Official nVidia 1080 Ti in stock thread

I managed to cancel with PNY and order an MSI from Newegg.

Then Newegg emails me and tells me that the free game is OOS and won't be replaced.

They say the backordered value will be deducted from the cost of the order which is curious because they charge you $59 for the game and then take that off the price of the card.

I would be ok with that, but something tells me the price of the game is going to plummet suddenly and I'm still paying full price for the card - minus the Farcry game which actually looked pretty cool.

Trying not to buy the arrrrrmoor noooooooooo! I think I can do it. Playing mostly console games right now. Waiting for monitors. It was a close call. I imagine I can get a slightly more desirable one in my timeframe like the Gaming version. That would have definitely been mine if I had just a little more need atm.

Looks like MSI and EVGA were restocked while I was driving home but sold out before I could post.

Only ones available ATM are 4 different cards with the 850W PSU bundle from B&H and the MSI Armor at Newegg. I can't believe that one is still in stock!!

Got an email from nowinstock.net: they are expecting more AIB cards in the next couple of business days. :)

EVGA in stock at Amazon for $699.99

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Limited to one per customer. I've got one on order, just need a second one now for SLI to replace these 1080's with.

I was able to grab one. I wasn't expecting the $54.24 in taxes but that's Kalifornia's 7.75% sales tax at work.

Gigglebyte in stock at Newegg

Link

Asus and EVGA 1080 Ti / 850W PSU bundles are now sold out at B&H. MSI and Zotac combos still available.

Maybe we'll start seeing some custom cards tomorrow. At least EVGA said preorders will be up tomorrow for sure.

EVGA custom cards are available for pre-order right now. Site is getting hammered but I managed to reserve a FTW3.

They're flowing in today!

Asus in stock at Newegg

EVGA in stock at B&H

Gigabyte in stock at SuperBiiz

MSI Armor in stock at Newegg

ZOTAC in stock at B&H

Let me know when there are 1080ti's bundled with 500 round bricks of .22LR

Now THAT would be the prize at the end of the rainbow :)

Unfortunately there will also probably be a little green dude in a funny hat holding a sign that says "$999.99"

Let me know when there are 1080ti's bundled with 500 round bricks of .22LR

Now THAT would be the prize at the end of the rainbow :)

Unfortunately there will also probably be a little green dude in a funny hat holding a sign that says "$999.99"

I agree Larry, a I'd buy a GPU+ammo combo before a GPU+PSU combo any day of the week! :D

for 700 i want a cool looking back plate (some air holes please) and some disco lights, wish the fe was rgb and had "TI" on it, not into the red msi thing either,
looks like the same fps difference that the 980ti and 1080 had/have and not a solid 60fps in 4k for the majority, still want one for 4k though
playing the waiting game again...oh joy (it is actually a lot of fun, i'm easy like that)

been checking on n.e. and the armor has been up enough that i could have got one a few different times.....so tempting but i need a little bit o bling for that much

Last edited:
Welp I think we've gotten past the initial slump. I'm unusubscribing from the nowinstock.net alerts because I've scored two cards and I'm tired of my phone alerting me throughout the day as these come in stock (it's up to a dozen times a day or thereabouts, so anyone halfway seriously looking should be able to snag a card - if not, definitely subscribe to the TXT or email alerts on nowinstock.net and you'll likely have one within a day or two).

The AIB cards, including the MSI Gaming X that everyone seems to be waiting on, are starting to show up. I got a notification earlier for the Asus ROG Strix, which is a pretty sick looking card btw. Not sure the Gaming is worth an additional $40 over the Armor OC for what is essentially a backplate, a black/red color scheme, and slightly higher clocks. We're talking a mere 1-2 fps difference in many cases. YMMV but I grabbed the Armor and may just try to OC it to Gaming levels (as if the 1080 Ti isn't brutally fast anyway).

Ugh, living in TN sucks sometimes. We have almost 10% sales tax, and we're one of 3 states that pays tax on Newegg. $68 in taxes if I buy one right now.

Ugh, living in TN sucks sometimes. We have almost 10% sales tax, and we're one of 3 states that pays tax on Newegg. $68 in taxes if I buy one right now.

Damn bro!

Hey all, Newegg has The Gigabyte 3 fan OC'd version in stock at 699 right now. Unless im reading something wrong.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125955

Yup, still in stock too. Nice find! Cheaper and ever so slightly higher clocks than the MSI Armor OC.

I grabbed the EVGA FE from Newegg when it was available yesterday. It seems to be popping into stock every once in a while. I won't touch Gigabyte with a ten foot pole after two very poor experiences with them.

