Official EVGA Ampere Queue Thread

Man that step up change is rough. Still the premise of step up was you could buy with confidence that new tech wasn’t going to show up and make you obsolete right away. Folks these days are just using it to cut in line to get the card they really want. I did it. I don’t think it’s fair to the people who signed up 6 months before me via their notify system. I should have been in line after the people who signed up, not in front. The 3070Ti was such a nice card…

I think that's a reasonable take but I know I did both (1030 step up + queues), and never got a 3090 thru queues, but I was able to buy a 1030 and turn it into a 3090. I still had to...

1. Find out about the program here
2. Comb thru the rules to make sure it would work
3. Buy the basement card
4. Enter step up & wait for a card to be available (in my case about a month, I think I got lucky with holiday stock)
5. Pay for the new card
6. RMA the old one
7. Yay 3090!

TL;DR: It took me 2 months to buy an AIB card thats $450 more than an FE. At MSRP + triple shipping costs.

And that's the 'loophole' EVGA decided made it too easy to get a card. You're right, this wasn't the original purpose of the program. But holy shit building computers sucks now.

Glad a few of us got to use it while it lasted.

My how things change.
I remember how a friend of mine thought I was nuts for spending $419.99+ tax for a video card. That was spring of 2000 and the card was a Prophet II GeForce 2 64MB!

I'll get it if the price is $250 but evga is offering me the $330 version (+$80) with backplate and small amount of higher default clock speed (1845 vs 1777 mhz, only +3.8%).

I'll pass this time.

The evga queue system is ok, not perfect but the product performance to price relationship (i.e. value to customer) is tanking for this model offered.

Got my 3080 notification today, nearly 14 months since queuing up. Now I gotta do research for a PC build. Been out of the loop for YEARS and a lot has changed. Miss the old days of relying on [H] reviews for guidance.

FTW3 Ultra came through yesterday, signed up 1/21/21. Got a 3090 FE at msrp from Best Buy though so it's moving on to the next in line

Congrats. What was your sign up date? I signed up on February 17, 2021. I already have one I got through the shuffle, but may secure this one for someone here.
My signup date was 1/23/2021. Considering workshop35 above just got one and signed up around the same time, people in late January may be getting their chance now. Feb 2021 notifies might just be around the corner, unless notifies come in irregular waves.

My signup date was 1/23/2021. Considering workshop35 above just got one and signed up around the same time, people in late January may be getting their chance now. Feb 2021 notifies might just be around the corner, unless notifies come in irregular waves.
For the higher tiers I guess. On their queue for a xc3 and even a ftw3 3080 since 10/7/20. Nada. It was easier getting the 3090 FE in my sig at MSRP, than an EVGA card from the queue. I guess since I don't participate in their silly evga score non sense, I will most like never be notified.

For the higher tiers I guess. On their queue for a xc3 and even a ftw3 3080 since 10/7/20. Nada. It was easier getting the 3090 FE in my sig at MSRP, than an EVGA card from the queue. I guess since I don't participate in their silly evga score non sense, I will most like never be notified.
You might want to check your queue again, because either you missed the notification email, or you are still in the queue for the non-LHR SKU. EVGA sent emails out telling people that the non-LHR queues would be switched to the LHR queues. Did you decline the switch? You can check your queue once you login to your evga account and it would be under My EVGA -> my notify.

I had the xc3 queued from almost the same day and dropped it in favor of keeping the ftw3 ultra and some 3090 card. The lower-end models are never going to happen I don't think.

G
Got my notify today at 2:00PM and didn't even see it until just now.

Edit: My sign up was Feb 17, 2021. None of my friends locally are interested in it either, just like when I got a 3070ti notification.

Last edited:
I had the xc3 queued from almost the same day and dropped it in favor of keeping the ftw3 ultra and some 3090 card. The lower-end models are never going to happen I don't think.
Yes in the future I'd use my queue slots on FTW3 or hybrid. They really don't make many black/XC3 cards.

im still on a 3080 queue and a 3050 queue. I expected the 3050 one to go kind of quick. I haven't gotten a single one. my 3080 queue is well over a year old now.

im still on a 3080 queue and a 3050 queue. I expected the 3050 one to go kind of quick. I haven't gotten a single one. my 3080 queue is well over a year old now.
Took a year for me to get a 3080, so sounds about right. Same with the hybrid model that I really wanted.

If you wanted a card ASAP, you had to queue up the FTW3 Ultra Gaming air cooled version of the card (followed by the XC3 Ultra Gaming). That's what they made the most of, and likely what they made the most money on.

Black, Gaming (non-Ultra), and Hybrid variants were afterthoughts. If you're in a queue for one of those, it's either going to take you a lot longer to get one or you'll never get one.

EVGA is still milking it.

Despite the new supply/availability of cards: queues haven't been resolving more quickly. They haven't updated the inventory for step-up. They are charging brand new money, for B-stock (or maybe $10 - $20 less). And for basically that same money, you get 2 years less warranty!

I suspect they will let the last of the newegg shuffle cards and some of their bundles on other sites, run out of step up time, before they refill the step-up inventory.

So, this was a bit unexpected. The rtx 3050 250 dollar model was in stock and it was 20 dollars on sale (I should say from the que).

Out the door I was able to get it for 223.09. A friend needs it so, I'll get it to him at cost.

Just to be clear, this isn't a good deal, but it's tolerable.

Last edited:
Do any of you have a leadtek graphics card?
I'm not that old, ie I'm not a connoisseur of old hardware, but I remember that there were leadtek cards before, now those cards don't seem to exist anymore.
I see they have rtx 3000 cards,the company still exists obviously...but the question is to whom they produce at all
https://www.leadtek.com/eng/products/graphics_cards(1)/GeForce_30_Series(160)

They stopped releasing cards in the USA, and it has been a long time since Ive seen a card from them. I used to buy their cards along with ones from Gainward because they were well made back in the early GF2-GF4 days.

They stopped releasing cards in the USA, and it has been a long time since Ive seen a card from them. I used to buy their cards along with ones from Gainward because they were well made back in the early GF2-GF4 days.
There aren't any in Europe either, at least as far as I know...
Obviously they only work for Asia though i see there is one distributor that should be for europe, asbis

CDW.ca.

Ordered mine on Saturday morning, and I got it the following Wednesday.

They still have the 3070 TI and the 3080 TI in stock, 3060 TI is gone though.

Back