Official: Diablo 3 is Coming!

I really hope it's Diablo 3. Of course anything made by Blizzard is great, but please don't make some MMORPG, though I think they know that two MMORPG's at once would be a disaster.

Of course they won't make two MMOs. I am willing to bet that a Diablo MMO would become more popular than WoW.

i'm pretty sure another mmo by blizzard is in the works. take a look at their job listing 6/16/08 and 6/17/08: http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/

this doesn't mean much though since it might be one of the several future expansion packs of WoW, but the job title does specify next gen.

I agree with my Brother that WoW is already a Diablo MMORPG, I mean it is set in a medevil fantasy setting with swords, wizards, dragons, and dungeons to quest in and get loot.

How would a World of Diablo be any different than WoW already is, they seem to be set in the same world almost. A World of Diablo would be stupid might be the same as WoW part2, now to really make people notice and wake up would to make a real Sci/Fi MMORPG, those all seemed to have failed big time, but only Blizzard could pull it off correctly with a next gen WoW2.0 engine.

maybe you guys already knew about this but
shacknews posted an article about it

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53302

The images released thus far--named tundra 04.jpg and cavern 15.jpg--seem to fit opposing corners of the puzzle. Using logic that could only be derived from years of following the Nancy Drew saga, the detectives have speculated that the numbers in the file names correspond to letters of the alphabet.

Since the tundra image is first at 4, and the cavern image is last at 15, the six-letter word would appear to be D _ _ _ _ O. It doesn't take a master jewel socketer to see where this is going.

interesting..

Splash has been updated and there is a new image towards the bottom left, don't know what it is though.

With all the money WoW is making them, Blizzard probably isn't in a big hurry to make new games. Seriously, the Diablo games were a big hit and I know plenty of people who still play them. I played Diablo II regularly for 6 years before giving it up. I'm sure another Diablo game is over the horizon somewhere, look how long it took them to make StarCraft 2 despite all the hardcore SC fans begging for a sequel. It's only a matter of time.

With all the money WoW is making them, Blizzard probably isn't in a big hurry to make new games. Seriously, the Diablo games were a big hit and I know plenty of people who still play them. I played Diablo II regularly for 6 years before giving it up. I'm sure another Diablo game is over the horizon somewhere, look how long it took them to make StarCraft 2 despite all the hardcore SC fans begging for a sequel. It's only a matter of time.

That doesn't mean it isnt D3 though, it just makes the proof less definite.

It may still be D3, but...

I think the important thing is the stone.

I seriously think it looks like a crystal breaking. I think it looks like a huge chunk of the Kyhadrain crystal, (the one that can control the zerg and the protoss worship) splintering. I don't understand though since SC2 is already announced...

It may still be D3, but...

I think the important thing is the stone.

I seriously think it looks like a crystal breaking. I think it looks like a huge chunk of the Kyhadrain crystal, (the one that can control the zerg and the protoss worship) splintering. I don't understand though since SC2 is already announced...

But no official announcement of WoSC = World of StarCraft yet :eek: They will have the whole country of South Korea subscribe on launch day, that alone would be more than WoW ;)

At this point it doesn't matter what they're going to announce. If it isn't Diablo 3, at least 80% of their fanbase is going to be hugely disappointed. I'm sure they realize that by now, given how tenacious the D3 rumors have been.

If it isn't D3, then no one is likely to give a shit about it. We'll just collectively groan in disappointment and move on to other things.

Who cares about Diablo3, I want my StarCraft2 released soon, and would love to see an original new game from Blizzard something different. I think the Diablo series is too 90's, I mean do we need another Titan Quest style game in todays market, that would be lame. I would even welcome a World of StarCraft a good quality Sci/Fi MMORPG is very needed there have been way too many duds

At this point it doesn't matter what they're going to announce. If it isn't Diablo 3, at least 80% of their fanbase is going to be hugely disappointed. I'm sure they realize that by now, given how tenacious the D3 rumors have been.

