on either? I just dislike that people keep saying Origin sucks and Steam is the best thing ever when both have issues.

I buy what I want to buy.

This times a million. I'd rather just play games than protest being oppressed by the man or whatever ridiculous cause gamers are up in arms over at the moment.

Last edited:
I've been using Origin for a while now. Not sure how it sucks so bad. I'd say both Steam and Origin support suck. Ever tried getting support from either? Lol. Fun times! I also don't really like that I can't resell games at all anymore. I used to give them away to friends after I got done with them or sell them cheap or trade 'em. Can you do that on either? I just dislike that people keep saying Origin sucks and Steam is the best thing ever when both have issues.

ive never had a reason to contact steam support.

and the only real reason i ever had to contact Origin support was to either attach a game with a cd key to my account which wasnt working with the within client option or to cancel a pre order to take advantage of a new promo going on.

and not once was i dissapointed with origin customer support.

deadspace 2 for free, mass effect 2 for free, now mass effect 3 for free, they also gave away BF1942 for free (i already had it but its nice having it on origin now), fifa soccer 10 free.

at the rate EA gives away free games i dont mind buying one from them once in awhile even if they have rocky launches.

This times a million. I'd rather just play games than protest being oppressed by the man or whatever ridiculous cause gamers are up in arms over at the moment.

I would rather have a choice where to install my games, with or without steam, origin, etc..etc... or with them if their services fit what I need. Steam and Origin both sell games but Steam's services far outweigh what Origin offers which is why I prefer Steam over Origin for having my games consolidated in 1 spot.

I would rather have a choice where to install my games, with or without steam, origin, etc..etc... or with them if their services fit what I need. Steam and Origin both sell games but Steam's services far outweigh what Origin offers which is why I prefer Steam over Origin for having my games consolidated in 1 spot.

you can choose where to install games in origin and pretty sure you can with steam now also.

Really want Crysis 3, and that's a good price, but I will not buy it for this reason.....

In a way, it feels a 'slap in the face' from EA to those of us pre-ordered Simcity,

Ok here is your free game download, but were also going to drop the price on those games for everyone else by 70% also....

Maybe I'm not seeing this clearly, just doesn't seem right, it feels like they had a bad situation, and tried to make up for it to Simcity purchasers, only to turn it into a 'money grab' (and lets try to cut our losses)....

Just my 2 cents...

How is steam any different? I use both regularly. I like steam more because I have more friends on it and it has more features but the DRM in both really isn't any different.

How is steam any different? I use both regularly. I like steam more because I have more friends on it and it has more features but the DRM in both really isn't any different.
If you're "clean", Origin is no different. What I don't like is having two separate systems. On top of that, we've recently seen the kind of behavior EA Games has with origin -- for example, when people did a chargeback, EA Games completely banned and locked people out of their Origin account from ALL the games they had, not just SimCity. Steam on the other hand will prohibit you from making any purchases for at least 6 months, will remove the game in question, and continue to allow you to have access and playability of your other games. Who would you trust with your games? I have a trust issue with EA Games after hearing these reports with increased confidence and trust in Valve and Steam.

I am not one who would perform a chargeback or anything; I am very simple and extremely seldom cause any friction. If I had bought SimCity, I wouldn't have asked for a refund or issue a chargeback. I'd just let time to continue flowing its natural course and ride it out. Mass Effect 3 is a game I would like to get, but the main thing stopping me really is that I don't want to have to install another platform like Steam and run it side-by-side. :(

Steam and Origin both suck. Valve does not give a s.... about support. I have a lengthy thread from their support abut their non existent support. It seems they banned a lot for people for speaking their mind.

In a way, it feels a 'slap in the face' from EA to those of us pre-ordered Simcity,

Haven't you all learned yet? STOP PRE-ORDERING GAMES!!!!!

Let me give you 60 bucks before anyone knows the game is any good or not, and then blame the publisher when it ends up being shit. Great plan guys.

you can choose where to install games in origin and pretty sure you can with steam now also.

Nah what I meant was if I buy a game I can choose what service (origin, Steam, none, etc...) if I want. I could care less if my friends on Steam knew I was playing Skyrim, but if I was hopping on a MP game, i.e. Borderlands, Planetside, BF etc...I'd rather be able to find my friends from the forums or what not so I'd have that installed on Steam or whatever.

Back