Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Latest Patch takes forever to download, and the companions got nerfed. they are maybe 10-25% better than before 4.0 now

Bought Battlefront and it came with a code for a free tauntaun mount and thermal retention suit for TOR. Anyone want it?

Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Last edited:
Bought Battlefront and it came with a code for a free tauntaun mount and thermal retention suit for TOR. Anyone want it?

Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Damn I wanted that. Well if anyone else has one and isn't going to use it, I'd like it. I'm a digital hoarder.

Question: did they ever add in gay/lesbian relationships like they promised at launch?

Question: did they ever add in gay/lesbian relationships like they promised at launch?

Not with the original companions. Same sex relationships with other NPC's has been present since the original expansion.

Cool. I played this at launch, and loved the story, just hated the MMO aspect (fetch X/kill X). So I never made it to the expansion.

It's a shame that no emulator exists for this, as I wouldn't mind playing this single player, and just hack my way through all the shitty quests to enjoy all the stories.

I think the new expansion blows the rest of the game out of the water.

My only gripe is they didn't update the graphics in the entire game.

I think the new expansion blows the rest of the game out of the water.

My only gripe is they didn't update the graphics in the entire game.

Actually they did make updates to a degree. Darth Marr's ship has updated assets compared to other imperial structures. Koth and Lana are more detailed as are all the new characters. Newer areas in the expansions generally do look better when they don't reuse assets. Manaan is an example of this. Unfortunately there haven't been sweeping or all encompassing updates to the engine or graphics.

Cool. I played this at launch, and loved the story, just hated the MMO aspect (fetch X/kill X). So I never made it to the expansion.

It's a shame that no emulator exists for this, as I wouldn't mind playing this single player, and just hack my way through all the shitty quests to enjoy all the stories.

You only need to do the class story and planetary main story to level up in 4.0. You do not have to do any "shitty quests".

Actually they did make updates to a degree. Darth Marr's ship has updated assets compared to other imperial structures. Koth and Lana are more detailed as are all the new characters. Newer areas in the expansions generally do look better when they don't reuse assets. Manaan is an example of this. Unfortunately there haven't been sweeping or all encompassing updates to the engine or graphics.

Would be nice to have our playable characters updated!

Super mega bump, but there's news.
Twitch Prime members get a bunch of free stuff:

http://www.swtor.com/twitch-prime/home

If you don't have a Twitch Prime, you can get a free trial.
Also while you're logged in, you should setup a 2FA on your account so you earn free Cartel Coins every month. Even if you don't play or subscribe, you may as well earn the coins. As soon as you're done you can delete the key app.

Last edited:
Super mega bump, but there's news.
Twitch Prime members get a bunch of free stuff:

http://www.swtor.com/twitch-prime/home

If you don't have a Twitch Prime, you can get a free trial.
Also while you're logged in, you should setup a 2FA on your account so you earn free Cartel Coins every month. Even if you don't play or subscribe, you may as well earn the coins. As soon as you're done you can delete the key app.

Caught it this morning, too. Is the entire expansion included? Or just the first chapter? If it's the entire expansion, I would definitely reinstall this. I quit subscribing once they went F2P.

Wasn't even aware there was a new expansion. Their marketing seems to have been cut way back. Last expansion I knew about it months before hand.

Wasn't even aware there was a new expansion. Their marketing seems to have been cut way back. Last expansion I knew about it months before hand.

5.2 is a minor content update. I'd hardly call it an expansion. We've known its content about a month ahead of time. The more recent, actual expansion was Knights of the Eternal Throne. We knew what that would be by the end of the content deployment for its predecessor which was done on a monthly, or bimonthly schedule.

It was pretty solid. It had better pacing than the previous expansion did.
Content was great, the slow release of the single player content was annoying at first but it helped them draw it out.

Dailies weren't very fun, but they got better with the content updates.

I subbed for a month earlier this year and sold all the credits I made from doing dailies in my downtime for about $100. Not a bad way to make a little cash on the grind.

