OLED Eye Fatigue

Extreme simplification. Its not quite as binary as digital displays
All are based on analogue technology.
You should explain what you meant for it to have value, so far you've given nothing.

All are based on analogue technology.
You should explain what you meant for it to have value, so far you've given nothing.
It's simple. They don't flicker, but scan. I'm not here to give a breakdown on how CRTs work. They have literally nothing in common with LCD led or any other panel type display.
They aren't based on analog tech, they are analog. In the very specific definition of the word.

It's simple. They don't flicker, but scan. I'm not here to give a breakdown on how CRTs work. They have literally nothing in common with LCD led or any other panel type display.
They aren't based on analog tech, they are analog. In the very specific definition of the word.
lol, so analog equipment are not based on analogue tech, got it :)

You made a very specific statement that flies directly in the face of the experience they give, an explanation is required.
Your answer does not address the issue sensibly.

In reality the screen updates using a single scanning electron beam for the whole screen.
At low enough refresh rate the pixels will fade substantially before the beam returns to update them.
This causes an on screen flicker in brightness between frames that is easily noticed.

The definition of flicker
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/flicker
It does not mean a complete loss of light, the first definition says:
If a light or flame flickers, it shines unsteadily
This is a fair description of what we see.
CRTs do flicker, both physically and to the human eye/brain at low enough refresh rate.

I've used the LG CX 48" OLED TV as my main desktop monitor for two years without experiencing eye fatigue. But these are very personal things. I would expect CRTs to be more likely to cause eye fatigue because they are not as pin sharp as LCDs. For me CRTs are fine as long as the refresh rate is above 60 Hz.

For me any motion sickness is caused largely by how a particular game moves. Half-Life 2 for example does it for me, some VR games too.

Back