Official Crysis 2 Thread

Well honestly I really don't know what cool-aid some of you were drinking here. To me the minute I found out, like 2 years ago C2 was going to be multiplatform, I knew they weren't going to push the boundries hard. There's simply no way they were going to take the verbal pounding they got from pc gamers regarding how the game was running like shit for even high end systems of the time. Second they wanted in on the console money. Did you really think you would get a boundry pushing high end PC kick ass exclusive game and still have it scale down to consoles? It hasn't been done yet and to my knowledge this is the closest anyone has come. This game arguably is the best looking console game to date, so they achieved their goal on the consoles. As far as PC, it looks good. No, not zomg this is light years better than C1/Wh but in all honesty it looks as good at times and other times better. It does feel alot smoother even when the same fps is being displayed in both games.

I liked the more open sand box feeling you get from the first 2 games don't get me wrong but that doesn't make this game suck or bad imo. This is fun in a different way compared to the first 2 and it does what it does pretty well and looks good doing it imo. Honestly I wish Crysis was still PC exclusive too but that's not the reality. The reality is Crytek is a business and as such they want as much money as possible. They aren't in business to make PC gamers cream their pants. They are in business to sell as many copies as possible and they will probably sell more copies of C2 then ever before.

The gamer in me likes this game and I like the overall feel of the game. The PC enthusist in me wishes it was a more PC centric, more open ended and more of a boundry pushing exclusive game but that's not the reality. What we have is a fun game if your a gamer first. If your not a gamer first your gonna probably be disappointed. That's the bottom line.

A lot of the complainers (and that, surprisingly, includes Kyle, though I can understand why in his case) are enthusiasts first, and hardware enthusiasts in particular.

Here's the difference between Kyle and the whiners - Kyle actually ADMITS that he's a hardware enthusiast. He minces no words about it.

It's why I can respect Kyle's opinion - despite honestly disagreeing with it. (It's also why I didn't put him in the crowd with the whiners.)

I'm a gamer first, and a hardware-enthusiast somewhere around third or fourth, though I've always built my own rigs. (That largely comes from coming into PCs via terminals for mainframes in the mid 1980s.) For me, a PC is a tool for a task first.

I like a good PC FPS - I go back to original Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. However, one thing that has galled me *in particular* about the PC FPS market is that, unlike the rest of the PC gaming genre, it has largely remained a *tweakers' paradise*. (It's almost as bad as writing or debugging mainframe COBOL code - which is what got me involved with PCs as terminals in the first place.) I got into gaming to "escape" that sort of BS - yet the FPS genre (for the PC) has stubbornly held onto it like a mule.

Through Windows 3.x. Through 9x. Even through NT (and XP, Vista, and almost to the first anniversary of 7).

Thank Ghu that Crytek has finally decided to banish the need for tweaking an FPS for the majority of players by designing an FPS that the average PC owner can simply install/activate/play with little to no fanfare.

What's really amazing that it was *Crytek* of all developers - a company with no history of writing average-PC-friendly games (FarCry certainly wasn't friendly to the average PC of its day, and Crysis was downright hostile) doing something that had never been done in the entire history of the first-person PC shooter. (I would have thought that id, Raven Software, Epic, or even Microsoft, would have taken on that challenge.)

Pure gamers (as opposed to hardware enthusiasts) largely don't relish tweaking. Those that used to write and debug programs for a living (and anyone that actively does so for a living today) would like it even less (too much a reminder of work!).

A pure gamer will largely enjoy Crysis 2 *because* of the lack of need to tweak the game on average hardware. Hardware enthusiasts, on the other hand, will loathe it for not taking advantage of high-end hardware features.

I think Kyle's opinion on Crysis 2 is basically horse shit but whatever, it doesn't matter.

I am about 3 hours in and the game is a lot of fun so far. It doesn't have the wide open feel of Crysis or Crysis:Warhead, but it does have a lot of ways you can do things and since my personal style is to stealth around and kill people from different angles, it is suiting me fine.

The story at this point still has me in the dark for the most part... hopefully it gets a lot better as we move into it more.

