Official Crysis 2 Thread

AI maybe is dodgy 10% of the time when they land grenades at their own feet, but silenced weapons should do crap damage at range and your cloak should be unreliable if you don't know how to use it ( e.g uncloak - recloak right in front of an enemy ) cloak in crysis 1 was way too reliable and the whole game was so easy and imbalanced thanks to the overpowered nanosuit that i finished it in less than 6 hours at delta difficulty, even Doomlord's AI tweaks didn't help much. It was a design issue mostly.

The new patch added some nice features for us. I gotta hand it to Crytek they're doing an excellent job of meeting the community requested changes and getting them out in a reasonable time. I think the game's been patched 3 or 4 in 2 weeks and the patches all brought quite a few changes.

I am enjoying this game. MP is a nice change of pace. Whether or not I'll still be playing after Brink ships is yet to be seen.

The release is a complete clusterfuck, everything from MP to their website is buggy as hell.

And their other games weren't? I've not seen anything "buggy" about mycrysis other then when they pulled their servers down, web included, to do maintenance post launch. My MP Key is sticking, my rank is saved and I've not experienced any crashing or anything. My two cents but they're doing a good job imo.

And their other games weren't? I've not seen anything "buggy" about mycrysis other then when they pulled their servers down, web included, to do maintenance post launch. My MP Key is sticking, my rank is saved and I've not experienced any crashing or anything. My two cents but they're doing a good job imo.

Not on this scale, especially after there having been a public "beta". :rolleyes:

Are numerous user reports confirming that mycrysis is fubared, serials are not working, DLC codes are not working, network connection errors, MP stats resetting or not tracking, hackers, etc.

Not on this scale, especially after there having been a public "beta". :rolleyes:

Are numerous user reports confirming that mycrysis is fubared, serials are not working, DLC codes are not working, network connection errors, MP stats resetting or not tracking, hackers, etc.

Other than the serials not working, sounds like COD.

and if you browse the forums there's fixes for plenty of those things. I used the keyfix and it works perfectly after doing so. They also have a fix for DLC codes but wait....mycrysis is fubared so that doesn't help you anyways. :rolleyes:

They've fixed the stats issue as well but hey, haters love to hate.

For the lazy. http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12386

and if you browse the forums there's fixes for plenty of those things. I used the keyfix and it works perfectly after doing so. They also have a fix for DLC codes but wait....mycrysis is fubared so that doesn't help you anyways. :rolleyes:

They've fixed the stats issue as well but hey, haters love to hate.

For the lazy. http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12386

Talking about lazy, maybe you should read the following 175 pages of user complaints :rolleyes:

Talking about lazy, maybe you should read the following 175 pages of user complaints :rolleyes:

Most of those complaints are either fixed or being fixed. Stop exaggerating. Every game as far as I can think back has issues the first few weeks of launch but somehow it's cool for the l33t's to cry about it cause it's crytek and zomg noes!!111! crysis 2 is such a zomg bad console port. Get over it. They have and are addressing the issues, sorry to burst your bubble. If there's still issues that aren't fixed I'm sure they will be soon. If you stay informed with what's going on you would feel differently. Oh but wait, if you stayed informed you wouldn't be able to complain anymore and that's not a good thing amirite? :rolleyes:

I finished Crysis 2 on Post-Human Warrior and I found it, well, not very hard. I died about 10 times over my playthrough, and it was definitely fun, but nothing put up much resistance (and I was unstoppable once I had the grendel and single-shot selected) Are there any console commands for difficulty?

On a side note, the friendly AI could definitely hold its own in a firefight. While I was taking out the larger threats, the soldiers were cleaning out grunts (hell, one helped take out a pinger mech for me) I was a one-man army in an army of many.

On a side note, the friendly AI could definitely hold its own in a firefight. While I was taking out the larger threats, the soldiers were cleaning out grunts (hell, one helped take out a pinger mech for me) I was a one-man army in an army of many.

I did like that. You felt like your team mates were somewhat useful and not walking meatshield-bullet sponges. They pulled aggro like they should, and were decently smart. Every once in a while one would get left out in the open, but normally would use cover well.

That one section in the valley where you take down your first dropship, though. they didn't last long, lol.