If it isn't D3, then no one is likely to give a shit about it. We'll just collectively groan in disappointment and move on to other things.

I disagree slightly. I'll be equally happy with SC2 or D3. Both titles were/are childhood favorites and I am eager to see BOTH expand. WoW was the wrong direction for the Warcraft line, I feel. I think they need to get back to basics with a Warcraft 3-esque release of Warcraft 4. Alas, money talks, and WoW is a cash-cow. I've pretty much written the Warcraft series off.

Who cares about Diablo3, I want my StarCraft2 released soon, and would love to see an original new game from Blizzard something different. I think the Diablo series is too 90's, I mean do we need another Titan Quest style game in todays market, that would be lame. I would even welcome a World of StarCraft a good quality Sci/Fi MMORPG is very needed there have been way too many duds

I agree with the "world of Starcraft" comment however I doubt it will happen. MMO's take ALOT to produce and run, and WoW is still, relatively, hot off the plate. Esp. with expansions to keep the userbase subscribed.

I agree with the "world of Starcraft" comment however I doubt it will happen. MMO's take ALOT to produce and run, and WoW is still, relatively, hot off the plate. Esp. with expansions to keep the userbase subscribed.

Yeah, but their next mmo wouldn't be for another 2 maybe even 3 years.
not saying WoW won't be as popular as it is now but it will be time for something new... like WoSC (who knows, just saying).

I don't think we can use the "wow cash cow" as an argument since we know how long it takes for blizzard to release their games...

WACK!

So the latest symbol is the symbol to designate Protoss. This makes me believe that the first symbol was more likely from Frostmourne than from Diablo, but that the second symbol was in fact a Hel rune.

That leaves us with three symbols, each from three different games: WoW (or WCIII), Diablo 2, and Starcraft.

What is a certainty is that a game WILL be announced at the WWI according to a slip of tongue from Rob Pardo at the GDC.

I still think the crystal in the background is significant.

It is either the crystal i mentioned before, or some sort of NONE corrupted Worldstone, (Blue instead of Red?).

Right...

Right.

I still think the crystal in the background is significant.

It is either the crystal i mentioned before, or some sort of NONE corrupted Worldstone, (Blue instead of Red?).

Right...

Right.

Might well be a non-corrupted worldstone. Part 3 is speculated to take place in Heaven. Perhaps an "Evil" infiltrated the high heavens.

http://www.diabloii.net/n/667423/diablo-3-announcement-at-wwi

Site getting hammered.

Text:

Diablo 3 Announcement at WWI
25th Jun 2008 04:56 PM GMT | Rushster | 13 comments
Tag this!

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.

Tags: announce, blizzard, diablo 3, wwi
Share - Digg Story - Del.icio.us - Furl - N4G

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ANYONE???

Or maybe we should start an online petition or cry about about it on our emo blogs, because either of those would be effective as well.../wrists.

roflmao - now everyone at work is wondering what I'm laughing at...

Haha I know some people at work who play Diablo 2 on slow days and I showed them the Fileshack article today and now they wont stop searching the Diablo and Blizzard sites for more info. I find it pretty funny how everyone is really getting in the specifics and analyzing the crap out of that picture. Never played Diablo but seems like its something I should get into since it looks like the game has some really loyal fans and even a Diablo fan site is getting hammered where you cant even load it.

Even if its not true, Blizzard cant help but see the hype out of a small piece of speculation to not want to bank on it. After all its all about the Benjamin.

I can't see blizzard doing another full on pay to play mmo, because it would cut into their existing WoW fanbase. People aren't going to pay $15 for 2 different games because there just isn't the time available to justify doing so.

However, diablo is an online game, and it would be best for the series and the fans for it to have some sort of constant revenue stream to support enough servers, new content, and patches. They really need to curb the cheating this time around, and with what they know now I think they could do it if they had enough resources but off the shelf sales will not support the title forever. I'm guessing a small fee per month (say $5) or an ad-supported online plan, which interestingly enough I read the other day was their original intention for WoW. Either of those would give continuous revenue to support the game as time went on and would be reasonable imo (as a fan of the series) for a stable, legit online system.