The game's shooter mechanics are spot on and very similar to the first game, however how much you enjoy the game will probably depend on how much you use your suit. If you crank up the difficulty and approach each situation like a separate "trial" that you need to do perfectly, you will have a lot of fun. If you blow through it like a regular FPS, you will miss most of what makes Crysis different (the suite powers) and it will just be an average FPS.

The graphics ARE easily the best out of any video game out there but they don't have the same "wow" factor that the original Crysis had when it came out, meaning they didn't raise the bar as high this time which sucks a bit if you were expecting them to go further like they did in the past.

On the flip side, I am getting very high frame (have yet to run Fraps, but seems to be 50-60fps on my Corei5 2500 with a GTX580) rates on my PC with all options maxed out and I have the latest in equipment. When Crysis came out, leading edge equipment didn't cut it, in fact, it took about a year before you could play the game maxed out at 40-50FPS at 1920x1200 if I remember correctly.

I expected to be disappointed and am happy I am not (so far). Its probably a worthy purchase if you are into FPS's, but ONLY if you push the difficulty up and try to use the suit powers to do everything perfectly.

What's really amazing that it was *Crytek* of all developers - a company with no history of writing average-PC-friendly games (FarCry certainly wasn't friendly to the average PC of its day, and Crysis was downright hostile) doing something that had never been done in the entire history of the first-person PC shooter. (I would have thought that id, Raven Software, Epic, or even Microsoft, would have taken on that challenge.)
That's been pretty much the entire point of the Source engine. Crank out graphics that, while not cutting edge, still look good, and have it run at 150fps on even modest machines.

A lot of the complainers (and that, surprisingly, includes Kyle, though I can understand why in his case) are enthusiasts first, and hardware enthusiasts in particular.

Here's the difference between Kyle and the whiners - Kyle actually ADMITS that he's a hardware enthusiast. He minces no words about it.

It's why I can respect Kyle's opinion - despite honestly disagreeing with it. (It's also why I didn't put him in the crowd with the whiners.)

I'm a gamer first, and a hardware-enthusiast somewhere around third or fourth, though I've always built my own rigs. (That largely comes from coming into PCs via terminals for mainframes in the mid 1980s.) For me, a PC is a tool for a task first.

I like a good PC FPS - I go back to original Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. However, one thing that has galled me *in particular* about the PC FPS market is that, unlike the rest of the PC gaming genre, it has largely remained a *tweakers' paradise*. (It's almost as bad as writing or debugging mainframe COBOL code - which is what got me involved with PCs as terminals in the first place.) I got into gaming to "escape" that sort of BS - yet the FPS genre (for the PC) has stubbornly held onto it like a mule.

Through Windows 3.x. Through 9x. Even through NT (and XP, Vista, and almost to the first anniversary of 7).

Thank Ghu that Crytek has finally decided to banish the need for tweaking an FPS for the majority of players by designing an FPS that the average PC owner can simply install/activate/play with little to no fanfare.

Pure gamers (as opposed to hardware enthusiasts) largely don't relish tweaking. Those that used to write and debug programs for a living (and anyone that actively does so for a living today) would like it even less (too much a reminder of work!).

A pure gamer will largely enjoy Crysis 2 *because* of the lack of need to tweak the game on average hardware. Hardware enthusiasts, on the other hand, will loathe it for not taking advantage of high-end hardware features.

I understand exactly what tyour saying bro, exactly. To be honest I'm as much a PC gamer as an enthusiast as well as most here. I don't spend a retarded amount of money on this hobby for it not to be used. So trust me I been hanging around this scene for years and I understand the mindset totally. In fact on most fronts I agree with them. However there's a big but coming....That is I know when I am fighting a losing battle and it does me no good to go piss in the wind, since we know what happens when you do that. So I have to make a decision at some point. Do I wanna continue to bitch and cry to devs/publishers who either don't give a shit or won't do anything to change it and not enjoy my gaming time? Or do I make the best of the situation and vote with my wallet? I buy what I enjoy and what makes sense and if I feel it's a game that's a total slap in the face to us pc gamers and not worthy of my money then I don't give them my money. Getting all emo and thinking irrationally won't get us anywhere. I realized a while ago all this pisssing and moaning only gets us to one place, that's no where. So either buy the game a nd enjoy it for what it is or don't why cry about it? I don't know I just seem to have found a peace with this whole thing I guess lol. Maybe I'm just getting older and I'm really starting to realize what's important and where I should spend my time.
I don't wanna spend the time I have to game bitching and crying...Thats's my 2 cents bro.

