oem Maxtor sata 250gb 16mb buffer HDD

Tenchi4U said:
But they still need to face the consequences of their mistake.

To err is human...yet as humans we pass judgement and punish millions for so called "errors" or mistakes?

man... maybe its just me... but:

a) can't you forgive someone for making a mistake? it's not a fucking crime... and i'm positive they did pay for it... many of you won't be shopping there again...

there's your learning experience.

b) ugh... i'm from the school of thought that people shouldn't be judgemental. so if you really think that, even tho i strongly believe you're wrong, i won't argue w/ you about it and respect that u think that way.

Summoner said:
Maybe when you order something and the company takes your money but doesnt deliver you'll change your opinion. :rolleyes:

everyone knew this price was too good to be true and most likely a mistake...

sure, i buy things off hot deals really often.... but let's compare it to a real life scenario:

u go to a football game and u ask the hot dog guy:
"how much for a big box of cracker jax?"

he replies "fifty"

so you go "sweet, i'll take 10" and give him a 5 dllr bill

he then tells u "sorry, i meant a buck fifty" (or "Sorry, I'm all out" - or your favorite quote)

he'll give you your money back if you decide not to buy it at the correct price...
same thing happens online... it just takes a lot longer because of the nature of the transactions and business. you KNEW it was too good to be true, you KNEW that there was a chance of exactly THIS happening... and you took it, and true, we were all hoping for our drives at that price... but it didnt happen...

another example:
can you really go after the grocery's store corporate office because one of the employees labelled something w/ the wrong price tag and when u got up to the cashier she realized that the price was way off?
(this used to be possible before barcodes and computers)

anyways... yah, this is gettin too long.

hooligan

Its not so much the deal now as they took my money on the 20th, failed to give me anything for my cash and now wont refund until the drive is back with them and they open the box (not happened yet).

They are holding your funds hostage for a transaction they claim was never made... because if it was made, you never authorized the return. They have to make up their mind: The money or the drive. They have to surrender one of them. Either there was a mistake and even though it was in FedEx's hands, no transaction was made, and thus they owe you a refund NOW, or there was a transaction, and they stepped out of their bounds and forced you to return it without consulting you, in which case they owe you a drive. They can't have their cake and eat it too...

Hooligan said:
another example:
can you really go after the grocery's store corporate office because one of the employees labelled something w/ the wrong price tag and when u got up to the cashier she realized that the price was way off?
(this used to be possible before barcodes and computers)

As it's been stated before, yes, I most certainly can. Michigan laws make it so I don't even have to press the issue. They are legally obligated and they all know better than to try and pull a fast one. For all those blowing a heart valve, you need to calm down. For all those defending the company, you need to wake up. The company screwed up royally, and from what I've read there are means for legal backlash here if those that placed orders are pissed enough to file papers. Still, I personally wouldn't bo one filing... The negative press they've gotten here alone is more than damaging, and now they have extremely poor online ratings everywhere you look. Your work is done, call it a day.

Did Anybody else get theirs? I set mine up and setup a 500 gig raid-0 last night, these are really fast drives. Love the 16 meg cache.

For those who did not receive the HDD, if they charged you and will not reimburse.

1. Please Stop Bitching and Do Something
Everytime there is a pricing mistake most people go crazy bitching and threatening a class action suit. Do you really want to pay for the legal fees if you lose? For those people: get over yoursleves, it is a freaking pricing mistake, if you owned a small business and it happened to you, WTF would you do, loose (possibly) thousands of dollars or cancel the orders?
2. Contact ChiefValue or whatever that shitty company is and try to work it out.
1-888-611-4165
[email protected]
732-967-8811

If they don't want to work something out:
2. Contact your bank and/or credit card company and file a fraud report.
3. Contact the District Atorney for South River, NJ (I don't feel like looking it up)
4. Contact your local FBI Field Office, if they can't help you, they can probably refer you to someone who can.
5. File an Internet Fraud Report with IFCC: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

6. PLEASE POST IN www.resellerratings.com
That company currently has a 9.17: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6374.html
Kick them where it hurts!

vbrtrmn said:
6. PLEASE POST IN www.resellerratings.com
That company currently has a 9.17: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6374.html
Kick them where it hurts!
Ok, resellerratings is playing fast and loose with the rating system. I know that their score was much lower than this over the weekend. It looks like they backed out the recent reviews that hit when they had FedEx return the drives in midshipment.

If resellerratings does not count legitimate complaints, then what good is it? It looks like ChiefValue was able to affect their scoring through either pressure or intimidation. If they are a part of NewEgg and NewEgg brought pressure, that will make me radically re-evaluate both NewEgg and whether resellerratings is truly useful.

my .02

xxiv

Unbelievable!

They finally do an RMA refund on the drive today, and... keep the shipping fee! They want to recover the $4 that they charged me for Fed Ex shipping on a drive i never got on an order i didnt cancel!

This just keeps getting worse and worse :mad:

Summoner said:
Unbelievable!

They finally do an RMA refund on the drive today, and... keep the shipping fee! They want to recover the $4 that they charged me for Fed Ex shipping on a drive i never got on an order i didnt cancel!

This just keeps getting worse and worse :mad:

Oh... thats bad.

I'd be pretty pissed.

sorry man. :mad:

unit24 said:
Ok, resellerratings is playing fast and loose with the rating system. I know that their score was much lower than this over the weekend. It looks like they backed out the recent reviews that hit when they had FedEx return the drives in midshipment.

