OCZ agility 60GB @ zzf $129 after MIR

Hopefully this is the beginning of the Indilinix based drives dropping in price in order to compete with the Intel G2 drives. I'm personally waiting for 120 GB drives to get to $200 before I upgrade to an SSD, but this is definately a step in the right direction.

In for one. If you look at the latest Anadtech article, the agility and many of the other budget SSDs hang in there with the more expensive SSDs, and all of them put physical HDDs to shame.

I will use this in my desktop for now, and maybe when the price of the 120g Vertex or the Intel drives comes down, I will put this drive in my laptop and get a new/faster drive for the desktop. Or, the agility might suit my needs, and I'll save a bunch of dough!

And yeah, I did this through the Bing cashback!

Last edited:
In for one. If you look at the latest Anadtech article, the agility and many of the other budget SSDs hand in there with the more expensive SSDs, and all of them put physical HDDs to shame.

Definitely better than nothing... and in the case of SSDs I would buy the cheapest (of the good ones) that you could handle (size/speed). They are only going to get cheaper.

I bought a 80gb intel g2 for $250 because I plan on using it as my boot drive for at least a couple years. I don't see anything affordable coming down the pipeline that will have me switch for a long time. I was just waiting for an intel w/TRIM support (will be included in a firmware update later on).

Either way... any SSD is better than no SSD.

The rebate is linked on the eBay listing, so yes. I believe they give you a proper ZZF-style invoice when it ships, I know this is how MWave handles purchases through their eBay storefront.

The rebate is linked on the eBay listing, so yes. I believe they give you a proper ZZF-style invoice when it ships, I know this is how MWave handles purchases through their eBay storefront.
so does superbiz

This is a good deal on a drive that offers SSD advantages at a slightly lower price, without the issues the JMicron drives had.

I am very happy I picked up a Vertex for my laptop. I just wish my main desktop had one (or more) as well

Just picked up one via ebay/bing route (about $2-$3 cheaper)

I really heavily debated one of these over an 80GB intel gen 2...but the Intel Gen 2 is so hard to find and big $$ right now...this seems like a good deal for now. Maybe I'll bump this out to a netbook or something next year for a bigger one.

Thanks OP.

Definitely better than nothing... and in the case of SSDs I would buy the cheapest (of the good ones) that you could handle (size/speed). They are only going to get cheaper.

I'll be buying my 500GB SSD Drive in a year for $80. You guys have fun with your $300 80GB SSD Drives until then. :cool:

anybody has real life expreience of this as system disk vs 3 xWD6400aaks in RAID 0 under windows 7/vista?

I'll be buying my 500GB SSD Drive in a year for $80. You guys have fun with your $300 80GB SSD Drives until then. :cool:

and you sir, have fun waiting until 500gb SSD @ $300 comes out on the market.

More like 2-3 years. Have fun waiting. Meanwhile I'll be shaving 20 seconds off my boot /startup apps / etc every day.

if i shaved 20 seconds off the time it took to do anything it would actually take negative seconds so im defiantly in for one heheh.. any worries about these wearing out ive tottaly ignored ssd untill today (i have 20 640gb drives)

what a tough decision. much slower than x25, but still much much faster than velociraptor. half the price of x25. more than enough space, and support for trim.

would have outright said no, but now that you guys put the thought in my head of dropping this in the laptop when I upgrade the desktop rig, .......

i think im going to put an offer on the ebay site. that and bing and rebate, if it drops it to ~110, god damn it. happy labor day to me

edit: no dice. I tried a few low offers, and they were auto-rejected. after 3, i hit the limit and it won't let me drop it further. But I did get a good message from another member, saying that bing won't work if I did do the lower offer:

Chris431
I saw that you intended to make an offer on an Agility drive from zipzoomfly on ebay and expected to receive bing cashback.

From a brief search on google, it appears that you will not receive any cashback on a purchase made via "make an offer." Bing cashback is credited only on "buy it now" purchases.

I do not have a sufficient number of posts (50) to post on Hotdeals so please update your message to reflect this so that others don't try the same thing and end up disappointed when they don't receive cashback.

Hope this helps.

Chris

thanks

Last edited:
I almost went with this and then opted for the 120GB Vertex for $260. Twice the price, twice the capactiy but full Vertex speeds.

