• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Official Favorite Gaming Mouse Thread!

kompulsive

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
355
What is your favorite gaming mouse?

I'm using a Logitech MX 518 but I'm about to purchase a Logitech G5 to try it out. I've heard the G9 feels really awkward so I'm skipping it.
 
I've had 2 of the G5s. I like them. A bit small for me but very solid.
 
Still kickin' my MX510. Can't think of a single reason to "upgrade" to any other mouse.
 
I know wireless has "A DELAY" but I love my Logitech wireless Easy Call Desktop setup. Keyboard is fantastic and the mouse fits my man-hands well. The only problem I hear from other users is that the mouse is a little heavy compared to cabled alternatives. Slap a RatPad under it and you have hours of fun.
 
The Logitech G9 is, hands-down, the best mouse I've ever used. The way it feels (fits my hands like no other has) and performs is perfect. I used the G5, which was good, and my wife currently uses it and likes that one a bit better, but its too arched for me. The "flatter" form of the G9, plus it's performance, make it the best I've ever personally used.
 
Isn't the G9 smaller than the G5? If it is, I don't think I would like that at all. I guess I'll just have to fork out the money and order the damn G9 and see if I like it considering no stores around me carry it.
 
MX510. Wouldn't trade it for another. Well...maybe for the blue version (I have red).
 
Isn't the G9 smaller than the G5? If it is, I don't think I would like that at all. I guess I'll just have to fork out the money and order the damn G9 and see if I like it considering no stores around me carry it.

The G9 is a lot smaller than the G5, so if you're the kind of person who likes a mouse that fills your hand, you probably won't find it comfortable. I personally like larger mice, so I like the G5 the best.
 
Just bought a G5 this morning after using a mx revo for the last couple years, and I can't believe how much better it feels for gaming. The movement is so much smoother. This is my first corded mouse since the Logitech dual-optical and I love it
 
I've been enjoying my Cyber Snipa Stinger for awhile. Still find myself gripping it as I would my Diamondback but overall I like it.
 
Been using a Logitech G7 for two years now, first one broke after a year, but Logitech sent me a new one after I scanned my receipt and had it emailed to them. The one thing that drives me nuts now is that the battery has to be changed quite often. It was cool at first, but it got old fast. But that only takes a few seconds, so maybe I'm just making a big fuss about nothing.
 
Razer Death Adder. Picked one up yesterday. Miles ahead of my old Diamondback 1g
 
Picked up a G9 recently, had been using a G5 and I think they're both pretty good. I would definitely appreciate maybe two extra thumb buttons though on either of them.
 
Although many people rag on this mouse, I love my G7. I hate wired mouse. Having an extra side buttons wouldn't hurt though.
 
I love the logitech MX1000 that I've been using for a couple years. The battery runs down pretty fast on it here lately but thats the only complaint I have about it.
 
Razer Death Adder. Picked one up yesterday. Miles ahead of my old Diamondback 1g

Ditto and ditto. While Razer's software has never impressed me, I've been to busy playing games to worry about it.

Smoothness, accuracy, comfort. Check check and check.
 
MS Explorer 3.0 and MS Comfort Optical 3000.

I have this too(comfort 3000). Everything is great except the scroll doesn't click. It's great for web surfing but it takes a good while to get precise selecting weapons for me in tf2.

Logitech was my main brand but the wires connecting to the mouse always became loose and unstable. So I put some money with microsoft. i just wonder which microsoft optical mice have click scroll?
 
Looking for a mouse to go with my new build. So, I'm watching this thread.:cool:
Looking at both the Logitech MX518 and the MS Sidewinder HKA-00001.
The Sidewinder doesn't seem to get much love around here, but PC Gamer gave it high marks some months ago. Any user input would be appreciated.
Thanks-
Scratch
 
I'm still using a MX518 but I am planning to upgrade when I get the money.
 
I have a hard time imagining something better than my Logitech G9. :)
 
Back
Top