5.2 adds a new daily area and a new open-world PvP area. The dailies as I understand it are brutal in that they are very slow and boring as hell even by daily standards. At least, the Sith Warrior (and anyone else), can finally kill Quinn.

open world PVP? I always try to get into this game but never stayed more then 2 weeks.

Any GFE users have a spare SWTOR Nvidia gift code? They expire on the 31st.
If you open GFE you should get a notification whether you got one or not. I think it's an expansion pass and maybe a mount/armor set.

If someone has a code they can pass to me, I'd be grateful. :)

Any GFE users have a spare SWTOR Nvidia gift code? They expire on the 31st.
If you open GFE you should get a notification whether you got one or not. I think it's an expansion pass and maybe a mount/armor set.

If someone has a code they can pass to me, I'd be grateful. :)

I didn't get one. The code is for some armor and a mount. I don't think it's for the expansions considering they are all free if you are a subscriber.

Usually people sell these codes for a couple bucks but I can't even find any on Ebay which makes me think there were only a few available.

spare yourself and get destiny 2 2000x better than that pile of sheit
I played SWTOR mostly like a single player game and getting through all 8 class stories, the expansions once, side content (housing, professions, space battles, flashpoints, etc) took me about 400-500 hours. When I quit I sold all my credits, so I actually made money playing it too.

IMO if you ignore the multiplayer aspect it's one of the most content-rich story-driven games on the market. As an "MMO" it falls flat, especially end-game content. I don't think BioWare has added a new raid to this game in over 2 years now, since KOTFE/KOTET.

Yep I keep it around just for the story aspect. There are a lot of small tasks in this game. It's easy to fall back into.

spare yourself and get destiny 2 2000x better than that pile of sheit

Destiny doesn't impress me. They aren't the same type of game anyway, so STFU with that shit. If you don't like this game that's fine, but there is no reason to threadcrap about it.

I played SWTOR mostly like a single player game and getting through all 8 class stories, the expansions once, side content (housing, professions, space battles, flashpoints, etc) took me about 400-500 hours. When I quit I sold all my credits, so I actually made money playing it too.

IMO if you ignore the multiplayer aspect it's one of the most content-rich story-driven games on the market. As an "MMO" it falls flat, especially end-game content. I don't think BioWare has added a new raid to this game in over 2 years now, since KOTFE/KOTET.

Actually, there is a lot of end game content for it. You are right in that they hadn't added a new raid to the game in two years, however they did add the "Machine Gods" operation. Oddly, they are adding it one boss at a time and it's got three of the supposed five. All three of the later raids added are actually quite difficult, and frustrating. The encounter design isn't what it once was given the team that used to make the raids was changed. The game is still getting new flashpoints as well. There is plenty of group content, world bosses etc. I've been playing since launch and even I haven't done everything in the game despite having logged more hours than I'd ever admit to over the years.

Yep I keep it around just for the story aspect. There are a lot of small tasks in this game. It's easy to fall back into.

There is a lot of that in the game. However, it isn't as good past the original 8 class stories. After that, every class gets funneled into the same story arcs. Still, there is a lot to do after that and there are some variations in the dialog which can make it somewhat interesting.

I have resubbed for 3 months just recently after beeing away for a couple years, like others have said, I treat this more as a single player game, and it is good fun, graphics could use an overhaul though.

Still holds a special place in my heart. I'll probably go back once I've fixed my old Naga

I have resubbed for 3 months just recently after beeing away for a couple years, like others have said, I treat this more as a single player game, and it is good fun, graphics could use an overhaul though.

They've implemented some graphics upgrades over the years but nothing Earth shattering. They have more options than they used to and newer areas of the game look much better than the older ones. I agree with you, but the game isn't popular enough for EA/BioWare to invest the kind of money it would take to seriously overhaul it. The game was built with a few technical decisions early on that limit it severely now. The Hero Engine alpha for example runs in two 32Bit processes, so they can only do so much with it.

Back