Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg shuffle was weird today. I've been periodically checking it all day, including the time it was supposedly running this morning. I am signed up for notifications (text and email) for shuffle events. I was never able to pick any items (tried on laptop and smartphone) any of times I checked. Every page refresh said this shuffle has ended. (checked before, after and during the supposed time it was live).

Earlier this afternoon, I checked again, and it said the shuffle ended this morning, and it had a bunch of items on it I'd never seen. Too bad, as it had several nvidia cards this time. Oh well. Would've likely been just another rejection anyways. Anyone else not even see it today?
Willey sees it....Willey don't care.

Newegg shuffle was weird today. I've been periodically checking it all day, including the time it was supposedly running this morning. I am signed up for notifications (text and email) for shuffle events. I was never able to pick any items (tried on laptop and smartphone) any of times I checked. Every page refresh said this shuffle has ended. (checked before, after and during the supposed time it was live).

Earlier this afternoon, I checked again, and it said the shuffle ended this morning, and it had a bunch of items on it I'd never seen. Too bad, as it had several nvidia cards this time. Oh well. Would've likely been just another rejection anyways. Anyone else not even see it today?
I think it was bugged, because it showed all morning and most of the day----that the last shuffle was yesterday. I just thought there wasn't a shuffle today for some reason. But now it indeed shows that there was.

I checked several times up until 1 pm or so, then just assumed it didn't happen. I never got a text notification.

Quite a few of pre-owned 3080 FE cards on Ebay, but prices are still ridiculous. Are miners beginning the sell off?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=3080+founders+edition&_sacat=0&_sop=15

IIRC reading somewhere that a lot of smaller scale miners typically flip their cards after ~6 months so they're always mining on the newest available hardware. Could be that's what we're seeing with cards bought around release day; assuming they're able to sell those cards for what they're asking getting new cards from other scalpers would be relatively low net cost.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IIRC reading somewhere that a lot of smaller scale miners typically flip their cards after ~6 months so they're always mining on the newest available hardware. Could be that's what we're seeing with cards bought around release day; assuming they're able to sell those cards for what they're asking getting new cards from other scalpers would be relatively low net cost.
If crypto keeps crashing there might be more bailing and trying to cash in on the current record high GPU prices. Even Vitalik Buterin in an interview had to admit the (most recent) bubble may have just burst. Time will tell as it may just be a correction as it has climbed in value (especially Ethereum) far too quickly.

What changes in 6 months?

From the omen 3060 ti cards being scalped on eBay they look like an oem variety with a dual fan very similar to the 3060 cards out there, not the FE type heatsinks.
They're 100% NOT FE cards, they're an OEM.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$810 for the heatsink, fan and box only... still being bid up. Hopefully by bots so that the "winner" doesn't realize he's not getting a graphics card.
Even if I was a professional GPU rebuilder I wouldn't bid more than $75
For parts only might mean its a lost cause entirely

I'm officially done with this game for now. Will probably still enter the shuffle, but no worries if I don't get picked. Finally have last piece of my build, no scalpers got a dime from me though this was still a hell of a lot more expensive than I wanted my gpu upgrade to be:
0524211354_HDR1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back