Omg I Have The Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekieB

[H]ard|Gawd
If you missed it, Kyle smassed one at quakecon, I have the hard drive, and pix (need to load them) and various smashed parts, including a working hard drive thtat I'm imaging now!!

More to come

DSCN5759.JPG

DSCN5756.JPG

DSCN5758.JPG

Ah i c. You guys are very lucky...I am planning on going next year..hopefully ...looks like a grand old time...

gaming..

free stuff..

dancing.

And Kyle told me he wasn't going to be giving it away at the Workshop. :D

TekieB said:
ilownedsmall.jpg

not sure who's sandwitch that is
Ahahaha, nice picture by the way. I'm sure it was quite a sight. The insides appear to be much less impressive though. Gotta love the [H]ard style. This is on the frontpage as well.

Sry for the blurriness, it's an iffy camera. But the insides were lame, but the back pannel is going on my wall when i get home :D. Another guy has the case and mobo, all it was was a p4, 512 ram, and a 5600.

Kyle said an article was in store soon

Agreed. It seems like a normal ATX motherboard with some extra ASICs for that crap like component out and all. And wasn't the Phantom supposed to have an Athlon XP and a nForce motherboard. Those shitheads at Infinum, lying as always.

TekieB said:
Sry for the blurriness, it's an iffy camera. But the insides were lame, but the back pannel is going on my wall when i get home :D. Another guy has the case and mobo, all it was was a p4, 512 ram, and a 5600.

Kyle said an article was in store soon
Heh, good enough. Can [H]ardly wait for the article.:p

Finsta said:
Agreed. It seems like a normal ATX motherboard with some extra ASICs for that crap like component out and all. And wasn't the Phantom supposed to have an Athlon XP and a nForce motherboard. Those shitheads at Infinum, lying as always.

That was a Gen 1 Prototype that Kyle smashed up. I think the Gen 2's are Athlon XP's and a GeForce 5700. Not that it matters, because we have yet to see it for sale, anyway.

Maybe we should start a donation fund so that Kyle can buy another one.
tongue.gif
I'm sure it hurts to accidentally break such a precious gaming system, I mean we would hate to see it happen again.
tongue.gif

Tim said:
That was a Gen 1 Prototype that Kyle smashed up. I think the Gen 2's are Athlon XP's and a GeForce 5700. Not that it matters, because we have yet to see it for sale, anyway.
Agreed,
I think it'll never come out. Kyle is Infinum's fear. :p

I want to know what was on its hd. But I guess this means the Phantom is no longer a phantom just a pos console that noone will ever buy IF it ever makes it to market.

seems like the phantom is just a sff pc with proprietary software to load/manage games.. what a rip

Well Mr. Tim Roberts...our pc repair lab called....and DUDE.....Looks like your getting a Dell.....

LMFAO...........

That was obvious, just the difference is that it has some extra crap on the motherboard and is a fullsized ATX mobo with ports removed.

Hey I hope the RAM got saved. I applaud the smashing and all but a 512MB stick isn't something to just smash, its not its fault it got put into a Phantom.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thats great. Hey Kyle how did you get that thing anyway?

mikel said:
But I guess this means the Phantom is no longer a phantom just a pos console that noone will ever buy IF it ever makes it to market.
It never was anything else, just an expensive piece-o-crap computer wich plays kiddy games on low res TV screens.

mikel said:
I want to know what was on its hd. But I guess this means the Phantom is no longer a phantom just a pos console that noone will ever buy IF it ever makes it to market.

It looked like XP embeded, I need more time to play with it though.

These are the specs so far (that I could get by lookin at it):

intel matx board(will look at chipset in a bit), p4 (nor sure speed)
512mb Kingston Ram
Nvidia gf5600 ultra
120gb WD hdd
Linksys nic
shit load of cables and adaptors.

That is all for now

if/when you manage to image the hard drive, i would love if you would upload it to me. PM me when done, thanks.

Kyle you're my hero ! This is gotta be one of the ballsiest thing done by a member of the oc community. Actions do speak louder than words ,though I think that poor Phantom won't be making any comments in the near future :eek:

Lol was a fitting end to such a troublesome POS. Was great to watch him heft the hammer and smash that thing twice in a row then chuck the faceplate out into the crowed lol. Good times.

Update: It's an 865nb and a sl73z????? (not an intel guy) sb. and had a 1 rack unit PSU, and some vantec stealth fans

and oh yeah, half the back ports went NOWHERE, the s-vid and composite both went to the same place, the svid of the 5600, the audio was hooked up, and so was the cat 5.

Ultima99 said:
Hey I hope the RAM got saved. I applaud the smashing and all but a 512MB stick isn't something to just smash, its not its fault it got put into a Phantom.

.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back