October Nexus Prime rumors

It seems I was right so far. Another leak/screenshot puts the GN to launch on Verizon on the 17th :D. Two weeks to go (if true)!

nexus-date-wip.png

I just can't understand why Verizon is not giving out the official launch date ? If its due out in the next couple of weeks they should be promoting this phone like crazy. It is by far the hottest Android phone ever released.

And then zero word from Google if other U.S. carriers will get it Dec or Jan ? Very bad marketing so far in my opinion.

Have to give Apple credit. They show off the latest phone, with a solid release date on specific carriers it will be on. Not sure why Google is so vague and secretive ?

Goggle is an advertising company #1 right ? If they want to destroy Apple, I would release the new Galaxy-Nexus on every fucking carrier on the planet, on the same launch date, that can handle it, and market the piss out of this phone against the iPhone4S. But to only have it come out to Verizon in the U.S. ? WTF, that is just stupid.

Last edited:
I think that it's Verizon, not Google. There are just too many Android phone that they want to sell prior to the launch of the Galaxy Nexus.

They're not stupid. They know exactly what they're doing.
We, the buyers, are generally the stupid ones. Splashing our money around when the next shiny object gets put in front of us.

I'm seeing a ton of online ads on tech sites, so they are definitely doing some advertising. But yeah, I would definitely expect more out of Verizon. Nothing on tv at all. Even the online ads just take you to a page with a brief overview of the phone and give you the option to opt in for email notifications, but we are supposedly 2 weeks away from the release and not so much as a peep so far.

i think the lack of verizon ads could be due to the fact that the nexus line of phones are developer phones with easy to unlock boot loaders and fairly easy root access which we all know verizon hates and would probably prefer to not have this phone be the number one android phone on their network

i think the lack of verizon ads could be due to the fact that the nexus line of phones are developer phones with easy to unlock boot loaders and fairly easy root access which we all know verizon hates and would probably prefer to not have this phone be the number one android phone on their network

so easy to root in fact, they already have a root for it before the phone's even out

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-gets-rooted

I just can't understand why Verizon is not giving out the official launch date ? If its due out in the next couple of weeks they should be promoting this phone like crazy. It is by far the hottest Android phone ever released.

And then zero word from Google if other U.S. carriers will get it Dec or Jan ? Very bad marketing so far in my opinion.

Have to give Apple credit. They show off the latest phone, with a solid release date on specific carriers it will be on. Not sure why Google is so vague and secretive ?

Goggle is an advertising company #1 right ? If they want to destroy Apple, I would release the new Galaxy-Nexus on every fucking carrier on the planet, on the same launch date, that can handle it, and market the piss out of this phone against the iPhone4S. But to only have it come out to Verizon in the U.S. ? WTF, that is just stupid.

No you are wrong.

Google doesn't care if the Galaxy Nexus does well, Google only cares if Android does well. It doesn't have to promote the Nexus phone to do that. The Nexus One had very little advertising, and the Nexus S had no more advertising than any other phone. So in the US then it comes to Verizon. Verizon doesn't care if they advertise the Galaxy Nexus, in fact they would prefer to not advertise it. They want to sell Droid RAZR's right now. Then they want to sell Rezounds, then they will advertise the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon has no vested interest in the Galaxy Nexus doing well at the expense of the RAZR or the Rezound.

My source tells me his buddy at Verizon said pre-orders will start Nov 13. Release Nov 17.

Hope its true!

I just saw a Razr commercial last night for the first time. release date is 11-11-11 Bet this is why they aren't advertising the Nexus aggressively right now. They probably want to build hype for the Razr let it sell, then pimp the Nexus just as hard for a week.

Remember Google now owns the Bionic and Razr. I'm sure there are probably extensive field tests going on with the NP on the Big Red map. I'm sure Google doesn't want to have to tell you that you have to hold the phone a certain way to not drop signal!

I've been waiting to get an NP in my hands, but I am still likely to go with a Bionic and wait for the ICS update, unless the NP totally amazes me and makes me forget about no SD slot or interchangeable battery.

Hurry up and wait!

I find the disparity between the "launch" and actual availability really obnoxious. It's like the paper launches of GPUs all over again..

I wonder if it has anything to do with giving ICS more time in the oven?

I mentioned in another thread how Google doesn't really care about the Android brand at all, and this is just more evidence. They should be promoting the Nexus like hell since it is a flagship Android device, and people need to see what's good about Android. Make oem's ship ICS on new phones, make carriers stop with the crapware, for god's sake care about your platform a little bit.

But they don't - the goal with Nexus is to launch ICS, after that the carriers are free to screw the users any way they want, and oem's are free to screw it up by adding their skins on top.

I mentioned in another thread how Google doesn't really care about the Android brand at all, and this is just more evidence. They should be promoting the Nexus like hell since it is a flagship Android device, and people need to see what's good about Android. Make oem's ship ICS on new phones, make carriers stop with the crapware, for god's sake care about your platform a little bit.

But they don't - the goal with Nexus is to launch ICS, after that the carriers are free to screw the users any way they want, and oem's are free to screw it up by adding their skins on top.
unfortunately google is following a free source model... get in with the program. Xp

Another tentative launch date now.

vzw-roadmap-nexus-650x394.jpg

C'mon now.. I wanted this shit next Thursday, not the following Monday, which is an odd day for them to launch a phone on. The 17th was more believable, but I guess they're trying to stagger the phone launches a bit more. At least they're not retarded and trying to launch it on Thanksgiving or the following week.

Another tentative launch date now.

vzw-roadmap-nexus-650x394.jpg

C'mon now.. I wanted this shit next Thursday, not the following Monday, which is an odd day for them to launch a phone on. The 17th was more believable, but I guess they're trying to stagger the phone launches a bit more. At least they're not retarded and trying to launch it on Thanksgiving or the following week.

