Official Overwatch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 245375
  • Start date
I'm talking about auto-aim ultimate abilities, which really aren't about the game being on PC or console and more about having a powerful ability. I'd prefer that those abilities be skill based (i.e. a quad damage power-up still requires you to aim and hit other players).

Blizzard already removed auto-aim options from the rest of the game (i.e. the stuff you normally see implemented for console controllers) so I'm not worried about that.

Learn the sound effects for the ultimate abilities. For example, when I hear the "It's High Noon" track play, I immediately hide behind the closest wall. Works well unless you're caught in the open when they trigger the ability.

Learn the sound effects for the ultimate abilities. For example, when I hear the "It's High Noon" track play, I immediately hide behind the closest wall. Works well unless you're caught in the open when they trigger the ability.

Well yeah but that's not the point I was making. Any ultra-powerful ability should have some sort of cue to allow the opposing players to react: for instance, in TF2 you can hear the Medic shout out "I am fully charged!" when he's ready to uber and something along the lines of "Let's go get zem!" when he actually does activate his ubercharge...but even then the player he's healing needs to aim and earn all the kills and destruction.

I just don't see the rationale for giving players free kills in an environment where it is very possible to design everything around skill. A player that "wastes" their ult by having shitty aim should be punished, and those with good aim rewarded. There are some ults that allow opposing players time to react (i.e. Junkrat's tire can be shot before it reaches you) and there are others that simply kill all the players on the screen, which IMO should be redesigned.

Can't wait until open beta in a few weeks. I think it's May 3-9th if you pre-ordered. 5-9th if you didn't.

Been in the alpha/beta for a while now. I love when people see that you're low level (after the latest patches I have barely played)... and think they will automatically lose. Guess what? Top player of the game every match at level 6, when playing with level 50+.

Been in the alpha/beta for a while now. I love when people see that you're low level (after the latest patches I have barely played)... and think they will automatically lose. Guess what? Top player of the game every match at level 6, when playing with level 50+.

Wish I had closed beta access. Every time the stress test weekend ends I go into a gaming funk and nothing else appeals to me.

Wish I had closed beta access. Every time the stress test weekend ends I go into a gaming funk and nothing else appeals to me.

This happened to me as well after the most recent stress test weekend, haha! The insane amount of fun I had with a few long-time TF2/gaming buddies convinced me to pre-order and get those extra days of open beta. I put together a short frag vid from some ShadowPlay clips I'd snagged for shits 'n' giggles:

Not a fan of the childish skins. Much preferred the look and feel of the V1 beta.

This happened to me as well after the most recent stress test weekend, haha! The insane amount of fun I had with a few long-time TF2/gaming buddies convinced me to pre-order and get those extra days of open beta. I put together a short frag vid from some ShadowPlay clips I'd snagged for shits 'n' giggles:

WTF that character you are playing looks ridiculously overpowered... how does he not blow himself up with those grenades going off so close???

WTF that character you are playing looks ridiculously overpowered... how does he not blow himself up with those grenades going off so close???

I believe he does about 25ish self-damage when hitting enemies in close quarters, which is a trade off for having high damage; if someone's in your face taking your health down, it's pretty easy to kill yourself. His main weapon is also more challenging to shoot than most (arcing projectile), which is why the damage on direct hits is high.

Is the top player count still only 6v6??

Either way, I can't see myself not buying this game.

A Blizzard TF2/Class-based FPS? Soldddddddddd.

Looks like pre-loads are open now for the open beta? I was able to install Overwatch today despite never having gotten into any of the previous betas/tests.

I was able to download but it wouldn’t let me play so waste of bandwidth

It might be like me where I just got notified I was invited to the stress test weekend which already came and went. I got excited and downloaded the game only to then see the date of the stress test.

Had alot of fun during stress tests.

If anyone wants early open beta access starting later today - friend Beta Key: claimed

pls post if you used it

Last edited:
This game any good? When is the open beta for people who didn't pre-order?

It's basically an updated Team Fortress with more character classes and all the Blizzard "accessibility."

Open beta is May 5-9, I believe it starts 12:00 BST so it's actually May 4 at 19:00 for the east coast.

(Actually, why didn't they use UDT?)

Had alot of fun during stress tests.

If anyone wants early open beta access starting later today - friend Beta Key: 9060891180292607888768777

pls post if you used it

I activated the key. Thanks for the generosity.

if anyone else has an extra open beta early access key they won't be using, i would greatly appreciate it :)

People who say "OW is basically TF2" make me laugh. Clearly they haven't played TF2 in it's modern state.

TF2 is a casual 12 on 12 dancing simulator were children run around tickling each other, spamming meme binds and vote kicking the "tryhards" who dare to shoot at them.

Overwatch is a fast-paced, 6 on 6 competitive class-based shooter.

Just got done preloading and sent my extra key off to a friend. Hopefully the open beta starts at midnight tonight!

wish I had early access lol, Can't decide if I want it on PC or PS4 and dont want to pre-order it just for a 2 day beta access.

wish I had early access lol, Can't decide if I want it on PC or PS4 and dont want to pre-order it just for a 2 day beta access.
Unfortunately they stopped giving codes out with preorder on the 28th, at least for PC. So no worries there.

If anyone has a spare beta key, I will GLADLY take it! :)

(been a [H] member for many years)

Loving Junkrat and Pharah so far. I never liked sticky bombs in TF2 so Junkrat's abilities are perfect for my playstyle and flying around as Pharah is tons of fun.

I need to learn the audio and visual cues for the various character's ults. So many times I waltzed right into death due to not hearing or seeing an incoming ultimate attack. The game seems pretty busy to me, visually. So things get lost in the clutter.

I need to learn the audio and visual cues for the various character's ults. So many times I waltzed right into death due to not hearing or seeing an incoming ultimate attack. The game seems pretty busy to me, visually. So things get lost in the clutter.

Pro tip: if you hear a character say something in their native language, it is from the other team. If it's in English it's from your team. There are a few exceptions like Tracer, Reaper, and Soldier 76 (they natively speak English).

I really wanted to enjoy this, but I just don't. I don't know what it is but I just can't get into it at all.

Here's an extra beta access key if someone wants it: 9964000527264055180081653

Sorry it's a day late... i had to email bby for the key. Just post if you've used it!

Enjoy!

I am pleasantly surprised! 144hz support with gsync is beautiful. Good map design based on what I've seen so far. Game is just fun, blizzard knocked it out of the park imo.

This is about 10 minutes after I got the beta yesterday and grouped up with some guys I know:

Thanks for posting this!! Game looks beautiful, what graphics engine is it using??

Wish I could have gotten into a beta for this, I'll definitely be buying it.

Back