Onboard Raid Question

FloppyDrive

Weaksauce
I'm currently using a Rampage Forumla which has a built in ICH9R RAID controller. If my motherboard dies, am I able to transfer the RAID-ed hard drives to a different motherboard with an ICH9R controller? Can I transfer the drives to any controller that uses Intel's Matrix Storage? Or do I lose all my data when I recreate the RAID in the ROM utility?

I would actually like to know this as well. I have a RAID 0 setup on a Highpoint RocketRAID 133 adapter and would like to transfer the drives to a Promise FastTrak 4060 controller. Will my drives need to be rebuilt or will the RAID setup copy over ok?

I'm currently using a Rampage Forumla which has a built in ICH9R RAID controller. If my motherboard dies, am I able to transfer the RAID-ed hard drives to a different motherboard with an ICH9R controller? Can I transfer the drives to any controller that uses Intel's Matrix Storage? Or do I lose all my data when I recreate the RAID in the ROM utility?

You would be fine and you would NOT have to rebuild the array, that would erase the data. You just hook up the drives in another ICH9R board and you are good to go.

I would actually like to know this as well. I have a RAID 0 setup on a Highpoint RocketRAID 133 adapter and would like to transfer the drives to a Promise FastTrak 4060 controller. Will my drives need to be rebuilt or will the RAID setup copy over ok?

You are most likely screwed. Sorry. (well there is a 1% chance the raid configurations are compatible but I highly doubt it, you could ask Highpoint tech support )

yeah, best bet would be to copy the data off the drives and then rebuild a new array on your new controller.

Thanks for the help. I may have to re-think my situation then. Hmm...

Back