NVIDIA Unveils The Titan X At GDC 2015

300w card? were is all of that maxwell efficiency?

It's 300W at peak and it destroys the 290x which uses the same amount. Perf/watt is amazing. But don't worry, someday AMD will have new hardware to show...someday *cue BitBoys memories*. Until then AMD fans can keep F5'ing tabloid sites like Videocardz and WCCWTFtech for "leaked" slides. I'll be gaming on my Titan X. :D

Apparently the Titan X is all about "Deep Learning". Those are the new Nvidia buzzwords. Expect to see it plastered everywhere.

Well yeah...NVidia learned that they can stick it deep into their customers by charging $1000+ for a single consumer video card. And these eager customers take it willingly with a smile, then come back for more. :p

You do realize that's total system power, not just the video card? Right?
The 290X is a 290W card and the Titan X is matching its power consumption in those benchmarks.

He's saying Nvidia's 250W TDP = AMD's 290W TDP.
(I'm not supporting his argument, just pointing it out)

An overclocked titan x is coming close to stock 980 sli performance. Tempting.

Their numbers seem fuzzy.
Is there really only 40W difference between the 980 and 290X ...?

He's meta-referencing community response to the 300W 390X from the other rumor thread.
So, little bit of *whoosh* here.

Context: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041490735&postcount=236

Ah - thank you.

Well yeah...NVidia learned that they can stick it deep into their customers by charging $1000+ for a single consumer video card. And these eager customers take it willingly with a smile, then come back for more. :p

Lol...and yet I'm likely one of those peeps.

At this point it'd be nice for a single card to beat the 295X2, something this Titan X seems to not be able to pull off at high resolution.

Who even buys anything amd makes? They stopped being relevant 8 years ago.

Not on the GPU side. Going back to 2010-2011 they were fairly even. Since the 600 Series AMD has largely been irrelevant though sinking to the lowest discrete market share ever with nearly 75% to 25%.

It's 300W at peak and it destroys the 290x which uses the same amount. Perf/watt is amazing. But don't worry, someday AMD will have new hardware to show...someday *cue BitBoys memories*. Until then AMD fans can keep F5'ing tabloid sites like Videocardz and WCCWTFtech for "leaked" slides. I'll be gaming on my Titan X. :D

Enjoy gaming on your titan-x for $999 for a couple of months, when Nvidia will probably release the 980Ti that will be faster and cheaper.

I can't believe people are happy to pay $999 for such a mediocre performance increase over the 980, on a card with no new features, nothing.

At least the original Titan had fully functioning DP, a brand new cooler etc. It was a true halo product and merited the high price. This new Titan-x has nothing like that.

It's only worth $649-$799, but we know that price range is for the 980Ti.

You are been shafted by Nvidia, but you seem to enjoy it so carry on.

Enjoy gaming on your titan-x for $999 for a couple of months, when Nvidia will probably release the 980Ti that will be faster and cheaper.

I can't believe people are happy to pay $999 for such a mediocre performance increase over the 980, on a card with no new features, nothing.

At least the original Titan had fully functioning DP, a brand new cooler etc. It was a true halo product and merited the high price. This new Titan-x has nothing like that.

It's only worth $649-$799, but we know that price range is for the 980Ti.

You are been shafted by Nvidia, but you seem to enjoy it so carry on.
Lack of competition is something to be celebrated!
3 teams: AMD, Nvidia, and Consumers. Which team are you on, hmm?

Is it only for sale on nvidia.com today? Or other retailers?

Only NVidia atm. I'm sure they'll be for sale later with more configurations. Anyway, placed an order for 2, but I must say they're store site isn't exactly too helpful. What type of shipment? And I haven't received a confirmation order. Fortunately my CC is already charged, and it's under the orders.

Only NVidia atm. I'm sure they'll be for sale later with more configurations. Anyway, placed an order for 2, but I must say they're store site isn't exactly too helpful. What type of shipment? And I haven't received a confirmation order. Fortunately my CC is already charged, and it's under the orders.

yep. store sucks, no email either. CC charged. hopefully doesn't take them a week to send these out, my buddy told me a horror story about an order he placed with them. oh well. says "boxed shipment" under order status, so i guess that's good.

This link works and they are in stock :)

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-gtx-titan-x/buy-gpu

just bought 2

0jiIfyPl.jpg

Was waiting for TigerDirect or Amazon, so hopefully NVIDIA ships fast

Glad I recently bought those gigabyte g1 980's.. new the titan x was coming but figured it could not beat the 980 SLI so was a smart buy.

Now maybe people will start saying the 980 sli is a smart buy over a 970 hehe.

my order is "in review" for 48-72 hours, so that's great. fucking nvidia. i'd wait for newegg/amazon.

For those people its not about the VRAM, but the fact that its rumored to be 40-50% faster than a 980. My option is that it wont be quicker than 30% over a 980. I just do not see Nvidia selling these at $999 over a $550 980 that have more than 30% boost. At that rate a 980 SLI would be the way to go - yes I know its 2 cards.

I guess well see the outcome soon.

The 50% rumors can now die, they were always ridiculous. 30-40% is correct.

my order is "in review" for 48-72 hours, so that's great. fucking nvidia. i'd wait for newegg/amazon.

Where did you see that? The order status page? Mine says "boxed shipment" but I doubt that's true 5 min after ordering...

The 50% rumors can now die, they were always ridiculous. 30-40% is correct.

thought it was always 50% more Cuda cores etc and not perf? Either way - 30% is no slouch to me.

30 fucking % faster, I called it a long time ago. The trolls with their 50% estimates will be out in full force now justifying their purchase again.

Well it is about 50% faster than a 290x so they are destroying the competition.

Where did you see that? The order status page? Mine says "boxed shipment" but I doubt that's true 5 min after ordering...

i got sketched out (heh) after not receiving an email so i called and got a lil asian lady. she said my order was referred to their "accounting" department and that takes 48-72 hours. that's why i got no confirmation. about all i got out of her. couldn't cancel the order, and she couldn't explain the $2k in charges already placed on my CC. pretty pissed.

TPU also shows +30% on average @ typical 2560x1440.

I assume NV direct charges tax for CA, that might put a dent in sales for the patient.

I'm wondering that too. It's impossible to get over 16GB in an ITX build.

Well, chances are most of the people buying this have full x99 boards. Still, 48 GB seems like a lot for recommended as the Rampage V Extreme prefers RAM to be in the red slots for overclocking, which at the time, is limited to 32 GB.

i got sketched out (heh) after not receiving an email so i called and got a lil asian lady. she said my order was referred to their "accounting" department and that takes 48-72 hours. that's why i got no confirmation. about all i got out of her. couldn't cancel the order, and she couldn't explain the $2k in charges already placed on my CC. pretty pissed.

It's just a hold. My order confirmation email said they do not charge until it ships.

Well, chances are most of the people buying this have full x99 boards. Still, 48 GB seems like a lot for recommended as the Rampage V Extreme prefers RAM to be in the red slots for overclocking, which at the time, is limited to 32 GB.

I have 16GB in my 5960X build. Not worried about it. If it does turn out to be an issue - you'd have thought reviewers would have given a heads up or NVIDIA would have at least outlined it in their reviewers guides...

i did just get this though. heads up for anyone throwing down for overnight shipping and expecting to get these tomorrow/thursday (from nvidia).

Thank you for contacting the NVIDIA online store.

Your order has been received and is currently being held for review by
our accounting department. The review process is for your security and
can take up to 72 hours maximum, but is usually complete within 24 hours
or less.

You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your order has been
successfully reviewed. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may
have caused.

Back