When is there not fucking complaints about a game being released? How many of those complaints are actual people with legitimate issues? How many of those people actually tried the provided fixes? How many of those people just decided to hop on the bitch bandwagon because it's cool to hate on Crysis 2 and Crytek even though they've shipped a more stable, solid FPS than anything that's been released in the past two years.

The kicker for me is, they're actually listening...they took out auto-aim due to incessant bitching (even though it only affected controllers that were plugged in). They added toggles for crouch and ads. They fixed gui issues for MULTIMONITOR setups. I'm sure there's more but if you care to continue on with your jaded hate that's cool with me but don't rebuttal me with bullshit like that. Also, I did read a lot of the user complaints and a lot of those magical 175 posts pertain to DX11, bashing or stupid fucking questions.

At least its good to know when i buy this at the <$30 price bin on steam it'll be patched.

Are these skill testing questions, for a prize?

When is there not fucking complaints about a game being released?

Never?

How many of those complaints are actual people with legitimate issues?

None?

How many of those people actually tried the provided fixes?

Nobody?

How many of those people just decided to hop on the bitch bandwagon because it's cool to hate on Crysis 2 and Crytek even though they've shipped a more stable, solid FPS than anything that's been released in the past two years.

Everyone?

Did I win the prize!

I'm holding out for the CryEngine 3 SandBox editor, if it ever comes. It came with the leaked beta but not the final game. :(

I'd really like for it to come, there's been some amazing custom levels made with the CryEngine 2 editor which I've had a lot of fun with. I want to see the same for the sequel but not counting on it, especially due to it being completely consolified, the game industry in general would rather sell us DLC than let us make custom content. :mad:

When is there not fucking complaints about a game being released? How many of those complaints are actual people with legitimate issues? How many of those people actually tried the provided fixes? How many of those people just decided to hop on the bitch bandwagon because it's cool to hate on Crysis 2 and Crytek even though they've shipped a more stable, solid FPS than anything that's been released in the past two years.

The kicker for me is, they're actually listening...they took out auto-aim due to incessant bitching (even though it only affected controllers that were plugged in). They added toggles for crouch and ads. They fixed gui issues for MULTIMONITOR setups. I'm sure there's more but if you care to continue on with your jaded hate that's cool with me but don't rebuttal me with bullshit like that. Also, I did read a lot of the user complaints and a lot of those magical 175 posts pertain to DX11, bashing or stupid fucking questions.

Exactly.

The more I've gotten into this game the more I like it and the more I think a lot of the hate and bellyaching is just way overblown.

In truth, the single player game is good. If the game was never called Crysis 2, the bitching would drop to 0.1%.

Exactly.

The more I've gotten into this game the more I like it and the more I think a lot of the hate and bellyaching is just way overblown.

And i especially like the easter egg. True, the song is different from the youtube video, but the easter egg is there anyway :D.

In truth, the single player game is good. If the game was never called Crysis 2, the bitching would drop to 0.1%.

The single player is a meh at best...

It's a typical straight forward fps game..

You get objective, then you follow to your destination. and enemy occasionally spawning to stop you in some non sense way...All set up with the stage and environment..etc

Nothing surprise in general, unlike Crysis 1, where you walk around the whole Island and do some crazy stuff around, such as blow up those cabinet or w/e you see....
I definitely miss putting tons of gasoline tank into the building or garbage truck......

It just the game does not live up and does not follow what Crysis was intended to do..

If its not using the name "Crysis", I highly doubt this game will even sold half of the current sales...

The single player is a meh at best...

It's a typical straight forward fps game..

You get objective, then you follow to your destination. and enemy occasionally spawning to stop you in some non sense way...All set up with the stage and environment..etc

Nothing surprise in general, unlike Crysis 1, where you walk around the whole Island and do some crazy stuff around, such as blow up those cabinet or w/e you see....
I definitely miss putting tons of gasoline tank into the building or garbage truck......

It just the game does not live up and does not follow what Crysis was intended to do..

If its not using the name "Crysis", I highly doubt this game will even sold half of the current sales...

Honestly I feel Crysis 2 is a better GAME than Crysis 1 by a long shot. Crysis 1 was "meh" and wouldn't have gotten half the sales if it wasn't a) made by Crytek, b) basically a huge tech demo.

Listen? Listen to what?

