• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official Favorite Gaming Mouse Thread!

Haven't found a true successor yet, so it has to last a while longer.

Logitech still makes MX518 so you can just buy a new one. They have changed the base of the MX518 to make it better too. I have an old version and the newer version. The base now has large skate pads instead of small feet and the text underneath is now silk screened into the base instead of on the sticky tape stuff so has no chance to come loose. A couple of the feet fell out of the old version and is how i ended up with a free new version.
 
I liked my old intellimouse explorer 1.1 but I had serious issues with the cords coming loose and ruining the mouse. I liked the feel of that when it was new, but I have to say that this logitech 518 has lasted me for about three awesome years and is still going strong. I haven't had issues with it at all and is almost like the day I bought it. Honestly it's been such a good mouse that I don't even care how much better that the IE1.1 felt in my hand. This mouse is almost as comfortable.

I have a ver 1.1 Explorer. Ver. 3.0 that I have also is much better as it uses higher DPI. Get a ver 3.0 as I have seen them on sale for $29.99 CAD. I paid $45.00 CAD for mine.
 
MX510. Wouldn't trade it for another. Well...maybe for the blue version (I have red).
I have the blue and love it.
Also MS Explorer old and 3.0 were good.
I might get a G5 (two thumb buttons)

G9 is too small for me and the MS Sidewinder is a great mouse but the vertical thumb buttons are really annoying for me.
 
MX510 is no longer made though. MX518 is the same mouse as the 510 except with the adjustable DPI.
 
I am a big fan of the Diamondback 3g. Big step up from the 400dpi MS mouse I had before.
I've had mine for about 6 months of heavy use, still looks and feels like new.
 
Back
Top