OnePlus 6

Looking forward to this. I really liked my 3 but the camera focus thing died I really need a camera for work to scan things quickly so I picked up a used axon 7 but it's been a disappointment

Camera has been the Achilles Heel for OnePlus since the One. I would not buy a OnePlus phone if you are looking for a top tier camera.

Iphone, Pixel or Galaxy is going to be the best camera option.

I'm fine with a "decent" camera which one+ has had since the 3. What happened with mine is that the mechanism in the camera itself that adjusted focus died. I've seen some several images people have taken on the 5T that were pretty damn fantastic when you consider that the phone was several hundred $$$ cheaper.

I'm very interested, but only if they retain a reasonable price. If they jack it up I don't think their slogan will suffice.

My OP3 is easily the second best phone I ever had. Apart from GPS glitches, its damn flawless. My wallet is ready. Just bring the 6.

I am guessing 579$ base and 600$ish for top tier model.

With them touting their "premium" glass back and notched display now, I was going to guess starting at $600 or so and in a few years they won't be any cheaper than other flagship phones.

With them touting their "premium" glass back and notched display now, I was going to guess starting at $600 or so and in a few years they won't be any cheaper than other flagship phones.

No thank you to glass phones. Waste just like "wireless" charging. Oh well.

I think over the next couple years OnePlus will completely shift from the "flagship killer on a budget" business model to the same business model of the other flagship companies now that they've grabbed momentum. They've slowly inched closer and closer to flagship prices that after a couple more years the difference will likely be negligible.

I think over the next couple years OnePlus will completely shift from the "flagship killer on a budget" business model to the same business model of the other flagship companies now that they've grabbed momentum. They've slowly inched closer and closer to flagship prices that after a couple more years the difference will likely be negligible.
If this happens I will switch to Nokia or someone similar. I resfuse to pay 800 or 900$ for a phone.

In my case, I refuse to pay $700+ for a Oneplus. Unless they completely nail the OP6, they're not in that class in any way.

Even if they nail the hardware they still are no where near Google from a security updates, software support/update schedule or after sales support.

Those items alone make the Pixel line more attractive as OnePlus gets closer to the same price.

I still don’t believe OnePlus will come close to the Pixel camera either as they have had issues with the software/processing end of the camera since the OnePlus One with just marginal improvements up and through the 5T.

Even if they nail the hardware they still are no where near Google from a security updates, software support/update schedule or after sales support.
While true it's not like any manufacturer (besides Essential) updates that quickly. If they stay within a month or two of the latest security updates, it's really a non-issue.

With that said, I doubt they'll nail everything or even most things. The camera is certainly going to be a disappointment. I fully expect _no_ OIS _because_ of the video they released. They'd outright say it if they really had it going from their history.

In my case, I refuse to pay $700+ for a Oneplus. Unless they completely nail the OP6, they're not in that class in any way.
I agree. Currently 500$ is my limit which is what I paid for my 5T. BTW 8.1 and April Security patch dropped for non beta users! :)

I agree. Currently 500$ is my limit which is what I paid for my 5T. BTW 8.1 and April Security patch dropped for non beta users! :)

It's almost certain that the 6 will be over $500 as the price has gone up with each phone.

All the talk about glass back, premium feel, all screen is the OnePlus attempt to justify another price increase.

Would like to see them add some water resistance. That's one thing I like that the flagships have. I don't ever purposely get my phone wet, but I appreciate not having to worry about it with my S8.

You better worry about it. I see too many liquid damaged so-called water resistant phones.

It's almost certain that the 6 will be over $500 as the price has gone up with each phone.

All the talk about glass back, premium feel, all screen is the OnePlus attempt to justify another price increase.
Oh I know it will be and sadly my 5T will be my last OP phone.

bah marketing ploy. Wait for real data. Looks like 550$ and 600$ so a small jump if the rumor reported by pocket now is true

Camera needs to be a solid improvement. I don't like the glass back if they are not doing wireless charging..

A glass phone for any reason is stupid, and I have yet to see wireless charging worth a damn. My opinion but ugh. Love my 5T, hope it lasts longer than my S4 did.

Wonder if they will get rid of the quirky slide down to answer calls on the stock dialer.

Today is the day! I'm pretty excited, but very aware of some things I may not like... Really hoping for a sub $700 price tag, hell close to $600 would be ideal!

Watching now. I don't like the gesture navigation or glass body at all. Same things I disliked about the iPhone X. (n)

Sorry, OnePlus. The 5 was my last phone from you.

Pretty much everything expected except "everyday water resistance" instead of IP67. At least OIS made it in this time.

Good price, $579 for the 128GB model.

Last edited:
Meh.... its decent but camera's hardware looks mostly unchanged... Lets see how the software performs now.

Meh.... its decent but camera's hardware looks mostly unchanged... Lets see how the software performs now.
What? The camera hardware was pretty significantly changed. OIS returned with a better sensor that has larger pixels. It remains to be seen if the software lets it down though. Hopefully they won't have a broken camera2 api again so GCam can save the day.

Watching now. I don't like the gesture navigation or glass body at all. Same things I disliked about the iPhone X. (n)

Sorry, OnePlus. The 5 was my last phone from you.

Well the gesture nav is optional and isn't even the default nav method. I don't like glass backs either, but unfortunately most OEMs think this is the only way to get wireless charging now, but it makes less sense for OP to do it and not even have wireless charging still.

https://www.cnet.com/products/oneplus-6/preview/?ftag=CAD-03-10aaj8j

IP67 means I still can't mount the phone to my shower wall and watch youtube while I shower.

I hope that's a joke.. lol. You're spending way too long in the shower if you're watching Youtube in it, hah.

Just way too large for me to consider. Why they had to make it even larger and heavier... Huawei did it right with Honor 10. It weights exactly the same as Honor 8. Measurements are basically the same too (it's tiny bit bit taller, that's it) but they managed to put 3400 mAh battery and headphone jack...

I like everything but the glass back. Curious how the camera performs, that was really my only complaint on the 5T and its not horrible for a quick shooter. Much better than the S4 it replaced and my S5 from work.

I think it looks pretty good, would either be this or the Pixel 2 XL if I went Android.

But I agree that the glass back is a bad idea especially since they're not even including wireless charging which is the reason most phones have a glass back...

I think it looks pretty good, would either be this or the Pixel 2 XL if I went Android.

But I agree that the glass back is a bad idea especially since they're not even including wireless charging which is the reason most phones have a glass back...

Definitely agree, missed opportunity there by not having wireless charging.

Definitely agree, missed opportunity there by not having wireless charging.

They have made curious decisions in the past all in an attempt to keep the cost down.

I will wait this one out to see if they finally figured out the camera this time.

Notch doesn't bug me as I have used the iPhone X since November and it was a non issue within the first few hours of use. Apps are all (or at least all the ones I use) are updated to account for the notch. It may take Android developers a while to update their apps for the notch but I expect they will as most Android phones appear to be going the notch route.

They have made curious decisions in the past all in an attempt to keep the cost down.

I will wait this one out to see if they finally figured out the camera this time.

Notch doesn't bug me as I have used the iPhone X since November and it was a non issue within the first few hours of use. Apps are all (or at least all the ones I use) are updated to account for the notch. It may take Android developers a while to update their apps for the notch but I expect they will as most Android phones appear to be going the notch route.

When I had my Essential phone it had a smaller notch but for the most part the screen just cut off the area below the notch to make it a square screen. Either way it wasn't very distracting.

So who's ordering today? I think I'm going to wait a few weeks for a couple of reviews before I jump

Back