I highly doubt it only runs in DX9 mode.

Doubt all you want, but that won't change the fact. It is DX9-only right now. Crytek talked about patching it after launch...but that hasn't happened yet. Given Crytek's record with patching, I personally don't think it's going to happen.

I highly doubt it only runs in DX9 mode.

It does.

Where have you been for the last month? Rumors of that were swirling forever.

On release day, it was confirmed by several sources.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1156893p1.html

To be completely honest, we've never seen Crysis 2 in DirectX11, to my knowledge. Or, if we did, it didn't look appreciably different from the DirectX 9 version of the game shipping to retail and launching on services like Direct2Drive and Steam.

Doubt all you want, but that won't change the fact. It is DX9-only right now. Crytek talked about patching it after launch...but that hasn't happened yet. Given Crytek's record with patching, I personally don't think it's going to happen.

I apologize. I just thought people were upset it used DX10 instead of DX11. My fault for not reading into it properly. :(

Eight years ago I moved to Northeast Ohio (obviously Cleveland Browns country). One day I was browsing a local sports memorabilia shop in a mall. A little old lady came into the shop (presumably a lifelong Browns fan), looked around the shop and started to loudly complain because she was seeing more Steelers mechandise then Browns merchandise. I looked at her and joked the " can't blame the shop- you have to have what actually sells." She then looked at me and started a long rude tirade on how I should move back to Pittsburgh and get the hell out of Ohio. All of us are going to have to accept the fact that "it is what it is" right now when it comes to PC gaming and consoles- online multiplayer gaming and first person shooters are not exclusive to a PC anymore. It sucks- but I'm not sure what else can be done actually. You can't ignore the fact that the $$ is with consoles right now and I don't blame developers doing what they are doing. It's capitalism. It's a Catch-22 for PC gamers right now IMHO. If you don't by PC games then you slowly decrease the incentive for a developer to even consider bothering with the PC. Then again, if you buy the game you tell the developer you accept a dumbed down version of a console game. Either way PC gamers lose. However, I am certain that calling people names and telling someone to choke on a penis is not a way to promote PC gaming in a developer's eyes.

Last edited:
wait, so let me get this straight...

snip...

How does this make any sense on any level?

It's perfectly logical when the XBox 360 only uses DX9...........you can't use anything else on the console.......so you dumb down the PC capabilities.

Honestly, I never saw a DX10 effect that was like "Oh wow!!" anyway, nor has DX11 brought anything extra-ordinary yet, but that isn't the point.

However, I am certain that calling people names and making fun of a guy's penis is not a way to promote PC gaming in a developer's eyes.

Yes but it gets their attention. I do agree with what you had to say.....not to mention the Browns suck.

A

Then don't tweak? Just because most other games give users the option to adjust things to their liking doesn't mean you have to go in there and do it. It's not like there's been any FPSes that have come out recently that required more than picking Low/Medium/High if you didn't want to mess with the settings. Most games auto-configure now if selecting between the aforementioned Low/Medium/High is too much like COBOL. :rolleyes:

I can't think of a single PC game that's been released in the past couple of years that required you to tweak graphical options beyond setting the resolution. I don't even tweak; I go into the settings and set everything to max. ;)

Crysis 2 added to the pcgamingstandards.com database, there's some fixes linked for graphics and that fucking annoying non-linear mouse movement

All I can say is it sucked then.It sux now..And i knew once it was stuck in DX9 we as PC gamers were FUCKED!!!!...lol. they knew what they were doing and basicly made it for Consoles and just ported it over for us, tossed in a few bells and wistles and Called it a day. GAY!...

EXACTLY.

Is it is good as Crysis? Debatable. Is it one of the best looking games out right now even with only minor updates to the engine? HELL YES.