If resellerratings does not count legitimate complaints, then what good is it? It looks like ChiefValue was able to affect their scoring through either pressure or intimidation. If they are a part of NewEgg and NewEgg brought pressure, that will make me radically re-evaluate both NewEgg and whether resellerratings is truly useful.

my .02

xxiv

See, this is one of the reasons that I don't completely trust businesses, even those listed on resellerratings. While I agree with their policy about price mistakes, they need to remember that "blanket policies" don't work. You have to look at each situation and analyze it at that time. If it was just a pricing mistake and they caught it before they shipped that would be one thing. Once the item has shipped, the sale has been finalized and they should not be able to recall the shipment. Any comments on resellerratings that complain that thier drive never shipped should be omitted, but any relating to the fact that the package was rerouted should apply because they failed on their responsibility after the transaction was finished.

As to the poster that lost the shipping, I would definitely call them up and complain to a supervisor (just skip the front line support completely).

So some people got to keep the drives with absolutely no problems or complaints from ChiefValue?

Not that I'm not glad atleast some people actually received their drives, but they (ChiefValue.com) should let everybody who the drive was actually shipped to keep the drive.

So pretty much those who didn't live close enough or pay extra for faster shipping to receive the hard drive before the reroute order was given to FedEx are being treated unfairly?

Tenchi4U said:
So some people got to keep the drives with absolutely no problems or complaints from ChiefValue?

Not that I'm not glad atleast some people actually received their drives, but they (ChiefValue.com) should let everybody who the drive was actually shipped to keep the drive.

So pretty much those who didn't live close enough or pay extra for faster shipping to receive the hard drive before the reroute order was given to FedEx are being treated unfairly?

Yep :(

I did learn one thing from this whole sad experience.

If the price is too good to be true and there is a potential of the whole reroute fiasco to occur again....

PAY THE EXTRA FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, if I wasn't such a cheap, poor bastard! I'd have a sweet hard drive in my machine right now! :D

Sure it sucks. Hell I'd be just as or even more pissed if my order had actually gone through. The thing that bothers me is that I believe some of you are being a little TOO harsh (just a little). I mean for one thing you all knew it was a pricing mistake. There was no way around it. You all pretty much knew they were gonna cancel it. The fact that they cancelled it so late in the process sucks but it's still the same deal as if they cancelled it before you got the confirmation. So the way I see it none of you should be all that upset at ChiefValue. (upset still, but mostly because you're missing out on that awesome drive)

CrimsonKain said:
Sure it sucks. Hell I'd be just as or even more pissed if my order had actually gone through. The thing that bothers me is that I believe some of you are being a little TOO harsh (just a little). I mean for one thing you all knew it was a pricing mistake. There was no way around it. You all pretty much knew they were gonna cancel it. The fact that they cancelled it so late in the process sucks but it's still the same deal as if they cancelled it before you got the confirmation. So the way I see it none of you should be all that upset at ChiefValue. (upset still, but mostly because you're missing out on that awesome drive)

See, I completely disagree with this. Just to note, I didn't order one (didn't see the deal in time due to the fact that my company blocks most forum sites).

If it was cancelled before shipment, there wouldn't be any problems. However, from my understanding, the company charged the credit cards and shipped many of the drives before noticing the mistake. To "add salt to the wound" so to say, they then didn't refund the credit cards until the drives were back in their hands. Further, at least one person on the boards has mentioned that they didn't refund the shipping cost. If they want to play the game that the transaction never completed becuase the drives were rerouted, then the shipping expense should have been refunded automatically (since the transaction never occured, then the shipping didn't occur).

If this was handled professionally, I don't think there would be as much complaining or hard feelings toward the company. If it was handled professionally, then resellerratings would be in their right to ignore any bad ratings from posters. However, this wasn't handled professionally, so anyone who ordered has a right to be very upset.

Of course, I personally won't be buying from them anytime soon :mad:

I was the one who didnt get the shipping refunded. I called them up and the refunded it last night - only after i called though! They took my money for 7 days and thats whats so unprofessional about this. Some people even got the drive if they lived close enough to the warehouses (good for them!) Imagine if you bought this at Best Buy, you paid for it, walked out the door but before you got to your car the store employee took it back off you and said sorry, wrong price and btw we'll keep your cash for a week?

I dont agree the price screamed mistake btw. It was low for the drive, but theres 2 models out there and they may have been clearing this one out. A 8mb cache 250Gb drive is only $120 or so with rebates these days, is $112 that crazy?

Ok but if they are going to recall them and they know some will make it and some won't (like what happened) then the only way to do it is to hold on to the money until they got it. If they returned everyone's money then the people that actually received it would have a free hard drive now.

I just dont get this order on those HDs

Reimburse Shipping Fee $4 with a $4 charge being at the bottem of the invoice they emailed me. SO am I paying them $4 or are they repaying me? :confused:

Skids1 said:
I just dont get this order on those HDs

Reimburse Shipping Fee $4 with a $4 charge being at the bottem of the invoice they emailed me. SO am I paying them $4 or are they repaying me? :confused:

Who knows with this bunch of clowns. Although they show a credit online, im still not showing any credit to my CC. I wonder if those who actually got the drive got the $15 off too? :D

They claim that they refunded me, but I've yet to see it hit my card either. I've checked daily for a week (they said it was refunded a week ago)... nothing yet. If it doesn't post by tomorrow, they'll receive another call from me.

Plus, I had to call to make sure that they also refunded the $4 shipping charge - they were going to keep the $4 shipping until I called...

I can't even get my $15 dollar coupon to work...I wanted to apply it to a 12g tube of AS5, so I could get it for $2.49 shipped (with coupon), I figure I might as well get something I need out of them.

This merchant made a pricing error on a 250GB Maxtor SATA drive on 10/20 and this error was corrected on 10/21. Per our price error policy, all reviews that relate to this error will be shown here, but the ratings from such reviews won't affect the merchant's rating average.

from rr

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6374.html

Back