The other interesting thing I remember reading a while ago regarded job postings at blizzard seemingly related to mobile applications. My guess in that case would be some sort of monitoring, chat, or auction tool for WoW as opposed to actual gameplay, but maybe they could do something more. How about a persistent diablo-esque WinMo/iPhone mmo game?

Yeah I remember the bit about their mobile phone job stuffs.

Wouldn't that be hilarious if all this hype is for a diablo side-scroller for cell phones :D

I can't see blizzard doing another full on pay to play mmo, because it would cut into their existing WoW fanbase. People aren't going to pay $15 for 2 different games because there just isn't the time available to justify doing so.

Many people pay more than $30 a month to subscribe to MMORPGS. Hell, I pay $60 for the wife and I.

If they charged $15 for one subscription, and $5 for each additional, I bet many WOW players would be more than happy to spend $20 a month.

god dammit blizzard, why must your marketing tactics be so effective yet release no real information!

http://www.diabloii.net/n/667423/diablo-3-announcement-at-wwi

Site getting hammered.

Text:

Diablo 3 Announcement at WWI
25th Jun 2008 04:56 PM GMT | Rushster | 13 comments
Tag this!

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.

Tags: announce, blizzard, diablo 3, wwi
Share - Digg Story - Del.icio.us - Furl - N4G

Well, you all wont be seeing me around for a few years when that hits. If it is anything like D2/LoD, I will be lost to all outside life for 4-7 years.

diablo 2 was one of the best rpg game imo. It had the best item system, it wasn't needlessly complicated/tedious like mmorpg nowadays with crafting

20 bucks says it's a new game.

Blizzard Brawl fighting game

edit: also forgot to add to rumors....I noticed they finally released a patch where you don't need the cd in. Maybe finally letting go and getting ready for D3? ;)

I really cant see blizzard launching a whole new franchise. That seems crazy when they have so much potential in three that are already launched.

I didn't actually like D2 as much as D1. Maybe I was incredibly dissapointed by 640x480 resolution (LOL) or the sprite-based characters, the lacklustre music, but I think my main reason was the change in atmosphere. I was genuinely creeped out by D1. There weren't too many places in D2 that gave me the shivvers.

One thing's for sure, if they make D3 I hope they don't drop the procedural item generation. I don't ever want to see a Hunters Bow of the Monkey and know immediately exactly what it is. Static item collections are boring. A bunch of uniques and lots of Sets are welcome, but I still want the chance to pick up a Rare with completely unique (irony!) stats. I want to have gear that's not the same as everyone else.

I didn't actually like D2 as much as D1. Maybe I was incredibly dissapointed by 640x480 resolution (LOL) or the sprite-based characters, the lacklustre music, but I think my main reason was the change in atmosphere. I was genuinely creeped out by D1. There weren't too many places in D2 that gave me the shivvers.

Damn and I thought I was a wuss when it comes to games. I can't play Doom3, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, F.E.A.R., etc when I'm alone cause they scare the hell outta me but I don't think I ever got scared in Diablo lol.

Yes, lets have items that are actually "UNIQUE" as in the rares pre D2 Xpac, where imbued items were godly, and rare drops were good. Once xpac came out, everybody had the same crappy uniques etc. And now, runewords.

One thing's for sure, if they make D3 I hope they don't drop the procedural item generation. I don't ever want to see a Hunters Bow of the Monkey and know immediately exactly what it is. Static item collections are boring. A bunch of uniques and lots of Sets are welcome, but I still want the chance to pick up a Rare with completely unique (irony!) stats. I want to have gear that's not the same as everyone else.

If I'm not mistaken the game got a bump to 800X600 with LoD? That was a VERY welcomed addition.

Back