Oculus Quest 2

I kinda felt like something was going to change and suck after not requiring facebook anymore for it.

Yeah, in hindsight it makes sense but still this was quite a surprise. It is better for the potential competition though as Quest 2 price is less artificially deflated now.

So glad I just read this thread. Ordered 2, one for my older son who's been eyeing one for awhile and one for my youngest's birthday coming up in August. Saved me $200 and if this was reddit and I felt like wasting money on fake currency, I'd give you a gold award for the heads up.

Buy em up now boys if you're interested in the least. Kinda surprised Walmart hasn't "ran out of inventory" until it magically returns on August 1st. Looks like Amazon already has cough cough bullshit cough cough.

Wow, that kinda extreme for something that has been out for so long and not even a refresh of the product. Like with a better head support. For me it would be $499 + Battery + better strap (not the elite strap that many complain breaks/cracks after a few months or less). Does the cable to hook up to the PC come with it? Vive Pro Wireless Adaptor for the Vive Pro/2 sounds like a better route for me except the inside out of the Quest 2 makes it way more flexible in different play spaces.

Wow, that kinda extreme for something that has been out for so long and not even a refresh of the product. Like with a better head support. For me it would be $499 + Battery + better strap (not the elite strap that many complain breaks/cracks after a few months or less). Does the cable to hook up to the PC come with it? Vive Pro Wireless Adaptor for the Vive Pro/2 sounds like a better route for me except the inside out of the Quest 2 makes it way more flexible in different play spaces.

It does come with a cable you can use to connect it to your PC but it's only 3 feet long lol. The official link cable is pretty expensive, you can get cheaper alternatives, but it's actually better using it wirelessly with a PC IMO. I bought a $70 wifi 6 router I use. The Bobo M2 Pro is on sale for $50, it's widely regaurded as the best headstrap for the Q2. It comes with a magnetic battery.

I'm glad that Meta is decoupling Facebook from Quest 2, but your situation sure sounds like a mess.

You need to read up on those "How to regain access to Facebook" HOWTOs to figure out all the workflows.

-SNIP

Infuriating.

I don't like the linking but I'm glad Oculus (erm, Meta VR) now has processes now via the VR departments' tech support system.
So a quick update, I went on the Oculus forums and started a thread asking for help and support got back to me. After a couple PMs back and forth for my information they were able to decouple my Oculus account from Facebook and get me back up and running with full functionality and access to my game library and mobile app.

In the meantime I bought another Q2 for my 7 year olds birthday and we have been having a ton of fun playing coop and multiplayer games.

I really want to give a Shoutout to all you guys that recommended Golf+, the game is my favorite and I even bought the Deadeye attachment hahaha....and like one other poster said, man its really modeled my driving slice perfectly.

I might end up buckling and buying one of these over the Index. That price is just too much for me...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
BOBOVR M2 Plus Head Strap Twin Battery Combo,Compatible with Quest 2,Recirculating Power Supply System,Dual Battery Pack + Magnetic Charging Dock https://a.co/d/7D6whQY
Bought this as the stock strap puts a lot of pressure on my face. Good reviews and for good reason.
I gotta say, I haven't tried any other "premium" headstraps but this one is SO much more comfortable than the stock strap. The batteries do their job, stay in place and provide a nice counterbalance to the headset. I can't imagine going back to the stock style headstrap now. Well worth the cost imo.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: TypeO
like this
Bought this as the stock strap puts a lot of pressure on my face. Good reviews and for good reason.
I gotta say, I haven't tried any other "premium" headstraps but this one is SO much more comfortable than the stock strap. The batteries do their job, stay in place and provide a nice counterbalance to the headset. I can't imagine going back to the stock style headstrap now. Well worth the cost imo.
Looks identical to the one I posted but different brand. I used my son's quest 2 and liked it but the new head strap is amazing. It's like an entirely different device.

Thinking about using installing Sidequest. Any suggestions for settings to try for visual improvements or otherwise, or games to try, etc. Reading up more on it. Think a newer version was released.

Thinking about using installing Sidequest. Any suggestions for settings to try for visual improvements or otherwise, or games to try, etc. Reading up more on it. Think a newer version was released.
There are a bunch of older games converted to work in VR natively on Q2. I enjoyed playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Doom 3. A lot of the games you could only get on sidequest you can now also get on applab directly on the quest so I don't use it much anymore.

Just got the Air Bridge and fired up Lone Echo and my damn save is gone. I just played a few weeks ago and have not uninstalled anything so not sure wtf happened. Then funny enough I go to play Jurassic Park, a native Quest 2 game, and it says failed to sync to the cloud. Took off the thing and have no desire to pick it back up again anytime soon...

