Official: Diablo 3 is Coming!

I didn't actually like D2 as much as D1. Maybe I was incredibly dissapointed by 640x480 resolution (LOL) or the sprite-based characters, the lacklustre music, but I think my main reason was the change in atmosphere. I was genuinely creeped out by D1. There weren't too many places in D2 that gave me the shivvers.

The atmosphere in D1 is alot better. Too it lacked real replayability. And also, D1's resolution was 640x480 too. Diablo 2 didn't get a resolution overhaul until the expansion pack. And even then it's only 800x600 max.

I have heard about mods that made D2 have a 1280x1024 resolution or something. Does anyone know about this? Ive thought about dicking around on it when Im bored but I refuse to play 800x600 on a 22" widescreen, esp since I only play games in Window mode.

The atmosphere in D1 is alot better. Too it lacked real replayability. And also, D1's resolution was 640x480 too. Diablo 2 didn't get a resolution overhaul until the expansion pack. And even then it's only 800x600 max.

I prefer D1 to D2 personally. The butcher was one of the best enemies ever, not to mention that he was really freaking tough when you got to him, and the game itself was just a lot more "dark" overall. D1 also had MORE replayability in my opinion, as the quests changed up every time you played, so you wouldn't always get the butcher, snotspill, or any of the amusing "quests" on a given run through.

That and bnet was much more amusing (though worthless for legit play) by storing everything client-side, duping, town killing hacks, etc...

Man when SC2 and D3 come out, it will be after WotLK, blizzard will be able to buy their own country.

I prefer D1 to D2 personally. The butcher was one of the best enemies ever, not to mention that he was really freaking tough when you got to him, and it was just a lot more "dark" overall.

That and bnet was much more amusing (though worthless for legit play) by storing everything client-side, duping, town killing hacks, etc...

If D1 had the amount of items D2 had, and maybe changed some little things, I would definately prefer it. I liked the Butcher as well.

They wouldn't be going through all this unless it was major. IE Warcraft 4, Diablo 3, etc.

Man when SC2 and D3 come out, it will be after WotLK, blizzard will be able to buy their own country.

Actually official word as of like winter last year that the next game release from Blizzard would be StarCraft2, and then WoW expansion2. So I see SC2 maybe out this Summer still or early Fall, with WoW expansion2 due out more like Oct/Nov.

Why is everyone creaming in their pants for Diablo3 now ? This is Blizzard and won't be released until like 2011

Haha it needs to be announced before it can qualify for vaporware.

True...well, it means the game is "probably" going to be released. When? Who knows...it's Blizzard. Could be in the next decade. And, by next decade, I mean the one after the "teens."

Symbols from Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft? Maybe Blizzard are going to really spoil us with separate Warcraft, Diablo AND Starcraft game announcements!

Hey, dreams are free :D

Because it means the game isn't vaporware.

Same thing with Duke Nukem FOREVER, we all know the game is in development, just never coming out forever. Diablo3 sure may be in development, but when Blizzard announces a title it is always like the next decade the actual game ships, so don't hold your breath for D3, move along it will be a long while off

If D1 had the amount of items D2 had, and maybe changed some little things, I would definately prefer it. I liked the Butcher as well.

I remember fighting the butcher for the first time. I had to lock him on the opposite side of a gate since he couldn't open doors and shoot him to death with a bow where he couldn't hit me. Shortly after shitting my pants a few times running from him of course.

Actually official word as of like winter last year that the next game release from Blizzard would be StarCraft2, and then WoW expansion2. So I see SC2 maybe out this Summer still or early Fall, with WoW expansion2 due out more like Oct/Nov.

Oh really? I knew wotlk was coming this fall, but didn't know SC2 was so close to release.

Think a 6800 will run SC2 on alright settings? Ha...

I remember fighting the butcher for the first time. I had to lock him on the opposite side of a gate since he couldn't open doors and shoot him to death with a bow where he couldn't hit me. Shortly after shitting my pants a few times running from him of course.

God Diablo I was the most amazing gaming experience I had as a child.

Oh really? I knew wotlk was coming this fall, but didn't know SC2 was so close to release.

Think a 6800 will run SC2 on alright settings? Ha...

Blizzard's general rule is to make games that run acceptable on 3.5 to 4 year old hardware at the time of the games release. So it'll run, but you're kind of pushing it.

Same thing with Duke Nukem FOREVER, we all know the game is in development, just never coming out forever. Diablo3 sure may be in development, but when Blizzard announces a title it is always like the next decade the actual game ships, so don't hold your breath for D3, move along it will be a long while off

So what? If they announce it i'll be happy because then i know they are working on it and it is that much closer to being on my hard drive. I dont think anyone here is expecting to on the shelf two weeks from now. Most game announcements are at least a year before the product hits if not longer.

Other people remain hopeful. You, sir (and I do mean that politely), just seem like you got up on the wrong end of the bed.

Sorry I am just realistic, when Blizzard announces a new game it comes out years after that first announcement and then gets delayed again. Sort of Like Valve and their release dates

Sorry I am just realistic, when Blizzard announces a new game it comes out years after that first announcement and then gets delayed again. Sort of Like Valve and their release dates

well. is better to know that the game is being developed

instead of just thinking when will they make the game

I for one looking forward to Starcraft II
and don't mind the wait as long as they produce a polished game

after all blizzard games replay value continues years after release

You guys are awfully optimistic seeing as how the Diablo developers don't even work at Blizzard any more... But feel free to chalk up my skepticism that Blizzard in its current form can release a decent game, I'm just a bitter ex-WoW player.

actually only SOME of the developers left.....

Diablo 3 is my most anticipated game of all-time.

If they actually announce it this weekend, I hope we at least get a couple screenies to hold us over.

@OP :

That was totally gay to put OFFICIAL in your title. I almost shat my pants when I saw an 8 page D3 thread that said official in the title. Not cool.

Anyways, if it does get announced...OMG. Something to look foward to again after soo many letdowns! Lets just hope it's not something stupid. And heaven forbid its a diablo mmo....

PLEASE could an op or KYLE change the thread of the title, too many people wetting themselves over this, at least I did until I started reading each page.

Blizzard's general rule is to make games that run acceptable on 3.5 to 4 year old hardware at the time of the games release. So it'll run, but you're kind of pushing it.

Hmm well thanks. If it's that bad I'd man up and buy a new mobo/cpu/gpu all at once.

lol I'm in a diablo 3 irc channel right now and this shit is just ridiculous. There are less theories in all of science than what these people are coming up with.

Who goes in a D3 channel lol... u know all are nuts there and got no life. haha. Tho should be really funny to hear all their crap

Back