Auto-aim is console settings, it should never exist on PC and ever be on PC when K/M is present.
Toggles are there for first game, why the hell they remove it in first place? Yet, Console Port that is the reason to begin with.
Changing "Press start to Begin" back to where it should, that should be done before they even release a freaking beta. Even more clearer to be a direct 360 port.
GUI issues are their problem, they should have fix it before release in first place..

I paid 60 dollar for a game on "PC", they better deliver something that worth it, not some shit that direct port from consoles and trying to fix every single problem in between.

There is nothing amazing about Crysis 2 compare to Crysis 1 in all aspect.

It is understandable when Crysis 1 came out buggy, since its a entire new engine with its graphic that jumps at least a 1-2 years ahead of its time.
But for Crysis 2? NO way that is understandable. The rank server issue still there SINCE beta, and haven't fix yet.. The Server browser still act like shit, and still haven't fix yet. The single player nano shards amount reset to 0 still haven't fix yet. The memory leak issue that cause stutter is still haven't fix yet.

You call Crysis 2 a stable game? I can't stop laughing to be honest...

I can't believe that this game actually inspired such an immature rant by [H] staff on the front page. Yeah yeah we get it you hope that everyone connected to the game dies in a fire. Well I liked the game quite a bit, more enjoyable straight out of the box than Crysis (1) could ever hope to be. Just laughing my ass off here guys, so keep the hate coming it's really entertaining for anyone with a sense of humor :p

I don't understand why people say a bit of linearity is bad for a game. Crysis 1 was open ended, yeah, and you could go through a mission a thousand different ways, but ALL OF THEM WERE BORING. I can attack them from behind a bush over here, or from behind a bush over there. Or maybe I'll take the tree route this time, or maybe the high grass route. Big fucking whoop, it's semantics. What you call open ended I call masked repetition.

At least with Crysis 2 the choices you have, although less numerous than the first game, are magnitudes more enjoyable.

I'm just grateful they released it on PC at all and I don't have to play at sub 720p or whatever it is on XBOX. They could have pulled a Halo 3...

I don't understand why people say a bit of linearity is bad for a game. Crysis 1 was open ended, yeah, and you could go through a mission a thousand different ways, but ALL OF THEM WERE BORING. I can attack them from behind a bush over here, or from behind a bush over there. Or maybe I'll take the tree route this time, or maybe the high grass route. Big fucking whoop, it's semantics. What you call open ended I call masked repetition.

At least with Crysis 2 the choices you have, although less numerous than the first game, are magnitudes more enjoyable.

There is truth to this. What I find disappointing, though, is that all the ranting and defending - both sides - is anchored in comparisons to Crysis 1. Frankly, fuck Crysis 1. Look at Warhead. That game showed the benefits of iteration like few others. It was better optimized, more directed, more polished, better acted, and better looking.

I would have been happier with Crysis 2 if they didn't show manifest signs of laziness ("press start"; no lean; no toggle and crouch options at first) and if they actually had something to show for all their brouhaha about an improved story. What fucking story? It was a joke.

If that stuff had been done right, I and others could have overlooked the DX11 bullshit and graphical regression more readily.

I'm just grateful they released it on PC at all and I don't have to play at sub 720p or whatever it is on XBOX. They could have pulled a Halo 3...

^This. Consolization is something that PC gamers are just going to have to accept with they want any games to play on the PC. There's still a TON of advantages to PC gaming even with consolized games.

Listen? Listen to what?

Auto-aim is console settings, it should never exist on PC and ever be on PC when K/M is present.
Toggles are there for first game, why the hell they remove it in first place? Yet, Console Port that is the reason to begin with.
Changing "Press start to Begin" back to where it should, that should be done before they even release a freaking beta. Even more clearer to be a direct 360 port.
GUI issues are their problem, they should have fix it before release in first place..

I paid 60 dollar for a game on "PC", they better deliver something that worth it, not some shit that direct port from consoles and trying to fix every single problem in between.

There is nothing amazing about Crysis 2 compare to Crysis 1 in all aspect.

It is understandable when Crysis 1 came out buggy, since its a entire new engine with its graphic that jumps at least a 1-2 years ahead of its time.
But for Crysis 2? NO way that is understandable. The rank server issue still there SINCE beta, and haven't fix yet.. The Server browser still act like shit, and still haven't fix yet. The single player nano shards amount reset to 0 still haven't fix yet. The memory leak issue that cause stutter is still haven't fix yet.

