• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OCZ Agility III; abnormal speeds?

Paperstar

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Messages
51
Recently built a new computer, consisting of the following specs.
i5 2500k@4.5; 8gb sniper 1600mhz; ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe.

I have a OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD connected with a SATA3 cable to the intel SATA3 port. I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit.

I feel like my SSD is not running up to par? Perhaps there is nothing wrong and I'm just being paranoid. But I felt like asking some people who would know much more than I would.

This was benchmarked using Crystaldiskmark:
dfdfdp.jpg


What do you think guys, everything normal?
 
What comparision(s) have you done?

IDK what it's supposed to be, but why would you think somethings wrong?

Just curious. :)
 
My bet is this little bit in the advertizing:

By leveraging the latest SATA 6Gbps interface and the second generation of SandForce SSD controller (SF-2281), the Agility 3 pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates with up to 525MB/s read plus incredible 4KB random write performance of 50,000 IOPS.
 
Welcome to the wonderful world of Sandforce advertising! You're supposed to be used gigabytes of text files, not hard to compress stuff like stripped executables, mp3s, and videos!

Have you by chance filled up the SSD before, then deleted everything? If so, the slowdown could be attributed to all the flash blocks being "used". A Secure Erase could fix that but that would mean wiping out all the data too.

BTW Agility 3 is significantly slower than the Vertex 3.
 
Are you sure that sata port #3 is actually a 6Gbps port? I see you are using an Asus similar to mine and the one I just built for my son, so make sure you are using a white sata port on the board, not the blue or grey.
 
Thanks for the responses guys. I suppose I begged the question of whether or not my SSD is up to scratch when I started to delve in to recording footage of my PC gaming.

When people were talking of their own specs in threads and of up to speeds like 100+mb/s writing, I wondered mine was doing, so I benched it. Now I'm just curious as to whether or not my drive is performing the way it should be. Unfortunately this isn't my area of expertise. I believe I have it plugged in to the correct port, according to the manual and bios.
 
Now I'm just curious as to whether or not my drive is performing the way it should be.
I am too but all I would do is search Google for others that have their drive tested and posted results.

Why not do that, come back, and show some screenshots of what others have posted?

That way we'll both know and you have answered your question. :)

Any of us would do the same thing but since you asked the question.........:D
 
paper, just be careful not to benchmark too much otherwise you will fill all your flash blocks and then performance will slow down drastically! Which could explain your speeds right now.

I recall a program that can release these flash blocks that are not used by the filesystem, without requiring you to secure erase the SSD to get performance back, but I can't recall the name. I've used it on Indilinx and Intel SSDs with good results.
 
Agillity 3 will limit IOPS after a brief period of intense usage. Welcome to OCZ firmware - buy Vertex or write performance will drop significantly, though still infinitely faster than a HDD in random writes.
 
Make sure you indeed are on an Intel SATA port.

Make sure you are in AHCI.

Make sure you have the latest firmware.

Make a 0 fill bench in crystaldiskmark, that way you should get close to advertised specs, and know you have no problem. You can tweak the bench to write less, like using only two passes.
 
Back
Top