Last edited:
Just got the Air Bridge and fired up Lone Echo and my damn save is gone. I just played a few weeks ago and have not uninstalled anything so not sure wtf happened. Then funny enough I go to play Jurassic Park, a native Quest 2 game, and it says failed to sync to the cloud. Took off the thing and have no desire to pick it back up again anytime soon...

The Airbridge is only for connecting your Quest 2 to your PC. It doesn't connect you to the internet. The Lone Echo save would have nothing to do with the Airbridge either, It's stored locally on your PC, not in the cloud.

Here are save game replacements for Lone Echo

The Airbridge is only for connecting your Quest 2 to your PC. It doesn't connect you to the internet. The Lone Echo save would have nothing to do with the Airbridge either, It's stored locally on your PC, not in the cloud.

Here are save game replacements for Lone Echo

I know what the Air Bridge is for and I know it had nothing to do with the save being gone and the other game not syncing to the cloud. I got the Air Bridge so I was ready to jump back into Lone Echo and test it out but Oculus somehow deleted my save. I did not say anything about a cloud save for Lone Echo as I know that its saved locally on the pc. I thought I made it clear the cloud sync issue was with Jurassic Park which I said was a native Quest game. The only point here was I tried to play two games and ran into two issues so it was a bit frustrating.

And I had already googled and found some saves but thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I know what the Air Bridge is for and I know it had nothing to do with the save being gone and the other game not syncing to the cloud.

Sorry, My bad. In my defence, your post does sound like you are blaming the airbridge.

You actually weren't complaining about the Quest 2 or the bridge, you were just having a bad day!!

Sorry for that. Hope you get back into VR soon.

Just won one of these from a work CS:GO tournament, anybody got a referral link so we both get $30 from the oculus store?

Reactions: Jelly
like this
I might end up buckling and buying one of these over the Index. That price is just too much for me...
I kind of regret getting my Index. I see them selling used in great condition for half price, so you may want to pick up a used one! Worth it at that price lol

I kind of regret getting my Index. I see them selling used in great condition for half price, so you may want to pick up a used one! Worth it at that price lol
Where do you usually find them? I haven't seen any selling for that cheap.

Yeah they're a modern day Wii. Fun at parties but, for me, at least - not something I want to pick up and play regularly.

My rift suddenly stopped working after a user accidentally fell on the floor whiles using it.

I don’t see a quest 3 thread- what do you guys think about the announcement so far?

I don’t see a quest 3 thread- what do you guys think about the announcement so far?

As far as specs go, if you have invested heavily in Oculus shops and are looking forward to what kind of games the updated mobile chip can bring (Asgards Wrath 2 is tempting. I loved the first game) then it may be a worthwile upgrade. Proper IPD adjustment and pancake lenses are finally included too!

But if PCVR is your jam then Pico is a better deal, at the moment at least, I think. 🤔

My daughters quest 2's airlink no longer works. They removed it from the beta tab... So she can't play her steam games with it anymore.. I'm hating on the oculus atm... Maybe I just wanna punch zuckerberg or something.. But it really killed the fun for her over all.. Makes it hard to trust to further invest in the brand..

The D-Link dongle stopped working for me for no reason and after days of jacking around with it off and on, I trashed it and bought a damn link cable. That too will occasionally not show up but at least I can always get it back working by unplugging and plugging back in. Airlink through my router used to work but for some reason its a garbled mess now. Steam VR would not work at all for months last year and many others were getting same issue. For the last few months Steam VR will work but will spam cloud sync errors on exiting and there are many threads about this on their forums. Half Life Alyx decided it no longer wanted to go to the menu when launching and after hours of searching I found a fix which was putting "-novid" in launch options. I also have a little audio crackling in every game over link and nothing I have done can fully fix it. Hell I could go on and as PCVR on Oculus as been a shitshow since the very beginning. I cant even imagine the amount of time I have wasted troubleshooting over the years. I now go months at a time without even using it as I just do not have the energy and patience to deal with whatever issue is going to inevitably pop up.

Last edited:
My daughters quest 2's airlink no longer works. They removed it from the beta tab... So she can't play her steam games with it anymore.. I'm hating on the oculus atm... Maybe I just wanna punch zuckerberg or something.. But it really killed the fun for her over all.. Makes it hard to trust to further invest in the brand..

Try Virtual Desktop. I think it's $10, but it's better than air link. She'll be able to play all her Steam games with it

Try Virtual Desktop. I think it's $10, but it's better than air link. She'll be able to play all her Steam games with it
Virtual Desktop has worked flawlessly for me since I bought it about a year or so ago to the point where I haven't even tried Airlink on my Quest 2. VD has plenty of tweaking options and is continually being improved by the developer.

I recommend a dedicated 5Ghz signal though for best performance. I had a 2.4Ghz/5Ghz router that constantly switched and I had lots of stuttering problems. Once I configured it to separate the signals and used 5Ghz exclusively, it worked smooth as butter.

Back