You call Crysis 2 a stable game? I can't stop laughing to be honest...

Auto-aim was not on when using a KB and mouse even when ticked. It only effects connected controllers.

Don't really care about the press start to begin, techincally, enter is the start button. :p

I don't know if you have a multimonitor setup but there's plenty of recent games that have GUI or multi monitor issues and it seems to me support is pretty much meh. At least they fixed it and are obviously testing with it. Pretty PC specific feature if you ask me. Server browse isn't any worse than any other game using gamespy or alot of new titles. The only thing it is missing is a refresh button and it's fucking stupid that it's not there.

I've not experienced any stuttering, but why not post and see if they fix it? Crysis 2, for me and a lot of other readers it seems, is infinitely more stable than Crysis was in it's firth month. There were tons of crash to desktop errors, campaign breaking bugs, memory leaks that caused crashing, and absolutely abysmal multi-GPU scaling which didn't stop sucking until about 6 months after release and a huge amount of work on nvidia and the former ATi's part.

Crysis as it stands now is a pretty solid game. Multi-gpu scaling is improved, the unoptimized myth has been busted as it has scaled extremely well with the 3 generations of GPU's released since it's launch.

Crysis 2 is definitely a better experience OOB than Crysis was on a technical level. Yeah you're right somethings should of been there by default but they are listening it seems and that's more than I can say for a lot of other developers. I am not saying and never have felt that everyone should love Crysis 2 or that it's a better game than Crysis 1 they are the same in spirit but have much different pacing,style and their own merits.

I just feel all the HATE is incredibly overblown and was fueled by a small number of people and most people are bandwagoners. I've seen quite a few people who were ripping on it at launch post some positive things in this and other threads.

"I paid 60 dollar for a game on "PC", they better deliver something that worth it, not some shit that direct port from consoles and trying to fix every single problem in between. "

I hate to say it but you must not have purchased many of the recent releases and in relation to a lot of those games you can take out the following: " trying to fix every single problem in between."

It's very rare these days that Dev's actually listen to their communities and change things accordingly.

Finally got to play MP. I called EA and they gave me another CD Key so that I could make a new account and play till the current snafu with the Log in issue is fixed.

How is multiplayer these days? Is it better than the beta, and have the camping cloakers fucked off back to Black Ops yet?

Honestly I feel Crysis 2 is a better GAME than Crysis 1 by a long shot. Crysis 1 was "meh" and wouldn't have gotten half the sales if it wasn't a) made by Crytek, b) basically a huge tech demo.

+1. I love Crysis and Warhead, but as a game Crysis 2 is the better of the three.

I agree. I know some people loved the so called open-ness of Crysis 1, to me I just saw it as me here, objective there, and a bunch of guys in between. BUT ZOMG YOU COULD HANDLE THEM HOWEVER YOU WANT!! Personally I didn't see it that way. To me it either came down to gunning them down or sneaking around or some mixture of the two... I didn't get my jollies out of replaying the same encounter except this time attacking from the south east instead of the south west! In my eyes Crysis 2 offers plenty of encounters where you have basically the same options as Crysis 1, sneaking, flanking, gunning. The only thing really been lost is the ability to load up a vehicle with C4 and drive it in as there aren't many vehicles just sitting around in Crysis 2.

There is truth to this. What I find disappointing, though, is that all the ranting and defending - both sides - is anchored in comparisons to Crysis 1. Frankly, fuck Crysis 1. Look at Warhead. That game showed the benefits of iteration like few others. It was better optimized, more directed, more polished, better acted, and better looking.

I disagree. I prefered and still prefer the first Crysis over Warhead. "Optimised" = "dumbed down", Crysis 1 was a better looking game on the same engine and thus performed worse. Polished? mmm, they both seemed equally poorly polished to me, though Warhead had a better pacing to it IMO.

Warhead's design was far better, with a great mix of human and alien enemies rather than Crysis' "first 50% human, last 50% alien" approach. Also, Psycho.

Still, I'm going to maintain that the first half of Crysis is the best Crysis experience so far. It's the horrid second-half that drags the whole score down.