Other things I like - I appreciate not having to pop up a menu (by default) to trigger the suit features you use constantly.

So, when Crysis comes out *everyone* including the people here bitched about how it brought their machines to their knees even on half-assed settings. Now, Crytek specifically makes the game playable and still beautiful no matter WHAT bandwagonners want to say - and no, it really doesn't matter that it plays so well just because it was meant to be cross platform... and you bitch and moan about how betrayed you feel about it not beating the hell out of your thousand dollar video solution...

I swear, you don't even KNOW what you want.

Oh, and you can complain all you like about console ports and console style - but those console developers are subsidizing the dying PC genre and we as a community need to suck it up a bit.

The only thing I am annoyed with is the lack of promised dx11, but I'm even willing to give Crytek the benefit of the doubt and expect it in a future patch like they are now saying is going to happen.

Yea.... I'm with you on this one. I've been playing PC games since 1979 and love almost every genre out there. Played just about everything from mindless FPS's like Doom to 600-page manual monsters like Falcon 4.0 and the new DCS A-10. I think I have a pretty good gauge of what looks good and what doesn't.... subjective as this measurement obviously is. As a disclaimer, I'm playing this in 3D Vision.... and the stereoscopic implementation is off the charts great so that might be coloring my viewpoint of the graphics somewhat.

I'm sorry to disagree, but this game looks better than anything I've seen on the PC. Does it push PC hardware to the limit like Crysis did? Absolutely not. But so what? I'd love to complain from here to tomorrow about how only a VERY few games support my triple-head gaming setup. However.... the truth is, I make up about 1% of the PC market.... so as a business owner, I get the issue of allocating limited resources.

Truth is, the percentage of PC owners who could run a DX11 game are around 5%. So if I'm a business owner, that's gonna be a secondary priority to me. If they patch it up, bonus! They've just allocated resources to a tiny percentage of users.

Gameplay? As stated above, debatable IMHO whether better, same or worse than Crysis/Warhead. Warhead was good in my opinion.... original not as much. HL2 stills rules for me in this genre... although I have to say I enjoyed Metro 2032 immensely as well as both Bioshocks. My point being, however, that it does *not* "suck a flacid penis." Homefront???? THAT sucks a flacid penis. I want my money back on that piece of shit.

I made a post a few months ago about my disgust with the future of PC gaming going all console port. I vented my anger at the game developers that WE the PC gamers put on the map. Not the [H] members.
Basically I was torn apart by some of the members here for at least 10 pages until the post was eventually locked. That was 10 damn pages of ammunition for the game developers to keep on making console ports. They love seeing you defend them by telling me to stop whining and being a crybaby. Well your net rewards for backing the developers is this piece of shit game Crysis 2! They gave you what you wanted so stop complaining here. I never wanted this. Oh and FUCK all of you that were against me too.
For me, I already uninstalled the game, as well as homefront, black ops to name a few. I will hold out hope for BF3 because DICE has announced that it will be a PC game first and ported to console not from console. I will NOT hold my breath on that either.
I will just stick with ArmA 2 and mods for now and throw in some BF2 as well; 2 "true" PC games.

Man Kyle don't hold anything back. I'm not paying $60 for any frikin game when they first come out. It's ridiculous that we have to pay that much. :mad:

snip...

It's perfectly logical when the XBox 360 only uses DX9...........you can't use anything else on the console.......so you dumb down the PC capabilities.

Honestly, I never saw a DX10 effect that was like "Oh wow!!" anyway, nor has DX11 brought anything extra-ordinary yet, but that isn't the point.

Yes but it gets their attention. I do agree with what you had to say.....not to mention the Browns suck.

BUT BUT BUT it's the same game engine as Crysis 1. Which was Dx10, right?

Then don't tweak? Just because most other games give users the option to adjust things to their liking doesn't mean you have to go in there and do it. It's not like there's been any FPSes that have come out recently that required more than picking Low/Medium/High if you didn't want to mess with the settings. Most games auto-configure now if selecting between the aforementioned Low/Medium/High is too much like COBOL. :rolleyes:

I can't think of a single PC game that's been released in the past couple of years that required you to tweak graphical options beyond setting the resolution. I don't even tweak; I go into the settings and set everything to max. ;)

Thing is - how many PC FPS titles (aside from Half-Life and HL2, and thanks for mentioning Valve) didn't require you to tweak, even when set at Medium detail, just to have it look decent?

