NVIDIA Unveils The Titan X At GDC 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like NVIDIA had another trick up its sleeved for GDC 2015. During Tim Sweeney's State of Unreal talk this morning, Jen-Hsun Huang strolled onto the stage with a Titan X claiming it is the "most advanced GPU the world's ever seen," with 8B transistors and 12GB of memory. We'll bring you more info as it comes available.

FXlJrm1.jpg

It'll shrink your wallet in the likes that world has never seen.

So is all 12 GB accessible at full speed or are we looking at a 11.5 GB card here? ;)

so I wonder if this is the pre production 'Ti' version of a GTX 980 ?

The LEAST it should have is 2 GPUs in it... i'm assuming it will cost $2000+

To me, that pic looks like the front of a computer.....a nice looking computer at that. We'll see about the card though. I feel like there's diminishing returns throwing 12gb memory on cards.

Still haven't gotten tired of the reference cooler design :p

so I wonder if this is the pre production 'Ti' version of a GTX 980 ?

The LEAST it should have is 2 GPUs in it... i'm assuming it will cost $2000+

No, single GPU, but full die and full capability. A step down from the uber high end Quadro cards. Entry level workstation.

I want
What do I have to do to get one of these.

Time to switch back over to team Green

To me, that pic looks like the front of a computer.....a nice looking computer at that. We'll see about the card though. I feel like there's diminishing returns throwing 12gb memory on cards.

Not for it's intended purpose.

I didn't think we would see anything new from Nvidia until AMD dropped some new cards. Without some competition these things are going to cost an arm and a leg.

Better off waiting for the 980 Ti if your sole use is gaming. Titans have always been a rip-off in that respect.

I predicted this or just guessed this like three weeks ago =)
This this is going to be hard to find at first sold out everywhere I think the original titan was sold out for a good while.

I'll take a Charger Hellcat instead. Same price I suspect.

Step down?? In what (hardware) respect???

Look up the top end Quadro cards and compare vs the Titans on the nvidia website. The differences are in the die and its capabilities. FP capabilities mostly, ECC as well.

Just remember to subtract .5 on anything nvidia advertises when it comes to numbers :D

Where's the [H] review!?!?! :)

53.8% increase in transistors. Nice.

Cool, but stupidly expensive, $1000-1350.

390x's are probably going to be $750'ish and just 1 of those is going to be close to a Titan X performance based on early benchmarks. Or even more performance.
So a 395x2 towards end of year will obliterate this card and cost $1500 instead of $2400+ avg. for two of these.

I'm an Nvidia fan though, so this is disturbing news. This thing needs to cost $750 tops to compete with 390x. If it can't cost that low, then it shouldn't have been 12GB. 8GB would have been fine.
People say 4GB of HBM mem on the 390x's isn't enough, but that's a new type of memory with extreme bandwidth, so we need to see in depth reviews of it to see if 4GB of HBM is actually = to 6-8 of GDDR.

Cool, but stupidly expensive, $1000-1350.

390x's are probably going to be $750'ish and just 1 of those is going to be close to a Titan X performance based on early benchmarks. Or even more performance.
So a 395x2 towards end of year will obliterate this card and cost $1500 instead of $2400+ avg. for two of these.

I'm an Nvidia fan though, so this is disturbing news. This thing needs to cost $750 tops to compete with 390x. If it can't cost that low, then it shouldn't have been 12GB. 8GB would have been fine.
People say 4GB of HBM mem on the 390x's isn't enough, but that's a new type of memory with extreme bandwidth, so we need to see in depth reviews of it to see if 4GB of HBM is actually = to 6-8 of GDDR.

I'm sure they will come out with a non-Titan part that compares well for a lot less... no way are they going to leave the ~$700 space unfilled.

I'm sure they will come out with a non-Titan part that compares well for a lot less... no way are they going to leave the ~$700 space unfilled.

Right, that's what I was referring to. This is never going to be for the GTX980 type segment.
$600-750 area to compete with 390x.

So yea, I'm wondering if we're going to see 980ti next or something

Mother of All Things Graphic! :eek:

If I have to consume Ramen noodles for breakfast and lunch (not messing with dinner) for the next few months and sell off everything that isn't critically important to survival (except my main computer, bed and such) I will get a Titan X. I've maxxed VRAM usage on my eVGA GTX Titan Signature Edition in Skyrim so the Titan X will be a worthwhile upgrade for me. I'm betting Maya and AutoCAD will love the 12GB of VRAM. :D

I would be happy with a 6gb version so it isn't so expensive.

BRING ON THE SPECS!!!

Back