Official nVidia 1080 Ti in stock thread

Sigh, I can't wait another month. Just ordered the EVGA FE with 2 day shipping, (thanks Lateralus!)

I can deal with the acoustics until mid-April, when I will most likely sell it for the MSI Gaming X. Or just go back to a custom loop. Do I void warranty with EVGA if I remove the stock heat sink?

Sigh, I can't wait another month. Just ordered the EVGA FE with 2 day shipping, (thanks Lateralus!)

I can deal with the acoustics until mid-April, when I will most likely sell it for the MSI Gaming X. Or just go back to a custom loop. Do I void warranty with EVGA if I remove the stock heat sink?

Cool! Mine arrived today, so let the noise assessment begin!

IMG_3993.JPG

From what I read on AnandTech, this should be slightly quieter than a reference 980 Ti, unless I was misinterpreting the information. If that's the case, I'll be just fine.

ZOTAC now in stock at Newegg

EVGA now in stock at Best Buy

WHAT'S GOING ONNNNNNNNN

qiev6.jpg

Just picked one up at Bestbuy.com but im pretty sure its back ordered as ETA is 4/3.

Do I void warranty with EVGA if I remove the stock heat sink?

The last word I had was it will not void the warranty.
Also, remember they are sending out heat pads to customers with 1070/1080 cards; which requires removal to do so.

The best way to find out for sure is to contact EVGA tech support.

Can anyone who ordered their Ti's from bestbuy confirm that you do get your free game code. TiA

Just played some GTA 5 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood on my card at 4K. Holy smoothballs, Batman. Yeah, I'm VERY pleased with the performance so far. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to play longer and give her a real workout to see how loud/hot she gets.

Yep, I signed up for the alerts this weekend and that's how I ended up purchasing one from nVidia earlier. :)

But I thought a thread here couldn't hurt. If you want INSTANT notifications, nowinstock.net is the way to go.

Anything other than instant notification is completely useless due to how fast the stock dries up.

Anything other than instant notification is completely useless due to how fast the stock dries up.

I've seen them stay in stock for the better part of half an hour, maybe more. That's enough time for someone on here to see this thread bumped to the top. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure at least one person scored.

Just trying to have a little bit of fun with the launch. But if you really want, I'll lock this useless thread, wish everyone the best of luck, and not try to be helpful again in the future.

Last edited:
In stock at NVIDIA Store

PNY in stock at Best Buy

But they'll probably sell out before anyone sees this.

Do we still get the free game code if we buy from bestbuy? Please someone confirm so i can sleep tonight? lol

My 1080ti doesn't do well on Rise of the tomb raider at 2560x1440. With everything maxed out, I sometimes hit 70fps but am usually in the 40's. Benchmark sites are reporting 80+ on average.

say whaaaaat? I am rocking 100+ fps with my 1080 OC'ed to around 2ghz average. Something is seriously up, but I do use vsync to smooth things out. But running the bench with it disabled I get higher fps then you on same resolution screen.

Only reason I didn't get a ti is It wouldn't have made a difference for me at 1440p as almost all my games were 60+ frames with 1080 on stock speeds.

Gigabyte 1080 Ti + EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 850W power supply in stock at B&H for $819.88

Link

Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, and MSI + 850W PSU combos available at B&H

PNY, made in NJ and 3 year warranty. Might start picking up their cards in the future....

PNY, made in NJ and 3 year warranty. Might start picking up their cards in the future....

I've had several PNY cards in the past but their rep seems to be on the low end so I've avoided them for a long time. But this is interesting to know.

I haven't owned a PNY card since the nVidia 6800 GT. Picked one up used either from here or AnandTech back in 2004 to use for HL2, Doom 3, and Chronicles of Riddick. It died shortly after and they would not honor the warranty because I couldn't provide proof of purchase. I was left with a $400 paperweight. I asked them what would happen if I had received it as a Christmas gift and didn't have the receipt. They basically told me too bad, I'd be out of luck. They lost me as a customer as a result.

Maybe they've improved but I'm holding a 13 year old grudge and their competitors have benefited.

I haven't owned a PNY card since the nVidia 6800 GT. Picked one up used either from here or AnandTech back in 2004 to use for HL2, Doom 3, and Chronicles of Riddick. It died shortly after and they would not honor the warranty because I couldn't provide proof of purchase. I was left with a $400 paperweight. I asked them what would happen if I had received it as a Christmas gift and didn't have the receipt. They basically told me too bad, I'd be out of luck. They lost me as a customer as a result.

Maybe they've improved but I'm holding a 13 year old grudge and their competitors have benefited.

They were not at the top of my list but they were above Zotac. My understanding is that the FE cards are made to the same spec but who knows. At least by buying it direct I should be able to avoid a lot of proof of purchase / warranty shens.

The MSI card order from Newegg didn't go through for some reason - they said it was my card. I'm wondering if the bank saw me buying two $700 cards about 2 minutes apart and threw a flag on the play.

It's fine for now - I've been pulling my hair out trying to decide if I want to go SLI+ 1440P surround or Single card 3440 G-sync with a ITX build. Buying the second card would have made that decision and I'm not quite ready to decide.

I would stay far away from PNY since better options like evga, msi, asus and gigabyte exist. The ONLY time I buy anything PNY is memory from Best Buy if I'm in a pinch and dont feel like driving to Central Computers.

GeForce GTX 1080 TI ARMOR 11G OC @ Newegg $709.99
first custom cooling card I have seen.

Yes @ Only
  • $999.99

Try again. I don't post that bullshit. If I post stock FE cards, they're at $699. If you're seeing a higher price then it's because they have already gone OOS or you're looking at a card from another seller that's been marked up.

EVGA (in stock now for $699): Link
MSI Armor (in stock now for $709): Link

The Egg must have got a large shipment or demand is dropping off. Longest I've seen in stock. Could have even bought the Armor. Thanks OP!

Back