Also, how much grief has *Valve* taken for not using those features common to high-end PC hardware in the Source engine?

Valve (and now Crytek) are largely exceptions that prove the "rule" - the most vocal of critics in terms of PC FPS titles are hardware enthusiasts, as opposed to pure gamers.

All this talk about DX11, as though it's The Second Coming.

Of the DX11 titles installed on my system, not one of them, save for Metro, is noticeably better looking. The funny thing is that Metro is only noticeably better looking in DX11 because of the depth of field, but most people hate the depth of field. (Note that I'm not referring to the advanced depth of field - a lot of people don't seem to realize that the depth of field in Metro is a DX11 feature that's non existent in the DX9 mode).

Anyway, I'm not sure what you guys think cutting edge graphics are. When I look at the original Crysis, I see that the buildings are rudimentary, that the vehicles are blocky, and that the Korean soldiers are like cardboard cut outs. It just doesn't impress me. It looks like an old game to me. When I first launched it, two years ago, having heard so much about it, I originally thought that something was wrong. It was a major letdown. I even had to install a modded texture pack, because the default textures were downright fuzzy.

The shadows in Crysis 2, on the other hand, are amazingly well done, and as Heatlesssun said earlier, the geometry is just way more refined - all you have to do is look at the semi of the starting area to see that. There seems to be a lot going on as well - the world just doesn't seem static.

If you were to say to me, launch a title to demonstrate what my PC is capable of, I would show them either this title or a huge open battle from Shogun 2.

Ah well, in the end there's no accounting for taste, I suppose. Ten months ago I gave The Godfather films to my brother in law, and he finally gave them back to me - had he watched them... no, they weren't to his liking. Yeah whatever.

Havn't played the full game yet but it doesn't exactly inspire me with confidnece when one of the crytek chimps asks why we want a graphics options menu with advanced settings.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=777507#post777507

So it was ok to include it for farcry, crysis and warhead, but now they are asking why we want those options instead of dicking around with configs?

And for all their blabbing about how zomg amazing the ai is supposed to be, ive seen tons of complaints about how its thicker than shit, shoot a guy and others within a few feet fail to react to it?

All I can say is it sucked then.It sux now..And i knew once it was stuck in DX9 we as PC gamers were FUCKED!!!!...lol. they knew what they were doing and basicly made it for Consoles and just ported it over for us, tossed in a few bells and wistles and Called it a day. GAY!...

A company would have to want to commit financial suicide not to concentrate on consoles, but just because it's DX9 isn't doom and gloom for the PC.

The original Crysis was a fiasco because of it's high system specs. Nobody could run it properly when it came out to truly enjoy it. So people waited till they could, or pirated it to test it only to realize "well holy fuck I can't run this" and then waited. Sure it made a handful of people with dual 8800's happy that they could e-peen brag about it but it still didn't run well.

Not being able to run well is absolutely horrible for a game. In order to really appreciate Crysis SP, which actually was the point of it for most, you needed to see it in all it's glory, and up till recently very few people could.

If you want more PC games, PC games are going to have to sell well. Creating a whiz bang game that only runs on hardware that a minority of PC gamers actually have is a sure way to make sure sales aren't up to snuff and you piss people off.

Some companies, Valve/Blizzard, get this and create games that people can run well and those games do well. Others, Crytek, create games that don't run well and then are shocked when people get angry and don't buy it.

Crytek is getting smarter about it and didn't release a game that requires SLI 480/580's to actually run.

Aimed at all those people saying us PC gamers need to show some gratitude to the console market for saving the PC .

And the tone is F.U.

If the recent game releases in the last few years is any indication of how developers are using the console to bring life to the <sarcasm> dying pc market </sarcasm>

Then let the pc market die i dont want to play these same fps games over and over and over again i have been playing the same fps shooter ever since and before Half Life One !!

