Nvidia Titan V

yeah I had to upgrade my line coming into the house, had to buy the transformer too. The electricals in the house were already good to go, so was lucky.

So is the gist of zpool that they take 20% off the top but it's still overall more profitable because it monitors and switches between different algorithms based off the current rate?

hmm zpool takes 5% auto exchange + 2% pool fee or something like that, what you mine that you see as the top line, ya won't get all of that, cause not all coins are being sold in exchanges immediately, that is what the coin maturity is, But eventually you will get those coins that aren't sold immediately too.

The people that are saying that its 20%, they don't understand what coin maturity is lol, they just compare their top mining line with their payout and think Zpool is cheating them.

hmm zpool takes 5% auto exchange + 2% pool fee or something like that, what you mine that you see as the top line, ya won't get all of that, cause not all coins are being sold in exchanges immediately, that is what the coin maturity is, But eventually you will get those coins that aren't sold immediately too.

The people that are saying that its 20%, they don't understand what coin maturity is lol, they just compare their top mining line with their payout and think Zpool is cheating them.

Ya I figured there was more to the story.

On another note this current algo is Lyra2v2 and this not validated on CPU error keeps popping up:

validate CPU.jpg

This mean my mining is going down the toilet?

yeah, you shouldn't get that many rejections, if your rejections are high something is going wrong, either with the miner or overclocks, but you stated your card is not overclocked so I'm guessing with the miner? Did you overclock the memory, cause the memory can cause issues like this too.

up to a 3% rejection rate is ok, anything above that, I would look into some more, and its not good for the pool either, they can remove you from the pool if your rejection rate is too high.

Skein just started, it doesn't give these errors. I saw something on the net that lyra2v2 may not work properly with Cuda 9? Maybe I should remove it.

hmm if you go into the miner folder think it was, and you can change the miner that that coin is on

I haven't done this so it might not work, but the way I see the files are made, need to comment out the line for it in the cuda9 miner file by removing the # at the beginning of the line and then add the # which in power shell designates code in the miner file you want it to be on.

Vega switched from gaming to mining? That's all folks, graphics cards are officially dead!!

haha I still game, just stop mining when I do of course.

Doing Scrypt now, been stuck at refreshing $46/day. Maybe the V is really good at it.

wow that is interesting, scrypt is litecoin, and that hasn't been GPU mininable since the asics for them came out.

1.61 MH/s

I can hardly find any online resources about people mining with the V so I'm just testing everything on the zpool list.

Last edited:
ah cool, looks like there other scrypt coins added to zpool, didn't know that!

Time to add that to my awesome miner lol.

Ya not sure this is working properly. Been mining for 24 hours now and zpool says I've earned 0.0005 BTC, or about $5.

wow that is very low, something isn't going right. Try MPH instead see how that is?

Also its the first day, first day always starts low, today was a low day for me too, because BTC is down 11.5k, I'm still getting ~.2 bitcoins.

actually I get 0 lol, the miner just sits there, just hashing away no blocks found. So yeah can't do scrypt with GPU's anymore. Just remove it, I think something is messed up with that one.

This is what mine says, dunno if this is good or bad. My GPU is definitely being used though...

scrypt.jpg

yep that is pretty much what is happening to me too lol, if you don't see Yay or yes, or found, means its not finding any blocks ;), ya will be getting no money.

I have been running claymore on my v because I had even worse issues than you when I tried nice hash on it.

I have been running claymore on my v because I had even worse issues than you when I tried nice hash on it.

Can you elaborate kimura? What kind of profits you getting on claymore with your V?

Should I not run the algo's that give a lot of "can not be validated on CPU" messages? I've removed my overclock and still get it. But other algo's run fine...

Ok one thing I was testing out last night, there is NO coin that needs high memory clocks with any of the CC miners/multi coin mining pools. I have underclocked all of my cards memory to -500 Mhz and I'm still getting the same has rates. Going to test it out today and see if the payouts are the same.

Can you elaborate kimura? What kind of profits you getting on claymore with your V?

Should I not run the algo's that give a lot of "can not be validated on CPU" messages? I've removed my overclock and still get it. But other algo's run fine...
I'm just stating I have similar problems. Nothing spectacular here on claymore, I get about .01 eth a day. I didn't buy it to mine but at least it's better than letting it sit idle when I'm not using it. I'm going to try the new version of nice hash this weekend unless I see something better in this thread this week.

Ya all these mining calculators are topping at 1080Ti for NVIDIA. I'm manually trying to go through the algo's to see if the V does certain ones better than the 1080Ti.

