Oblivion Selling Early?

install2.jpg

Raines8416 said:
Oh yea....

THERE IS NO CDKEY WITH THIS GAME!

I was like WTF? Thought it was a little strange, I guess they figure it doesnt really stop pirates.

How big is the install? Over 2gb?

Is there anything that truly stops piracy? (Other than ninjas, that is.) I'm sure there some kind of token protection to keep honest people honest.

Other tidbit: Greg Kasavin at Gamespot is hold a live 12-hour Oblivion gaming marathon that people can watch and ask questions about.

I got it!!!!

Not bothering with proof... check my gamertag (viper87227) if you dont believe me

Viper87227 said:
I got it!!!!

Not bothering with proof... check my gamertag (viper87227) if you dont believe me

tell us how it plays.. for us ppl stuck at work.. we need to know STAT!

anti-piracy, something that needs a server activation. sorta like steam (harder to do) so easier to get the actual CD. or sorta like MS is doing with windows. Still this game will go to my "Greats" collection

Tetrahedron said:
tell us how it plays.. for us ppl stuck at work.. we need to know STAT!

Playing now... only a minute or so in but its super smooth. Ill report back in a half hour or so.

pilotace001 said:
anti-piracy, something that needs a server activation. sorta like steam (harder to do) so easier to get the actual CD. or sorta like MS is doing with windows. Still this game will go to my "Greats" collection

are you saying this game REQUIRES an internet connection to play? Cause what happens if I want to play the game and dont have/or lose my internet connection?

well both target and walmart in blacksburg said they didn't recieve it in their shipments today like they thought they would....tomorrow for me :(

pilotace001 said:
anti-piracy, something that needs a server activation.

Quake 4 does that too. The workaround was to block the connection using your hosts file.

no, just thats its a better anti-paricy precaution IF it did, although oblivion is off-line... so less protection in this case.

I will probly get the game in a bout a week... 1. take / pass test, 2. get ram. (sig)

Can someone please scan the 360's control setup page of the manual? I plan on using the 360 controller with my pc to play.

Just typing it out would be cool too.

Thanks!

WTF I went to GameStop today and they had teh 360 version but NO pc games anywhere. I guess those bastards stopped carrying PC Games.

played a bit more.... its still very smooth. No hitching. Graphics are superb, but im still in the dungeons. There are a few jaggies, but you have to really stop to look to see them. Overall the game is gorgious, and the controls are great. This game ROCKS!

pilotace001 said:
might depend on store location

indeed

the two EBgames that are within 5 miles of house... one of em has the game the other doesnt.. for reals to.. not just cause one doesnt want to sell it.. they honestly didnt get it in... and it happens to be the one I go to, that my friend works at to hook me up

I checked every place that sold pc games down here in northwest Florida, no luck. I just hope that someone has it tomorrow! The suspense is killing me!

Raines8416 said:
Oh yea....

THERE IS NO CDKEY WITH THIS GAME!

I was like WTF? Thought it was a little strange, I guess they figure it doesnt really stop pirates.
There is no reason for single player only games to have cd keys.

OK, heres my first beef with the game. I finally got outside... WTF?! Very far view distance, but there arent many trees off in the distance, and from far off the ground textures look like shit. Sorta subtracts from the beauty of the game.

Viper87227 said:
OK, heres my first beef with the game. I finally got outside... WTF?! Very far view distance, but there arent many trees off in the distance, and from far off the ground textures look like shit. Sorta subtracts from the beauty of the game.

Is this with default settings, or higher options?

GoldenTiger said:
Is this with default settings, or higher options?
Almost every preview pointed this out when they got hands-on time, and they were playing on top end machines with everything maxed out.

One thing I've noticed is that the intro is extremely choppy for me. Both the video and the sound. My CPU usage isn't very high during it either. I am guessing though that this may be due to ffdshow although I am not sure. I have an A64 4800+ X2 so I'm not sure why this is happening. The game plays fine too although I am still in the dungeons.

I AM DYING!!! I won't be able to pick it up until Thursday :(. CompUSA better have it by then :D !

Viper87227 said:

You can set it to have more trees and grass at further distances, but it will bog the game down quite a bit. I agree though, it brings down the beauty of it A LOT!

Ive been playing it for awhile now. I've mainly just been screwing around, stealing stuff and picking fights with guards.

damn... my eb games and gamestop and bestbuy didnt have it.... but i reserve a copy at ebgames for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Raines8416 said:
You can set it to have more trees and grass at further distances, but it will bog the game down quite a bit. I agree though, it brings down the beauty of it A LOT!

Ive been playing it for awhile now. I've mainly just been screwing around, stealing stuff and picking fights with guards.

I heard there's some .ini file settings you can change to make the "cruddy texture" distance much further out, etc. I hope this is true...

Raines8416 said:

You can do this in the 360 version?

Seems unlikly, and I dont want to quite my game to find out ;)

Back from a romp around Modesto, and NOBODY has the game! Gamestop, Circut City, CompUSA, Best Buy, none of them! :(

I'll have to knab it from BestBuy when they open twomarrow (Confirmed: the Modesto Best Buy will have it at opening time twomarrow!)

Back