Official Favorite Gaming Mouse Thread!

IME 3.0 and Steel Series Ikari are the best mice I've ever used.

The 1.1 is good as well but if anyone wants a "serious" gaming mouse the only mice to even consider imo are the MX518, IME 3.0/1.1, Death Adder, and Ikari.

Everything else has problems with low sensitivity's or weird caveats.

I was a long time user of a IME 3.0 and it finally quit working, so I switched to a MX518 and I like it even better. On the fly sensitivity adjustment is a really nice feature, and the overall feel and weight make it an excellent gaming mouse.

MX518. Love it. Though all my friends swear by their razor mice. I might get one down the road just for the heck of it, and if i don't like it I'll bring it to work

Had a G9 for a few days, but I couldn't get comfortable with it. My fingers are too long.

The Logitech G5 and the G15 keyboard looked great on paper but really disappointed me in real world use. Glad to sent them back for a refund. Logitech have taken a step back on the design and quality, the G15 v1 was much better and the MX518 or G5 are still much more confortable to use than a G9. I don't want a mouse that I have to hold in a girly fashion, my wife said I looked gay holding the G9!!, that's was it - goodbye. :D

Been using an mx518 for a few years now, and decided to get a G5. It's not bad. The grippy texture is a nice change. Anyone know if that stuff wears down? Or if it starts getting discolored over time?

Is the Razer DeathAdder the successor to the Diamondback? I really liked my Diamondback when I was still using it a few years back. I've been using a G9 since but it still feels a little off especially when I try to play FPS games. I know Razer has another model, the Lachesis, but it looks quirky. Any of these models good or should I try and find my old Diamondback?

Been using a 518 for 2 years, loved it.

Just moved to a Habu. I think I dig the Habu more, fits my big hands better,

I'm still using my good old IME 3.0, although it's finally starting to have some double clicking issues after countless years of daily use. I think I'll jump over to a Deathadder soon, just because it has a similar shape.

I just went from a Microsoft intelimouse 3button that lasted 5years and still works to a logitech mx518. So far I like it, I needed a mouse with more buttons and these are laid out so you dont accidentally hit them, yet easily accessible.

I liked my old intellimouse explorer 1.1 but I had serious issues with the cords coming loose and ruining the mouse. I liked the feel of that when it was new, but I have to say that this logitech 518 has lasted me for about three awesome years and is still going strong. I haven't had issues with it at all and is almost like the day I bought it. Honestly it's been such a good mouse that I don't even care how much better that the IE1.1 felt in my hand. This mouse is almost as comfortable.

I liked my old intellimouse explorer 1.1 but I had serious issues with the cords coming loose and ruining the mouse. I liked the feel of that when it was new, but I have to say that this logitech 518 has lasted me for about three awesome years and is still going strong. I haven't had issues with it at all and is almost like the day I bought it. Honestly it's been such a good mouse that I don't even care how much better that the IE1.1 felt in my hand. This mouse is almost as comfortable.

Yeah that's what happened to my first 1.1, but that was after a few years of use, my second one is still going strong. I'm just too used to the size and weight to switch. I've tried a few Razer mice and they all feel awkward. I use the "claw" grip with high sensitivity and that really light weight just seems to go well with the sensitivity.

I really like Logitech G9 myself, it's almost perfect with the wider grip and 22g of extra weight modules. But still can't get over how ugly it looks. :)

I really like Logitech G9 myself, it's almost perfect with the wider grip and 22g of extra weight modules. But still can't get over how ugly it looks. :)

Srs? I think it looks awesome, especially compared to the G5 revision with the blue lightning all over it. That one is seriously lame.

used to use an old school basic logitech optical.

then jumped to logitech mx1000. the lazer one.

now, i have the best mouse ever for everything.

razer deathadder

Yet another Deathadder vote here. Shape is the same as the venerable 3.0. Doesn't get any better than that, not to mention it has the best sensor available (Bluetrack not included, as it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet).

Love my original G5 that is the gray metallic. Not sure how much extra weight I have in it but been using it for the last 2-3 years and best $60 I spent on a mouse...On the other hand..the G15 keyboard I bought with the G5 died after like a year of use..

Went from IME 3.0 --> G7 --> MX Revolution --> G9 --> Razer Deathadder.

I am definitely going back to the G9. Best mouse out of that line up by far.

On a side note: The Func Archetype 1030 mousepad is da bomb.

icematvv9.jpg

Hands down the MX518 with fresh Teflon feet in conjunction with use of a freshly windexed Black ICEMAT and a mouse fan for sweaty hand is the Ul†ima†e Se†up.

If you don't have the fresh teflon feet and the ICEMAT is dirty the experience is completly different.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1033343315 said:
Hands down the MX518 with fresh Teflon feet in conjunction with use of a freshly windexed Black ICEMAT and a mouse fan for sweaty hand is the Ul†ima†e Se†up.

If you don't have the fresh teflon feet and the ICEMAT is dirty the experience is completly different.

I've got the same mousepad (bought after Steelseries absorbed icemat.com, so it has a different logo) but I agree 100%, freshly cleaned icemat + the teflon feet = pure mousing bliss!

That is, until the dust really starts to accumulate again. :eek:

I absolutely hate the middle mouse on the G5. Deathadder for me.

Yup MX 518 here too.

Although its really starting to get old now. I've used it so much the logo in the center is worn to where its now an "ogitec"

Haven't found a true successor yet, so it has to last a while longer.

Razer DeathAdder. Before that I liked my Logitech DualOptical, but it doesn't compare to the Razer.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1033343315 said:

where the hell do you get a hands fan? my hand sweats all the time on my poor mousy.

Logitech mx300

I wish they still made them!
(and the G3 sucks! I don't like lazer!)

Bought my G5 a few months ago and never looked back. The G9 just didn't fit my hand very well and the G5 had all the features I wanted.

razer salmosa! Great mouse if you like smaller mice, have small hands, or are a fingertip user. It's similar in size to the g1, g3, and mx300.

IMG00008.jpg

Not my image, but I use the same mouse + mousepad.

old school MS Explorer 3.0 grey one with big thumb buttons FTW

I have that one and it is good but prefer my 2 MX518's because the buttons have better tactile feedback and I can change DPI on the fly. Explorer 3.0 is a lighter mouse though with very sensitive buttons so some would prefer it for that reason.

Back