NVIDIA Unveils The Titan X At GDC 2015

One thing about all prices is simple inflation. Our money is worth half or less what it was 15, 20, 30 years ago. Gas costs more than double as well, etc.Having been in this a long time, very good sweet spot video cards used to be $200. It's not so crazy that they're now $400. And frankly, even $1000 isn't that crazy. $1000 is approaching disposable income for many. Money is simply worth less.

True, but also income inequality has grown and so-called middle class has shrunk, incomes of basic mass of people have not kept with inflation.

Anyways was just looking at a spec sheet and I didn't realize Titan X has just a few more cuda cores than the last Nvidia flagship (3072 vs 2880)?

This is wrong comparison. TiX core is worth much more than Ti core. Proof of this is the GTX 980 whichis beating Titan Black while having much less cores. Thus the real comparison is TiX vs. 980 and the jump in cores is impressive.

But I will say one of the worst things Nvidia has been doing to consumers in recent times is stiffing them on RAM. Such as my brother who paid $650 for a geforce 780 a while back that came with a whopping 3GB Vram (he's not a video card guru just a gamer). He's screwed if he gets a 4k monitor, it's a $650 paperweight. So at least the Titan X doesn't do that, if anything it goes in the opposite direction.

TiX as a high-end card is prepared for the next wave of monitor resolutions. People are already arranging 3x4K setups, 5K will soon be available at affordable prices.

God, I wish I was more up for tolerating AMDs driver support, multi-GPU, and lack of physx etc. NV has me by the balls.

Anandtech posted their review at noon and took it down in 2 minutes. I only got to see the first two pages. It is a hard launch though, and the speculated specifications of the chip are accurate. No word on pricing, it was $???. Clocks are 1GHz/7GHz.

Anandtech posted their review at noon and took it down in 2 minutes. I only got to see the first two pages. It is a hard launch though, and the speculated specifications of the chip are accurate. No word on pricing, it was $???. Clocks are 1GHz/7GHz.

Haha, yeah. Saw the same thing. The webcast hasn't started yet, or isn't broadcasting.

Or 12AM... maybe they will wait until it's announced. Can't take nVidia's thunder at GTC.

I dunno. Do you really think etailers are sitting there waiting to flip a switch just for this? I am sure there is a time set. I just don't know what it is at this point. Maybe it's in about 45 minutes...I'll try that next.

You heard it here first. Titan X is the world's first GPU artificial intelligence. It plays your games for you.

Makes you wonder... With all the success NVidia is seeing, what is AMD doing wrong that they can't capture a larger piece of the pie?

This sucks, I can't watch it. The stream won't start for me.. Must have it blocked or something here at work.

edit: yes I can, pulled it up on my phone :)

Last edited:
Is it me or does Jen-Hsun Huang always rock the mock turtleneck but throws on the leather jacket to look cool?

Watched a couple minutes, looks like nvidia copied Apple right down to the emphasis pauses.

Waiting for the [H] review to show us what GM200 is realistically capable of.

Damn... a popular website accidentally broke NDA, but pulled the article before I could get to the fun bits.

Now he's talking about how it's nVidia is going to create Skynet.

Sweet. When my wife asks why I took a day off to play computer games I'll just tell her that I'm paying for the $2000 I just spent on these GPUs.

Hey tell her it's the words from the CEO of nVidia himself. :)

$999 is still ridiculously expensive for a desktop GPU, but less than what a lot of people were expecting NVidia to price these at... Lets see what Newegg/Amazon price these at.

Are we thinking 10-11 minutes for etail availability? I gotta get to the airport. UGH.

$999 is still ridiculously expensive for a desktop GPU, but less than what a lot of people were expecting NVidia to price these at... Lets see what Newegg/Amazon price these at.

you know there were already titans released that were at this price point. Nothing new here. (i personally owned 4 of the first titans.. and plans to get 4 titan Xs). It will be 999 on amazon. Newegg might jack it up.. like they always do on hot items

Are we thinking 10-11 minutes for etail availability? I gotta get to the airport. UGH.

he didn't even touch on availability. who knows. whenever we start seeing reviews i would assume they'll pop up. give me your CC info and i'll order a couple :D

he didn't even touch on availability. who knows. whenever we start seeing reviews i would assume they'll pop up. give me your CC info and i'll order a couple :D

Anandtech said hard launch, so it's a safe bet they'll be available shortly.

Back