OK...What would you do if ...

What would you do if you RMA'd one video card and got 2 video cards back in return?

• Send the extra video card back to the manufacturer

Votes: 39 21.3%
  • Keep the extra card in case the other card breaks again

Votes: 125 68.3%
  • Send both cards back to the manufacturer and warn them not to screw up again

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Give both cards to Kyle so he never bans you

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
What would you do if you RMA'd one video card and the company sends you back 2 video cards ....?

[F]old|[H]ard

tough, tough choice. I'd like to say I would return one but I'm not sure honestly.

Arcygenical said:
Test that they both work...
that should definately be on the top of ..**cough** ..uh ..that persons list

..yeah ..my ..uh ..friends list that is ..

General Crespin said:
Email them and ask why they sent you two. Don't abuse your karma. ;)

I generally agree with what your saying but it's not his fault the company made a mistake.

I know, I'm not accusing him of anything. :)

EDIT: Actually, what if he RMAed a 7950 GX2 and they sent him back two 7900 GTXs instead? :D

This is a hard choice. If it was me, I'd keep both cards unless they asked me about it then I'd send it back, otherwise...tough cookies dual video card setup time! :D

Happened to me when I had to RMA my 36GB raptors...they sent me back three brand new ones...they contacted me a few days after I recieved it in the mail saying they knew they sent me three but they said I could keep it anyway. I wish I could find the email...

General Crespin said:
I know, I'm not accusing him of anything. :)

EDIT: Actually, what if he RMAed a 7950 GX2 and they sent him back two 7900 GTXs instead? :D

Good point! :D

I'm not even going to use the panzy ass excuse "in case the first card breaks again". I would keep both cards and consider it a bonus. It's their fault they sent you two cards not yours, and I wouldn't feel a damn bit guilty about it either since I already had to deal with the hassle of one card dying on me.

Keep the damn cards and enjoy 'em.

a 7900GTX got sent in and 2 7900GTX'rs got sent back

[F]old|[H]ard

ThreeDee said:
a 7900GTX got sent it and 2 7900GTX'rs got sent back

[F]old|[H]ard

Like it was said earlier, do they both work?

techie81 said:
Like it was said earlier, do they both work?
dono ..just got home and they were sitting in my ...errr ..**cough** ..uh ..my friends computer chair
:p

[F]old|[H]ard

Just do the right thing and email/ring up the manufacturer and tell them what happened.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
You smell that? *sniff* thats the smell of extreme high res gaming.

Dooooo it.

FTW, it's their mistake - keep them and enjoy them. I hope they both work ;)

Just tell them what happened. Most likely, they will just tell you to keep it since it would cost them more to restock it.

If they both work, then just keep it. They will either tell you to keep it or treat you like some kind of criminal and ask YOU to ship it back, yeah right. It's some 6 year old chinese slave's retarded mistake, let it slide.

keep it! this won't hurt your karma if you believe in that stuff since this isn't stealing, this is a mistake made by a large corporation, i'm sure they can absorb the hit.

Even if you do send it back that probably won't be able to re-sell it as retail. Even if they could, the hassle probably wouldn't be worth it to them.

Apoxi said:
keep it! this won't hurt your karma if you believe in that stuff since this isn't stealing, this is a mistake made by a large corporation, i'm sure they can absorb the hit.

its a matter of doing the right thing not whether its a big company or not because it all comes back to the consumer. If the company is forced to absorb the cost of 'missing' 7900GTX's what's the first thing they're going to do? ANSWER: *bing* *bing* *bing* raise the prices so you'll end up paying more.

InorganicMatter said:
Just tell them what happened. Most likely, they will just tell you to keep it since it would cost them more to restock it.
I agree. Worst case is they pay to have it shipped back, best case you keep the card.

If you had to ask the question, you already know what you should do.

Devnull said:
If they both work, then just keep it. They will either tell you to keep it or treat you like some kind of criminal and ask YOU to ship it back, yeah right. It's some 6 year old chinese slave's retarded mistake, let it slide.
how could it possibly be a six year old chinese slaves mistake? i doubt they use cheap labor in that way

Call the manufacturer, and ask why they did it.

Then make a big fuss about it, and if they A let you keep the cards... bitch about how your motherboard ISN'T sli capable, and see what freebies they give you for your trouble*

B. if they make you send one back, don't?

* Yeah, that's right. I said it. Fuck Karma. I dont believe in that BS, I've been a good person all my life, and got expelled from a science class yesterday because some asshole ripped off my essay.

General Crespin said:
Email them and ask why they sent you two. Don't abuse your karma. ;)

Seems to me that Karma would be rewarding him in this case.

tisb0b said:
its a matter of doing the right thing not whether its a big company or not because it all comes back to the consumer. If the company is forced to absorb the cost of 'missing' 7900GTX's what's the first thing they're going to do? ANSWER: *bing* *bing* *bing* raise the prices so you'll end up paying more.
ur asking what u should do meaning some part of u knows its wrong to keep the card.

Apoxi said:
always someone lower on the foodchain. with ur reasoning a poorer person always has the right to steal from a more wealthy person due to them being able to "absorb the hit" stealing is obtaining property that isnt yours when you know you shouldnt have it. he didnt steal the card outright but if he keeps it, he is tantamount to it. the moment he started wondering what he should do is the moment he shouldve sent the card back. at the very least ask them if he can keep the card.

Mark_Warner said:
Seems to me that Karma would be rewarding him in this case.
lol ...or perhaps tis a test ....?

..being the upright and outstanding citizen that I am ..(yeah right :p ) .. I am going to call eVga Monday and tell them of their mistake and go from there . Even tho it is their mistake , it just wouldn't sit right with me taking something that really isn't mine (I'm sure I would get over my grief fairly quickly tho if I were to just keep it without saying anything :D ).... but alas , I cannot. :)

[F]old|[H]ard

Just out of curiosity. When they were delivered to you, did they come together in one box or two seperate boxes. ;) :p

ThreeDee said:
lol ...or perhaps tis a test ....?

..being the upright and outstanding citizen that I am ..(yeah right :p ) .. I am going to call eVga Monday and tell them of their mistake and go from there . Even tho it is their mistake , it just wouldn't sit right with me taking something that really isn't mine (I'm sure I would get over my grief fairly quickly tho if I were to just keep it without saying anything :D ).... but alas , I cannot. :)

[F]old|[H]ard
wow lots of respect to you man i wasnt expecting that you surprised me

tisb0b said:

Eh, it's cool... 250$ over the spread of at least 10 000 customers...

sparkie34 said:
Just out of curiosity. When they were delivered to you, did they come together in one box or two seperate boxes. ;) :p
2 separate boxes ..

[F]old|[H]ard

Back