Well I sold my Titan V for $5,000 so I don't regret purchasing it at all. I kind of wish I had ordered two of them now. I reckon that investing that $5,000 in the right crypto will yield far greater returns than mining with a Titan V. Even buying five GTX 1080 Ti's should offer better returns than keeping a Titan V at this point.

Good luck to those of you who are keeping yours.

Did you order a V just for mining? I ordered mine for gaming, so mining when I'm not using it is just a side project.

I ordered a Titan V for a few purposes. Gaming, mining, and video encoding of animated using upscaling algotithms that make use of Nvidia CuDNN. I thought it would yield outstanding performance in all areas, but I consistently saw no more than 30% performance increases at best, in all areas. Usually it was more like... 20% performance increase over a 1080 Ti. I didn't like having to be stuck with NVIDIA's shitty air cooler either. No watercooled Titan V options is no doubt hampering a lot of its performance potential.

I just ordered two watercooled 1080 Ti's instead and this set up is yielding much better gaming performance in games that support SLI, as well as superior mining performance, to a single Titan V. And factoring in the opportunity cost of keeping my Titan V instead of selling it for $5,000, two 1080 Ti's in SLI is a $3,200 cheaper setup for me to boot. Watch Dogs 2 for example is actually playable now at 4K / max settings and with temporal filtering turned off whereas before with the lone Titan V it would choke if I didn't enable temporal filtering. 1080 Ti SLI seems to be the way to go still for gaming purposes imo.

True, there is no doubt that two 1080Ti's in SLI will produce more FPS than a single V in SLI games. But once once you consider a higher and higher percentage of games don't work with SLI, more input lag, worse frame-times, etc the lines become a little more blurrer. Just saying.

Anyone know if this "diff" line in at the red arrow is an error? I've been removing all algo's that give the "not validated on CPU" error and wonder if I should also get rid of algo's that give this blue "diff" line. Slowly running out of algo's to mine with the V.

Diff.jpg

Last edited:
Well I sold my Titan V for $5,000 so I don't regret purchasing it at all. I kind of wish I had ordered two of them now. I reckon that investing that $5,000 in the right crypto will yield far greater returns than mining with a Titan V. Even buying five GTX 1080 Ti's should offer better returns than keeping a Titan V at this point.

Good luck to those of you who are keeping yours.

$5k? Holy shit.. guess I should be in for 2 when NV pops again.

Who da fuck would buy a used Titan V for 5k when you can get one new for 3k? :confused: 2k for QA?

True, there is no doubt that two 1080Ti's in SLI will produce more FPS than a single V in SLI games. But once once you consider a higher and higher percentage of games don't work with SLI, more input lag, worse frame-times, etc the lines become a little more blurrer. Just saying.

Anyone know if this "diff" line in at the red arrow is an error? I've been removing all algo's that give the "not validated on CPU" error and wonder if I should also get rid of algo's that give this blue "diff" line. Slowly running out of algo's to mine with the V.

View attachment 51228

That is the stratum difficulty, depending on how fast you mine a certain coin the stratum difficulty changes, its ever fluctuating, this is to make sure even people with lower end or amounts of hardware get their fare share of the blocks. Otherwise the guy with a 1000 cards will get most of the pool luck.

Don't worry too much about the "not validated" stuff, if you have more than 3% of your mining activity doing that then be worried about, otherwise its ok, it happens at times, usually that happens with bad overclocks, or network issues. Since we can rule out both of those probably, its probably the coin block chain if the same job is sent to two different people and now guy gets it done first, the other can't be validated.

my reject rates are between 0 to 4% for all the different coins I'm mining. Usually the coins that are mined at faster rates (lower block rewards and lower mining difficulties) have higher reject rates.

Last edited:
Ya not so sure about this mining.. my stats:

http://www.zpool.ca/?address=1B7yZU9xDuxCu2n1XmjTtc6DwT7zXhneDt

Mined for all last night and made ~$3 on zpool. So I am averaging about $9/day of actual income with a Titan V running 24/7. That is around half of what the benchmarks would imply.

That is correct, the coins that you have removed, are actually some of the more profitable coins, I would try to get those coins working on miners that work. Till those other miners are updated, your profits are going to be cut down some :/ Kinda sux.

I've been thinking about trying ahashpool to see how it goes.

Ok one thing I was testing out last night, there is NO coin that needs high memory clocks with any of the CC miners/multi coin mining pools. I have underclocked all of my cards memory to -500 Mhz and I'm still getting the same has rates. Going to test it out today and see if the payouts are the same.

Have you tried underclocking the memory and trying to push core clocks a bit? Generally what power % are you using?

Back