You console players come in here acting like you all know games, because your so leet at halo but that is all you have been playing.(regardless of the game name) that is all you have come to expect , your expectations is so low its appalling.
Any game that has some one running and gunning in it can be considered awesome by your definition, add two people running and gunning in the same game and OH MY GOD REVELATION !!!!

where is the innovation in gaming these days ?? well if you ask a console gamer its all on the console . one cookie cutter game after another is driving the whole industry.
Yet you want us true hardcore gamers to laud accolades on this tripe. We have been playing this for over 15 years!! Thats right 15 + freaking years of fps shooters and you console ravers are all hyped on halo and gears and cod . Its been done before its the same ol crap its just looks better.

So yeah the true hardcore among us are going to turn our nose up at these companies releasing mediocrity on to the masses. because we have truly been there done that and done it again .

what we really want is to be truly dazzled by new technology and new game engines that actually push the envelope of gaming beyond whats already been achieved .
Hell we have the new technology but where is the game engines that take advantage of it ? unfortunately the engineers are probably to busy trying to fit what should be a 5 gigabyte game into 512 megabytes. so yeah console are ruining gaming because it severely limiting the amount of creative minds from working on grand projects and instead has them playing mind games like how many clowns can fit into a yugo and still go. this very puzzle has probably set a large percentage of our software engineers back 20 years.

Despite all the mega hype that comes out of pr we are constantly disappointed by lackluster titles . To add insult to injury these titles are then either crippled or annoyingly buggy in some fashion. Yet gamers have been a forgiving bunch over the years, but frankly some of us are quite sick of it actually .

Spending billions of dollars on games helping make small start ups into mega corporations and then to be called a bunch of thieving pirates with unrealistic expectations . So yeah some of are a bit more demanding than others and rightfully so .
We have seen true awesomeness, and we elated in it, and therefore we have raised the bar . We demand more we pay for more and here lately were not getting more.

Console players have gladly shown they will take less and pay alot more for it .
(charge me monthly fees for multiplayer ?? YES Please !! Release a full complete game with all assests, but charge to make that content available YES Please !! Charge for a few extra maps YES Please !! Pay full price for the same game that you played last year ?? YES Please!!. Its absolutely sicking .

you want the true hardcore to accept the mediocre games that constantly come out and rave about them like its the holy grail of gaming . you want them to accept shoddy services, shoddy products, be subjected to more fees and smile about it. you want them to be happy with the current state of affairs. When all they want is just some true innovation in a stagnant environment thats been polluted by substandard quality so foul that the reek of it is mistaken as sweet ambrosia .

If all we are going to get from here on out is half finished mmo's, lack luster fps's, and dumbed down simplistic rpgs . Then i personally hope every major game studio goes belly up and the industry comes crashing down ala '83 . Because while you console lovers out there will be reminiscing about how great halo is . We will finally see the next true generation of gaming evolve and it will be on the PC from new start ups with true innovation and true hardcore gamers driving their development. Rather than excel spreadsheets and sycophants.

Well the console wins for now. But is Crysis2 really that bad? Especially compared to the original lame ass game? Tell me again why we needed rolling watermelons? And why is everyone so pissed about the price? You should be paying more for the PC version. They put alot more effort into accomadating everyones videocard, cpu, mainboard setup. That deserves a premium rihgt there. Not a friggin' discount.
As PC gaming dies, we should let it go in a diginfied way. We showed the world that gaming is for real. That is should be taken seriously. But like a nice latte, everyone wants in cheap, and then doesn't mind the poking the rest of the time.
If you think you have it bad now, wait for the stupid ass cloud computing to catch on where games are concerned. Then the Ipad will even kick our asses....:D

If you think you have it bad now, wait for the stupid ass cloud computing to catch on where games are concerned. Then the Ipad will even kick our asses....:D

If it's cloud based then the local device is irrelevant. As is the point about PC gaming dying. Up 20% last year and over $16 billion in revenue not to mention the revenue generated by the hardware, hardware that overall isn't sold at a loss like consoles.

LOL at anti console rants, most console gamers I know today started off with Doom, Wolf3d, Quake World back with me.

