shipwreck-zombies
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2010
- Messages
- 26
I use my machine primarily for multimedia work; illustration, graphic design, web development, and some mellow video / motion. I do also enjoy gaming. I don't get to play as much as I like but it does factor into the machines I build.
I have recently taken over managerial position of a building and emerging community venue and have an opportunity to do some shuffling of equipment while I set up an office. I would greatly appreciate some feedback, as my build represents the last time I had an understanding of current technology:
ABIT IP35 Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
OCZ 4GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTX
Corsair 620W
WD 1TB / 7200RPM / 32MB
Windows 7
2(3) 22" Benq
I have an HIS 5850 that I was using for a bit to take advantage of three monitors, but it was getting a bit stressed so I shelved it for the time being - I am hoping to match the build with this card while keeping an open mind for the future.
Now that I've written it out I'm realizing all I have to start with is a case, gpu, and maybe psu? I would appreciate suggestions on how to build around an HIS 5850 with no real concern with budget other than keeping to an efficient price / performance ratio.
The current machine is going to the office, and I'm building a new work / play setup for myself.
Thank you for your time
I have recently taken over managerial position of a building and emerging community venue and have an opportunity to do some shuffling of equipment while I set up an office. I would greatly appreciate some feedback, as my build represents the last time I had an understanding of current technology:
ABIT IP35 Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
OCZ 4GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTX
Corsair 620W
WD 1TB / 7200RPM / 32MB
Windows 7
2(3) 22" Benq
I have an HIS 5850 that I was using for a bit to take advantage of three monitors, but it was getting a bit stressed so I shelved it for the time being - I am hoping to match the build with this card while keeping an open mind for the future.
Now that I've written it out I'm realizing all I have to start with is a case, gpu, and maybe psu? I would appreciate suggestions on how to build around an HIS 5850 with no real concern with budget other than keeping to an efficient price / performance ratio.
The current machine is going to the office, and I'm building a new work / play setup for myself.
Thank you for your time