Obduction VR

I have been patiently waiting for this as well.

Just bought it on Oculus home - I have a Rift as well as a Vive. Hearing lots of good buzz concerning this game, so going to try it out tonight. Will post a mini-review later.

This guy who does various youtube game vids enjoyed Obduction in VR (has his commentary while showing the game in VR), does seem one of the better releases to date.

Cheers

Looks wonderful! Best part is it is a full game too. Wonder how it would work with Oculus Touch? If it does.

I've played it for about an hour thus far. Visuals for a VR title are very, very well done - nothing cartoony about it at all. Don't like the snap-turn feature that is forced though - i.e. the game currently jumps the view when turning - supposedly to help with VR motion sickness, but I find it really annoying. Luckily, the developer just stated that they are going to make this optional and are working a patch to allow for smooth turns when navigating in VR. I find the game works great with just the Rift's small one handed controller - not the game controller.
Something like this doesn't really need the Touch controllers - what's there now works really well, but I imagine touch controller support will get added in as well eventually.

If you were a Myst fan, this game really showcases "being there" in the world as you explore and attempt to solve puzzles. The scenery/visuals are very well done. Well worth the price of admission as it works really well in VR, so much so that I much prefer playing it this way.

Also, it really helps having a beefy PC/GPU so that VR visuals can be set to "Epic"! :D

Last edited:
Yeah a lot are mentioning the snap-turn.
The good news as you say is they are going to resolve it, definitely a game to own to show off VR IMO.
Cheers

Back