And there are innovate games on the PC, just not AAA blockbusters. Because AAA games cost bank to make and thus have to sell. You want innovation it's out there, it just doesn't come with the latest GFX. It comes from indie devs, and they are cranking out quality games.

Kyle's review is perhaps the most unprofessional piece of video game "journalism" (ha) I have read to this day. I am ashamed to be part of this community. You're all acting like a bunch of kids throwing a hissy fit. Don't like the product? Fine. Vote with your wallet. But don't pretend for one second that you're reviewing it in any unbiased fashion whatsoever. Arguments supporting your criticisms have simply amounted to substanceless whining.

That's rubbish. Everyone here is calling it as they see it.

Exactly. If I thought that game wasn't enjoyable or looked bad I'd say so, I have no interests in Crytek like the vast majority I would assume. If you agree with Kyle and others of his opinion fine, that's everyone's right. But to assume that others that think the game is good looking and enjoyable are somehow being less than honest is illogical. What on earth would be their motivation? Some tin-hat crap like Crytek or EA is paying them. Hardly.

After what Kyle said Crytek doesn't give a rats ass about his opinion or probably anyone else in this forum particularly if Yerli's overstuffed wallet becomes more so with targeting consoles.

If you can't beat them insulting sure as hell won't work either.

Looks like I wont be buying LOL, first thing my buddy said when he saw this was Bit torrent is the treatment console sellouts deserve. I'm not sure I share that sentiment, however once bit torrent is the solution to every scenario we get companies and games that turn out this way. At the end of the day it's about running a profitable company. When a company is bankrupt, having gamers look back on them with pride does nothing to put food on the table. Either way, I guess Crysis/Crysis warhead/ and Metro 2033 will remain the stress test for at least another year to come.

Kyle's review is perhaps the most unprofessional piece of video game "journalism" (ha) I have read to this day. I am ashamed to be part of this community. You're all acting like a bunch of kids throwing a hissy fit. Don't like the product? Fine. Vote with your wallet. But don't pretend for one second that you're reviewing it in any unbiased fashion whatsoever. Arguments supporting your criticisms have simply amounted to substanceless whining.

After reading that - I have to agree. Kyle's talks about his son... What would he think if he read what his father wrote in the words or Yerli should choke on his 'dick of a game'. How can such an 'article' have any credibility amongst other website's reviews (even the ones which bash the game) which such vocabulary? This is all blowing to unbelievable proportions...

Last edited:

Review:
Graphics suck.
Gameplay is old hat
Promises not executed

Verdict: Fail.

What else do you need to know?

Aimed at all those people saying us PC gamers need to show some gratitude to the console market for saving the PC .

And the tone is F.U.

If the recent game releases in the last few years is any indication of how developers are using the console to bring life to the <sarcasm> dying pc market </sarcasm>

Then let the pc market die i dont want to play these same fps games over and over and over again i have been playing the same fps shooter ever since and before Half Life One !!

You console players come in here acting like you all know games, because your so leet at halo but that is all you have been playing.(regardless of the game name) that is all you have come to expect , your expectations is so low its appalling.
Any game that has some one running and gunning in it can be considered awesome by your definition, add two people running and gunning in the same game and OH MY GOD REVELATION !!!!

where is the innovation in gaming these days ?? well if you ask a console gamer its all on the console . one cookie cutter game after another is driving the whole industry.
Yet you want us true hardcore gamers to laud accolades on this tripe. We have been playing this for over 15 years!! Thats right 15 + freaking years of fps shooters and you console ravers are all hyped on halo and gears and cod . Its been done before its the same ol crap its just looks better.

So yeah the true hardcore among us are going to turn our nose up at these companies releasing mediocrity on to the masses. because we have truly been there done that and done it again .

what we really want is to be truly dazzled by new technology and new game engines that actually push the envelope of gaming beyond whats already been achieved .
Hell we have the new technology but where is the game engines that take advantage of it ? unfortunately the engineers are probably to busy trying to fit what should be a 5 gigabyte game into 512 megabytes. so yeah console are ruining gaming because it severely limiting the amount of creative minds from working on grand projects and instead has them playing mind games like how many clowns can fit into a yugo and still go. this very puzzle has probably set a large percentage of our software engineers back 20 years.

