• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nvidia Surround Problem I need assistance!

Mr.Domo

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
89
I got myself an nvidia surround setup, I didn't had any problems setting the displays but I did

noticed that my refresh rates won't go beyond 60hz after the setup is done...even when I see

the tab which displays the refresh rates available, it just won't accept it... here's a pic:

Reshz.png


is this normal? if not, what I'm doing wrong? any advices or tips are welcomed!




Also non-topic, does anyone playing Black Ops on eyefinity/surround? pm if you do please!
 
I am running Nvidia Surround portrait and 60hz is my only option also. So I dont know if thats a limitation on the Surround part. I even went and installed monitor drivers for my Dell U2311H and got the same result.
 
Your trying to run 3x 1080p 120Hz screens in surround landscape?
 
You never specified whether you are using 3DVision Surround or 2D Surround, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have made the thread unless you were using 120hz monitors...?
 
You never specified whether you are using 3DVision Surround or 2D Surround, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have made the thread unless you were using 120hz monitors...?

I'm using 3 acer 120hz displays... also I have the 3d glasses, but I want to run 120hz in 2d and i cant...and if I want to run 3d also has to be 120hz...
 
I think that your problem is that bezel corrected resoultion, remember 120Hz @ 5760x1080 is the max resoltution that 120Hz supports.
 
Make sure you have three of the same exact 3D monitor models. Otherwise, it's not going to work.

Also, make sure you have dual-link DVI cables for each monitor.
 
Random question but why is it that I cant get my monitor @ 5760x1080 with bezel correction ? Its at like 6022x xxxx , I dont get it.
 
I think that your problem is that bezel corrected resoultion, remember 120Hz @ 5760x1080 is the max resoltution that 120Hz supports.

Make sure you have three of the same exact 3D monitor models. Otherwise, it's not going to work.

Also, make sure you have dual-link DVI cables for each monitor.

I have them on all monitors! :/
 
I have them on all monitors! :/

I realize this is a basic question but are ALL of your Acers connected with Dual Link DVI cables to the cards? If one DVI cable isn't dual link it won't run 120hz to all three.
 
I realize this is a basic question but are ALL of your Acers connected with Dual Link DVI cables to the cards? If one DVI cable isn't dual link it won't run 120hz to all three.

Yeah, i'm just using the ones that came with the displays...
 
Reinstall the video card drivers then , use driver sweep to make sure nothing is left behind as well before you install the drivers again.

Try once more.

My GTX 480's wouldn't run SLI until i reinstalled the video card drivers so perhaps it won't work right until you do the same.
 
take a look at the dvi cable pins. are there ANY empty spots?

is there a menu setting in the LCD for "3d mode?" I have to adjust this on my TV everytime I wish to use 3D Vision on it.
 
Reinstall the video card drivers then , use driver sweep to make sure nothing is left behind as well before you install the drivers again.

Try once more.

My GTX 480's wouldn't run SLI until i reinstalled the video card drivers so perhaps it won't work right until you do the same.

well I tried re-installing everything and nothing even using driver sweeper
 
First, I honestly didn't now that dual link dvi cables are required for 120hz, I have to admit that. I have 3 Asus 120hz 23inch monitors still sitting here NIB that I have yet to play with. Not that my GTX 280 can run surround anyways :p but here is the thing, running 1920x1080 does not require a dual link DVI, perhaps Acer boxed your monitor with single link DVI cables. I just opened one and checked and the manual says it comes packaged with Dual Link DVI cables. Looking at the cable I can confirm it, no missing pins, check yours, otherwise try one monitor at a time and see if they work at 120hz individually, Call acer, maybe they can send you a edid update or something if it's still not working, BTW I amost bought those Acer, very nice monitors, sorry your having trouble.
 
Last edited:
First, I honestly didn't now that dual link dvi cables are required for 120hz, I have to admit that. I have 3 Asus 120hz 23inch monitors still sitting here NIB that I have yet to play with. Not that my GTX 280 can run surround anyways :p but here is the thing, running 1920x1080 does not require a dual link DVI, perhaps Acer boxed your monitor with single link DVI cables. I just opened one and checked and the manual says it comes packaged with Dual Link DVI cables. Looking at the cable I can confirm it, no missing pins

Dual link DVI is required for its higher bandwith. Here is a quote :

With a single DVI link, the largest resolution possible at 60 Hz is 2.75 megapixels (including blanking interval). For practical purposes, this allows a maximum screen resolution at 60 Hz of 1,915 × 1,436 pixels (standard 4:3 ratio).When more bandwidth is required than is possible with a single link, the second link is enabled and alternate pixels may be transmitted on each link. This allows theoretically unlimited resolutions at unlimited speeds as long as the transmitter, cable, and display still meet the DVI specification at such extreme speeds


So for a 1920x1080 120hz monitor its a total of 5.5 megapixels that need to be pushed per display and at a rate of 7.92Gbps ( I believe its 4.7Gbps for this resolution which puts it slightly above the single link limit) max for the limit of the port. And since the Nvidia reference cards don't come with Display Port its really the only option for 120hz displays. And every 120hz display I've tried comes packed with dual link DVI cables (except Alienware).
 
Last edited:
Dual link DVI is required for its higher bandwith. Here is a quote

Oh I wasn't doubting, I simply never read up on that. I know that above 1920x1200 you need dual link, but now I have confirmed this ^^ myself, using both a single and the dual link my monitor came with, this thing can run 120hz only with the dual link. BTW it's a beautiful monitor and I'm just using it now for the first time. No tearing at all in my games!

I'll have my build finalized in January after Sandy Bridge comes out so until then I can't help on the surround issue @ 120hz Sorry Op.
 
Back
Top