I think this agility is a pretty good deal though.

I almost went with this and then opted for the 120GB Vertex for $260. Twice the price, twice the capactiy but full Vertex speeds.

haha, that's exactly how it goes, and exactly why I'm broke

Ordered one, thanks OP. I'll sell my VRaptor, so this should hopefully only end up costing me $40 for the upgrade, and I'm only using 36gb on that ATM anyway (all data stored externally) so capacity shouldn't be an issue.

The 120GB Vertex requires alot of cashbacks....you pay $379 up front with free shipping:

Before going to circuitcity.com, use bing.com and search for circuit city for 15% Bing cashback ~$57

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4364405&CatId=4147

Which is $379 - $40 OCZ rebate. (Offer code OCZ-5947) at http://ocztechnology.4myrebate.com/customer/default.aspx

So $339 after rebate -$57 bing cashback is $282

Circuitcity and paypal are also running a $20 cashback for using paypal to check out.

http://www.circuitcity.com/applicat...late.asp?CampaignID=524&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot 03-_-CatID_Promo_Promo_Paypal 20 CashBack

$282 - $20 is $262.

I have never had an issue with combing Bing/Live cashback and paypal cashback in 3 or 4 times I have used it, and never had a problem with OCZ rebates since 2006. Nothing is a slam dunk but if you can wait 2 months for the $117 its worth it, won't be for some though

the way these things are selling i would be amazed if they are even near that price 1 year from now. be lucky if they close to that price 2 years from now.

I'll wait till they're closer to $1 per gig... I'd be happy cause that'd match raptors...

I just bought a 30GB for $60 off ebay, it's a Solid Series so it's not that great but I'll find out.. it won't be used as an OS that much.

Thanks, bought the 120gb Vertex off Circuit City!

Hope all the cashback comes through!

I really really wanted a Gen2 Intel 80GB, somewhere around MSRP or maybe a bit less at $210, but they just aren't in stock and the price gouging is too much and I have an SSD itch I need to scratch now... not in 2 months.

Or get two 60GBs for Raid-0 fun.

These sound very interesting, but i think I would want something a little bigger for and OS and program drive. Games are getting pretty large in size these days. I also want to wait until they get a little cheaper and more mainstream before I dive in. I will probably upgrade to i5 first. :)

Unless you're running a pretty old rig (pre-C2Q/PII) you'd probably see a bigger boost in daily performance from the SSD than from i5... 'Course it all depends on what you're actually doing.

I just ordered an 80GB X25-M for my desktop last week and told myself I'd stick with it as my OS drive (just large enough/cheap enough for me atm) 'till they go down in price and I upgrade to something else, at which point I'd move it to my netbook... But I'm tempted by the Agility at $130, it'd make a great netbook drive, heh. :D

Snagged one. Now off to google to see if I need to reformat or if I can clone off my OS drive (Windows 7 Pro x64).

Unless you're running a pretty old rig (pre-C2Q/PII) you'd probably see a bigger boost in daily performance from the SSD than from i5... 'Course it all depends on what you're actually doing.

I just ordered an 80GB X25-M for my desktop last week and told myself I'd stick with it as my OS drive (just large enough/cheap enough for me atm) 'till they go down in price and I upgrade to something else, at which point I'd move it to my netbook... But I'm tempted by the Agility at $130, it'd make a great netbook drive, heh. :D

Maybe there will be some good deals on the Intels on Black Friday. We can always hope.

I doubt they'll do a deal good enough to make the Intel G2 drives affordable.

These Agility drives offer the best bang for the buck right now, particularly if you RAID them. SSD's get near linear performance increase in RAID and you'd get more capacity too.

Yeah, the hot-ticket SSD models probably won't see any discounts on Black Friday (it's now middle of Sept. and the X25-M is still hard to find for anything close to MSRP), and I think the cheaper drives are too much of a niche item for resellers to bother w/big discounts on 'em. If I see a 60GB Agility drive for $100 I'm jumping on it immediately tho!

Hope you don't install an OS on this...60gb too small :( - and prices are coming down, I told you I'd get my 500gb SSD drive next year for $90.

Oh and ZZF has the worse return policies...I'd never buy from them...and their customer service is junk.

Back