Despite all the mega hype that comes out of pr we are constantly disappointed by lackluster titles . To add insult to injury these titles are then either crippled or annoyingly buggy in some fashion. Yet gamers have been a forgiving bunch over the years, but frankly some of us are quite sick of it actually .

Spending billions of dollars on games helping make small start ups into mega corporations and then to be called a bunch of thieving pirates with unrealistic expectations . So yeah some of are a bit more demanding than others and rightfully so .
We have seen true awesomeness, and we elated in it, and therefore we have raised the bar . We demand more we pay for more and here lately were not getting more.

Console players have gladly shown they will take less and pay alot more for it .
(charge me monthly fees for multiplayer ?? YES Please !! Release a full complete game with all assests, but charge to make that content available YES Please !! Charge for a few extra maps YES Please !! Pay full price for the same game that you played last year ?? YES Please!!. Its absolutely sicking .

you want the true hardcore to accept the mediocre games that constantly come out and rave about them like its the holy grail of gaming . you want them to accept shoddy services, shoddy products, be subjected to more fees and smile about it. you want them to be happy with the current state of affairs. When all they want is just some true innovation in a stagnant environment thats been polluted by substandard quality so foul that the reek of it is mistaken as sweet ambrosia .

If all we are going to get from here on out is half finished mmo's, lack luster fps's, and dumbed down simplistic rpgs . Then i personally hope every major game studio goes belly up and the industry comes crashing down ala '83 . Because while you console lovers out there will be reminiscing about how great halo is . We will finally see the next true generation of gaming evolve and it will be on the PC from new start ups with true innovation and true hardcore gamers driving their development. Rather than excel spreadsheets and sycophants.

Yup. The PC gamer has shown they want everything, aside from hardware, for free.Add-ons and services. Entitlements and subsidies come to mind here. Ethanol anyone?
The console gamer is like you, but in reverse. They want a reasonable entry price and do not mind paying more. Reliabiltiy is paramount in the console gaming world. Shame on the M$ RROD fiasco.They want intergrity in their data retention, such as saved games. They want the game to work the first time and everytime after that. They also want to know that in a five year or so period, every game released for their platform will run on the platform.
Is that true in the PC gaming space? Nope. You will get the bottom of the barrel in a five year period, if that.

So how many half finished mmos are on the PC?;) How many shallow point and click games are on the PC?:eek: How many browser based games are on the PC? Goodness me.
Now how many of all of those are on the consoles combined???:confused: Exactly.

Oh and yes 15 years and some on the PC. Quake 2 deathmatch. Not that was the shit. At the time. Now because of LIVE MARKET PLACE I can play this online from my couch to so my kids what the old man played so many years ago. And we can share the screen in split screen mode.
Like My Space and FaceBook, gaming has become much more social and less solitary. For most people anyway.:eek: So the sharing abilities of these accursed machines is a nice touch the PC has yet to bring forth. It has tried several times, but never caught on.

Now this is innovation. Playing Halo(2,3,ODST,Reach) and even, finally COD Black Ops together with someone online. Together on one machine one screen. You guys against the world. This is priceless. And this is taking over. So face it until the PC cathces up, PC gaming is gonna die.
It should be so easy to change PC gaming. But people like you stuck in the past and very narrow in scope of what gaming should be, will not let up. Social gaming in front of a big screen should be super easy with the PC. Tons of power, tons of data pipe lines. But is stuck in a rut. And in a rut is where it will flounder and eventually pass on.:(

I don't get it. There are lots of titles that many people wouldn't pay for or play.

Why does this one get extra hate? Did everyone pre-order or something?

If it's cloud based then the local device is irrelevant. As is the point about PC gaming dying. Up 20% last year and over $16 billion in revenue not to mention the revenue generated by the hardware, hardware that overall isn't sold at a loss like consoles.

Yeah PC gaming as a whole is not dead. You are right. Just the hardcore is getting it's ass kicked. :eek:

Back