Official PS5 Thread

Am I the only one who thinks The Ascent may be the prettiest game they've ever seen?
Looks the same on my series S. Tried playing it, was just too tedious, although i'd probably like it better on a PS5 controller.

Looks the same on my series S. Tried playing it, was just too tedious, although i'd probably like it better on a PS5 controller.
Yeah the haptics and resistant triggers add something to the game. I played it originally on Game Pass on my Series X, but for some reason am enjoying it more on PS5.

Yeah the haptics and resistant triggers add something to the game. I played it originally on Game Pass on my Series X, but for some reason am enjoying it more on PS5.
I turn resistance off, hurts my hands. The xbox controller though feels very cheap and imprecise. Has giant dead zones, the buttons are mushy. It feels like something from ps2 era, i guess they want you to pay up for the expensive elite controllers.

The Gamepass PC version looks neat, but it has major performance issues that I could never fix. At least not without using an older DX version and turning all of the eye candy off. In some cases, even that didn't do it.

Sony is working on an official new PlayStation 5 "Pro" controller and it has some awesome features

Sony is working on a “genuine professional controller” for the PlayStation 5 and the company will reveal new hardware in the coming weeks, sources have claimed

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style but show a few key differences...one of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks and their components; which Sony refers to as “removable stick units”...this presumably means you’ll just be able to be a stick unit, rather than a new controller if it develops “stick drift” (where your analog stick drifts one direction without moving)

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers...the prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable...

https://tryhardguides.com/official-playstation-5-pro-controllers-coming-soon-hardware-details/

Sony is working on an official new PlayStation 5 "Pro" controller and it has some awesome features

Sony is working on a “genuine professional controller” for the PlayStation 5 and the company will reveal new hardware in the coming weeks, sources have claimed

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style but show a few key differences...one of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks and their components; which Sony refers to as “removable stick units”...this presumably means you’ll just be able to be a stick unit, rather than a new controller if it develops “stick drift” (where your analog stick drifts one direction without moving)

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers...the prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable...

https://tryhardguides.com/official-playstation-5-pro-controllers-coming-soon-hardware-details/
They are going to be expensive. $150 minimal.

I never really have cared for the the whole "paddle" thing and found myself hitting them by accident when using them. I generally like the stock PS5 and Xbox controllers as-is. IMO the best way to deal with stick drift (or broken bumpers/buttons) is to rock the Best Buy protection plan. I just keep returning controllers every time they have an issue. In my case, that's usually a busted bumper, which even the "Pro" controllers can get. It doesn't matter if the issue isn't even real - BB will swap 'em with no questions asked.

Worthless unless offset sticks are an option.
I never really have cared for the the whole "paddle" thing and found myself hitting them by accident when using them. I generally like the stock PS5 and Xbox controllers as-is. IMO the best way to deal with stick drift (or broken bumpers/buttons) is to rock the Best Buy protection plan. I just keep returning controllers every time they have an issue. In my case, that's usually a busted bumper, which even the "Pro" controllers can get. It doesn't matter if the issue isn't even real - BB will swap 'em with no questions asked.
The idea is so you never need to take your thumb off the right joystick, and the paddles are amazing in that way. The paddles on the Elite Series 2 elevates the experience especially in a game like Elden Ring. In something like Dying Light where you need to scavenge resources it is a relief not having to move your thumb back and force between the stick and the 'X' button.

The Western Digital SN850 was officially licensed for PlayStation. It is currently $20 more expensive than the non-licensed version 🤡.

https://nitter.net/wd_black/status/1546524772158226440
1657638162174.png

1657638221222.png

If someone here got the PS5 1440p beta code for NA/US can you please share or PM me? The code is valid for 5 uses so shouldn't affect you, eager to try on my AW3423DW, thanks!!

Why on earth would you want to run a PS5 at low resolution?
Because it’s a fairly standard monitor resolution and it’s better to scale directly on the PS5 rather than rely on the monitor to handle it, if it even accepts a 4K input. Otherwise you would be upscaling 1080p.

Because it’s a fairly standard monitor resolution and it’s better to scale directly on the PS5 rather than rely on the monitor to handle it, if it even accepts a 4K input. Otherwise you would be upscaling 1080p.
Because my AW3423DW at 1440p >> my G70A at 4k, for the true HDR alone. 1440P 120 Hz HDR works with this update on the AW, can we also add UW and just call it a day Sony? Or call the PS5 a 3700/6700 PC (what it really is, unlock the bootloader and firmware and this thing will run Windows like a champ lol).

You think it would be worth it to buy a PS5 for Ghost of Tushima and Demon Souls.
The only two games I really want might be another 1-2 years if they come to the PC.

You think it would be worth it to buy a PS5 for Ghost of Tushima and Demon Souls.
The only two games I really want might be another 1-2 years if they come to the PC.

As someone who has been forced to suffer through countless iterations of Nintendo hardware for 1-2 games, the answer is NO. Don't be an idiot like me.

lol Thanks amazing that people are scalping these like crazy yet for 699.00 on ebay for the disk version.
I mean people scalped 1-2K of them making a 200.00+ profit on each.

At this point I would assume nearly everything from Sony will come to PC eventually. Maybe not Demon Souls but I would expect Ghost to be on PC.

At this point I would assume nearly everything from Sony will come to PC eventually. Maybe not Demon Souls but I would expect Ghost to be on PC.
I think Ghosts of Tsushima was one of the games on the leaked GeForce Now list.

PlayStation 5 1440p Support Tested! Good For PC Monitors, Better 120Hz For HDMI 2.0 TVs?

Nice. Can't wait for official to drop, or me to get a beta email. I play on 34" Alienware curved(3x) because its my PC setup also. Super stoked for this update.

PSN = forsaken

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Found a link on Nowinstock they have them in stock at Sams Club but you need a membership and system costs 730.00 but comes with two controller and 100.00 PS cash.

Signed up for the Amazon one with the invitation but not sure if I'll get lucky the waiting list might be longer than EVGAs e-newts thread.

Keep an eye on BB and GameStop. They've been getting local store stock but the only way to get it is to select local pick up and purchase it online. We got lucky and checked BB on a Saturday at around 10am and they were for sale local pick up only at my closest BB. Friend got one off Gamestop but they force you to buy their inhouse club BS an extra controller, a game, and a $75 gift card. He was going to do all of that except the gift card but ended up using the card to get another game.

I've been looking for a 4th controller. Been wanting the red and black controller for a while, but it's out of stock most of the time. If this is $150 or less, I'll prolly bite on it.

Who knows anymore? They might not even release a pro this round with all the difficulties they been having. No price hike in the US btw.
Yeah at this point, I don't expect a Pro, or if there is it will be much later in the PS5's lifecycle relative to the PS4's Pro. So maybe 2025 or something.

Ate the disk versions of the games worth it or does it require you to re-download the entire game?

Pretty nice update this month, including 1440p support that was in the beta previously.

I still have no idea what the point of activities is. I've mindlessly activated them and completed some during my playtime and I got nothing. Not even a notification.

I still have no idea what the point of activities is. I've mindlessly activated them and completed some during my playtime and I got nothing. Not even a notification.
I assumed they correlated with trophy or mission activities in the game. I never messed with them either really.

These disks are BS like a 10 gig update even after it loads the SSD.
Took me like a hour and half to setup.

Back