I just need the phone in my hands by Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

I tried a Razr out today and it was sweet, but I think I gotta hold out for the Nexus. I've been saying for a while that I'd pickup a Nexus on VZW as soon as one was available.

when is att getting this

No word on any us GSM carriers. Very frustrating that we have zero official info available this long after launch - I'm not an expert, but my guess is its a missed opportunity for Google not to have at the least told people when its going to arrive. I'm definitely getting the sense that they don't seem terribly concerned with the nexus lineup's success, perhaps only for the android headlines (which perhaps has an effect on overall android sales).

No word on any us GSM carriers. Very frustrating that we have zero official info available this long after launch - I'm not an expert, but my guess is its a missed opportunity for Google not to have at the least told people when its going to arrive. I'm definitely getting the sense that they don't seem terribly concerned with the nexus lineup's success, perhaps only for the android headlines (which perhaps has an effect on overall android sales).

it is frustrating I tested out att vivid and skyrocket for about 2 hours yesterday... ehh.. and I have not upgraded in 1 year and 6 months.... can't wait.... but note and nexus might be coming... ughhh

it is frustrating I tested out att vivid and skyrocket for about 2 hours yesterday... ehh.. and I have not upgraded in 1 year and 6 months.... can't wait.... but note and nexus might be coming... ughhh

I'm still on my Nexus One (skipped the S) and would really like to upgrade to the Galaxy. Annoying...

We have accounts with both T-Mobile and Sprint, and I am livid that T-Mobile has not announced the Galaxy-Nexus yet. They were the first ever Android carrier in the U.S. and the first to sell the Nexus-One, also the first to sell the Nexus-S.

Not getting the Galaxy-Nexus on T-Mobile now would be like Apple saying to ATT, sorry but we gonna let Sprint only get the new iPhone4S for now.

I just want an in depth review and comparison (especially for the camera) to come out so I can decide it I'm getting this or something else.

We have accounts with both T-Mobile and Sprint, and I am livid that T-Mobile has not announced the Galaxy-Nexus yet. They were the first ever Android carrier in the U.S. and the first to sell the Nexus-One, also the first to sell the Nexus-S.

Not getting the Galaxy-Nexus on T-Mobile now would be like Apple saying to ATT, sorry but we gonna let Sprint only get the new iPhone4S for now.

I think most phone makers want to jump ship from tmo.....

I'm still on my Nexus One (skipped the S) and would really like to upgrade to the Galaxy. Annoying...

I don't know why they are so secretive about their phone lineups I mean don't they want more people to know about their products and be excited when galaxy nexus or galaxy note are going to come?!!?

Anyone know what the estimated pricing is with the standard 2 year contract for existing customers?

Wowzers :eek:. Guess as to how quickly it will come down in price?

$300 is the normal price for a flagship LTE phone.

Considering Verizon does not have their bloatware on this phone and is making less money per unit than a RAZR or Rezound, I would not expect any special deals or a price drop anytime before those handsets receive one.

You'd be more likely to find a deal on Amazon Wireless or somewhere else a month or two after release, if they carry it. I would not expect BOGOs ever or discounts at Verizon stores anytime soon.

Verizon is also not getting more money to put Bing on it. But I would anyway. Google need not all my advertising money! Spread the love around!

Galaxy Nexus is $299 on a 2 year contract.

That's sort of what I expected, but it doesn't thrill me. Is it just me or has the price of smartphones been trending upward over time? I won't even get any benefit from 4g since the nearest verizon 4g area is about 120 miles away. Idk. Granted, phones are getting to be better and better all the time, but still. I could buy a laptop for $300. Hell, Walmart has a 42" LED 1080P westinghouse tv for $340 right now. A tv is clearly not a phone, but something in me balks at paying the same amount for a cellphone as a tv.

In other words, what happened to carriers subsidizing the cost of our phones as an incentive to agree to a 2 year contract? Are they still subsidizing? I mean, you figure that most smartphones cost sub $200 in terms of parts. What are the carriers paying the manufacturers for these phones? I guess I had been under the impression that capitalism would keep me from having to pay more over time (by which I mean recent years, not cellphones from their invention to the present).

IMO, 300 on contract is way too much when I can spend 30-40 more and get a second hand htc sensation or lg optimus 2x without contracts......

I really want to know what the camera on the nexus is like. That will likely dictate my purchase.

That's sort of what I expected, but it doesn't thrill me. Is it just me or has the price of smartphones been trending upward over time? I won't even get any benefit from 4g since the nearest verizon 4g area is about 120 miles away. Idk. Granted, phones are getting to be better and better all the time, but still. I could buy a laptop for $300. Hell, Walmart has a 42" LED 1080P westinghouse tv for $340 right now. A tv is clearly not a phone, but something in me balks at paying the same amount for a cellphone as a tv.

In other words, what happened to carriers subsidizing the cost of our phones as an incentive to agree to a 2 year contract? Are they still subsidizing? I mean, you figure that most smartphones cost sub $200 in terms of parts. What are the carriers paying the manufacturers for these phones? I guess I had been under the impression that capitalism would keep me from having to pay more over time (by which I mean recent years, not cellphones from their invention to the present).
non-subsidized pricing for top-end smartphones is $500-$700.

non-subsidized pricing for top-end smartphones is $500-$700.

Really..........................? I mean, are you sure that those are non-subsidized prices? Or are those just jacked up prices to punish you for not signing up for a 2 year contract? That's why I asked what companies like att and verizon actually pay the manufacturer for each phone.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it seems more likely that the carriers are just refusing to give customers better prices for signing up for a contract because we have no power of negotiation than that the carriers are actually paying $700 per phone and giving us a $400 discount.

Back