I grabbed the EVGA FE from Newegg when it was available yesterday. It seems to be popping into stock every once in a while. I won't touch Gigabyte with a ten foot pole after two very poor experiences with them.

I had to RMA one of their cards a few years ago. Seems like it took a while but they did replace it. That's one of the only cards that's ever gone bad on me but they did replace it without a fuss unlike an experience I had with XFX where it was like pulling teeth to the point that I gave up and bought another card.

I normally go EVGA but went with MSI this time along with a reference card from nVidia.

I had to RMA one of their cards a few years ago. Seems like it took a while but they did replace it. That's one of the only cards that's ever gone bad on me but they did replace it without a fuss unlike an experience I had with XFX where it was like pulling teeth to the point that I gave up and bought another card.

I normally go EVGA but went with MSI this time along with a reference card from nVidia.

The first "fun time" was receiving two motherboards in a row with physical damage after an RMA. On both occasions Gigabyte blamed me first (about 5 minutes after getting it in the mail no less), and then eventually blamed the shipper even though the packaging looked fine. I eventually got a working motherboard on the third try after many hours of wasted time on my part.

You can read about the other Gigabyte experience here. It started with them requesting a receipt and ended in a beyond ridiculous fashion. I never did end up getting anything from the user I bought the card from and just ate the loss. To be clear, I hold Gigabyte far more responsible than the user here for that whole debacle.

In any case, it seems that the stock is refreshing nicely:
ASUS Founder's Edition
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...14126185&cm_re=1080_ti-_-14-126-185-_-Product

MSI Founder's Edition
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...14137104&cm_re=1080_ti-_-14-137-104-_-Product

The first "fun time" was receiving two motherboards in a row with physical damage after an RMA. On both occasions Gigabyte blamed me first (about 5 minutes after getting it in the mail no less), and then eventually blamed the shipper even though the packaging looked fine. I eventually got a working motherboard on the third try after many hours of wasted time on my part.

You can read about the other Gigabyte experience here. It started with them requesting a receipt and ended in a beyond ridiculous fashion. I never did end up getting anything from the user I bought the card from and just ate the loss. To be clear, I hold Gigabyte far more responsible than the user here for that whole debacle.

Thanks for sharing. I'll read up on that. I've always wanted to do a build on one of their motherboards (I'm a pretty hardcore Asus mb guy despite people having bad experiences with their RMA dept. also) but I'll keep that in mind and proceed with caution.

It's a good thing I came across this post. I also can't load a level. I'm wondering what could be the problem. It's just frustrating every time the game crashes. Do you have any idea what's happening?
I have no idea. But, since I've been reminded, I will do my best to remember to try ROTR when I get a moment today. I ripped and replaced Windows recently due to ever increasing crashes at the desktop. So, latest Windows 10, the most recent Game Ready driver, etc. I'm curious to see if this works now.

It's a good thing I came across this post. I also can't load a level. I'm wondering what could be the problem. It's just frustrating every time the game crashes. Do you have any idea what's happening?
I'm able to run the game and load levels using DX12 now.

Just wondering, did the MSI Gaming X from Newegg ever include a free game code? I swear it did but realized after I ordered that I never received one. Did anyone receive theirs? And if so, could you please provide an order history screenshot proving it? Thanks!

Just wondering, did the MSI Gaming X from Newegg ever include a free game code? I swear it did but realized after I ordered that I never received one. Did anyone receive theirs? And if so, could you please provide an order history screenshot proving it? Thanks!
It never included it but it should. ALL 1060 through 1080 Ti cards are supposed to come with that promo through authorized sellers which of course Newegg is one of. It even mentions the promo right on the Nvidia and MSI sites. Call Newegg and speak to a supervisor if the rep gives you the run around as you are supposed to get it. I had to get a little rude as I got tired of the idiotic excuses the rep kept making but the supervisor got it done but still acted like it was a one time courtesy.

It never included it but it should. ALL 1060 through 1080 Ti cards are supposed to come with that promo through authorized sellers which of course Newegg is one of. It even mentions the promo right on the Nvidia and MSI sites. Call Newegg and speak to a supervisor if the rep gives you the run around as you are supposed to get it. I had to get a little rude as I got tired of the idiotic excuses the rep kept making but the supervisor got it done but still acted like it was a one time courtesy.

It's crazy. Obviously it's nothing off Newgg's back to offer the promo. Not sure why they make it so difficult.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to do just that :)

Wow, that's good to hear! So after changing to Windows 10 it worked?
After upgrading from the latest patch level of the Anniversary Edition to the Creators Update (clean install). I was running Windows 10 when I initially encountered issues with the game using DX12.

Back