NVIDIA Unveils The Titan X At GDC 2015

Do not be so sure in ironizing guys, there are serious reasons why the 24GB card should appear:

1. NVidia has K80 professional card with 24 GB VRAM so this amount is not new
2. K80 is dual GPU card based on max Kepler chip
3. Historically there was dual GPU card with max chip of any generation
4. Titan Z is the right example, it has 12 GB VRAM which is double of the singlet Titan
5. It is thus logical that the dual GPU Titan XXX based on max Maxwell chip and with 24 GB VRAM is in the making

There are only two problems:

1. The dual GPU/dual VRAM card appears quite some time after the launch of the singlet card
2. NVidia will charge outrageous premium for the dual card like it was with the Titan Z

Anyway, be certain that Titan XXX will be available before the April 1st 2016 which will make fool of you on this day :p.

A 24GB with dual GM200 :eek: another $3000 haha, oh are you guys talking about that "BFG" ad, never mind then.

So. Worth going from SLI'd 980's to a single Titan X? Price wise, not much in it.......

Talking about raw performance, no.

But SLI Titan X should out last say Quad 980's, and single card performance of Titan X is still better than a single 980.

Better wait for more detailed reviews though.

A 24GB with dual GM200 :eek: another $3000 haha, oh are you guys talking about that "BFG" ad, never mind then.

Note the performance improvement and doubling the VRAM comparing to the Titan Z for the same price of $3K. It will be much better deal than Z real bargain :D. Unfortunately estimated time of hitting the streets is after the summer of 2015 :(.

Anyone know when blocks will become widely available? I don't mind EK, but so far you can only order them from their website here in AU...

you're talking about the marketing department here, and i agree.. not cool. that being said, the engineers at nvidia are not that stupid. they get paid good money to make good products. they know the capabilities and limitations of the components that go on their boards.

you guys are making accusations based on a tomshardware image and a random pdf you found on the internet. do you know how many man hours went into design and testing of these cards? hah
Nvidia's engineers aren't infallible. Remember Bumpgate? That engineering mistake cost Nvidia nearly 1/3 of a billion dollars.

The proof is in the fact that you own two Titan X's right now which are doing fine w/out failing despite you "OC'ing to the moon". These things are very highly likely validated in house before production. I don't think they just stick them on a PCB and take a gamble, do you? Not everything needs a "link", sometimes common sense can prevail. That said, if you are OC'iing, then it doesn't hurt to take extra measures to cool them down if you feel you want to. Personally I'll be putting mine underwater after Amazon gets around to delivering it and I build my loop.
Thermal related failures don't typically show up instantly unless it induces data corruption. The most likely scenario we'll see if they're being run over their rated max temp is that the memory chips will have a reduced expected lifespan. Just how greatly reduced remains to be seen.

And what is this "in house" validation you keep alluding to? Hynix makes the memory modules and comes up with their safe operating values. I would think they would know more about their own product than Nvidia would.

Back