It's the horrid second-half that drags the whole score down.

The alien section of Crysis 1 to me was much better than the first half of the game but it was considerably more technically demanding as well which I think caused a lot of angst for people. To me then Crysis 1, Warhead and 2 represent the best looking and most fun sci-fi shooters outside of HL2 I've ever played. Just good basic fun that looks good as well. If the name Crysis is on it I'm going to buy it. I think that a lot of folks around here think that everyone wants a new super revolutionized gaming experience with every game released. People like me just want to take a game play 30 minutes at a time and then do other things. I don't want to spend a ton of time learning to play or developing skillz, I just want to have fun. I believe that this is the bulk of the gaming public and why a franchise like CoD has done so well. Just fun basic game play. Nothing fancy or over thought or complex. It's why a game like Portal is great. Simple to play though it takes a little thought.

The alien section of Crysis 1 to me was much better than the first half of the game but it was considerably more technically demanding as well which I think caused a lot of angst for people. To me then Crysis 1, Warhead and 2 represent the best looking and most fun sci-fi shooters outside of HL2 I've ever played. Just good basic fun that looks good as well. If the name Crysis is on it I'm going to buy it. I think that a lot of folks around here think that everyone wants a new super revolutionized gaming experience with every game released. People like me just want to take a game play 30 minutes at a time and then do other things. I don't want to spend a ton of time learning to play or developing skillz, I just want to have fun. I believe that this is the bulk of the gaming public and why a franchise like CoD has done so well. Just fun basic game play. Nothing fancy or over thought or complex. It's why a game like Portal is great. Simple to play though it takes a little thought.

The sci-fi element didn't particularly appeal to me. I do like sci-fi, but I just loved the huge stealth opportunities the first half of the game provided. I love games where stealth is a powerful option and can be used as a weapon, rather than "three detections and it's game over" games where stealth is just a restriction. It was one of the reasons I loved Arkham Asylum so much.

Crysis 2's alien sections were way better (to me, at least) since it still allowed a good degree of stealth and tactical freedom. Sneaking up on the heavy-type aliens in cloak mode and slapping C4 on their backs was very fun...much more fun that shooting the all-seeing, dance-in-the-air aliens of Crysis.

The sci-fi element didn't particularly appeal to me. I do like sci-fi, but I just loved the huge stealth opportunities the first half of the game provided. I love games where stealth is a powerful option and can be used as a weapon, rather than "three detections and it's game over" games where stealth is just a restriction. It was one of the reasons I loved Arkham Asylum so much.

Crysis 2's alien sections were way better (to me, at least) since it still allowed a good degree of stealth and tactical freedom. Sneaking up on the heavy-type aliens in cloak mode and slapping C4 on their backs was very fun...much more fun that shooting the dance-in-the-air aliens of Crysis.

You know what, I never tried that method for taking out one of the big aliens in Crysis 2. I always just got myself in position using cloak, then swapped to armour and aimed for the head, running behind cover again if necessary.

But yeah, I think the level design in Warhead was better than Crysis 1, but I prefered the graphics and optimisation of Crysis 1 to Warhead. Warhead to me just looked like a bad custom config. There was an ugly SSAO filter that made the entire screen look grainy, occasionally things would "glow" from an imbalanced SSAO, the lighting was too extreme and the texture LOD filter was far worse (and the texture LOD in the first game wasn't terribly good anyway!).

As far as the aliens in Crysis 1 were concerned, I had no issue with the change in pacing, though I didn't like fighting the aliens in general, well, because they were just annoying to fight. Damn little flying squids.

Crysis 2's alien sections were way better (to me, at least) since it still allowed a good degree of stealth and tactical freedom. Sneaking up on the heavy-type aliens in cloak mode and slapping C4 on their backs was very fun...much more fun that shooting the all-seeing, dance-in-the-air aliens of Crysis.

I pretty much agree with this. While Crysis 2 is less open than the previous Crysis games I think the actually game play is more interesting because the nanosuit feels more useful. Cloaking is far more useful in 2 though speed and strength aren't.

I finished the game in 8 hours. I must say that it was fun! However, SPOILER ALERT, the ending was really not exciting at all. Just press "F", crawl, and jump....alien died....hahaha

Back