Nvidia : Market Manipulation

Gotta wonder if delays now will result in inflation due to higher cost of manufacturing and raw materials down the road. May be more to this than meets the eyeball as the entire workd is being turned on its ear…

And they can’t distinguish with out the aid of their drivers reporting back usage statistics from gforce experience, so they can only say with certainty how many gaming CPU’s were sold they have no accurate means of then saying what they are used for.

And that is fine. I wouldn't suggest they use their drivers to send data home.

It's the part where they just said "gaming" and omitted that there was also likely a substantial portion of that demand which was not for gaming purposes, but rather for mining.

Not being able to quantify that is fine, but calling it all gaming and not highlighting that a substantial (but unknown) portion of that is mining demand and highlighting it as a risk should mining go into decline (like it had previously done at the end of the 10xx series in 2018 when they got stuck with inventory they had to write off)
Essentially, they lied by omission about the risks the company was exposed to, and got sued for it.

Crypto mining is by its very nature very cyclical, and by suggesting that the sales were "gaming" (where demand is much more stable) but not also highlighting that there was a substantial portion of it that was mining they were hiding company risks from their investors.

Now, one could argue that anyone who knows the industry knows that gaming cars are also used for mining, and that this likely represents a substantial proportion of "gaming" sales, and that one shouldn't invest in things one doesn't understand, but that is a different conversation all together.

Last edited:
Because he's a 40 year old man-child who has to try and compete with LTT, and others who are perhaps more established or have a better consistent format for what they deliver..........he, like Kyle/Bitwit........pretty much superfluous.......
Linus is an out of touch moron imbecile also btw, just flexing his mansion and wealth on projects his average view cannot relate to. Videos filled to the brim with obnoxious ads plugging his stupid merch, although his $70 screwdriver got good reviews.

Linus is an out of touch moron imbecile also btw, just flexing his mansion and wealth on projects his average view cannot relate to. Videos filled to the brim with obnoxious ads plugging his stupid merch, although his $70 screwdriver got good reviews.
You don't wanna know why he has 80 employees ? Or how he wired his home theater room... where he seems to have grifted a bunch of companies for free shit... or his 30 room Lan runs at home. Or how he got X or Y stupid expensive bit of kit from work took it home and didn't bring it back. Or how he is hoping to use his Pool as a really big water cooling reservoir ??

Your missing out.....

No your not. Linus is a massive tool. He is a shame to all Canadian hardware geeks.

Yeah, I largely stopped watching anything he's done because seriously, I don't give a fuck why you did this or that in your house, great you have 10Gbps networking or whatever... like seriously dude, is that legal in Canada do build up your house and call it a business expense because you put it on youtube? That said, I'll still occasionally watch Techlinked, the progress bar is split up by subject so I can jump to whatever story I actually want to hear about, and I know where to skip past his mid video ad.

Yeah, I largely stopped watching anything he's done because seriously, I don't give a fuck why you did this or that in your house, great you have 10Gbps networking or whatever... like seriously dude, is that legal in Canada do build up your house and call it a business expense because you put it on youtube? That said, I'll still occasionally watch Techlinked, the progress bar is split up by subject so I can jump to whatever story I actually want to hear about, and I know where to skip past his mid video ad.
Unfortunately yes legit expenses most likely.

Worse because he is filming in Canada with a Canadian crew... he is almost for sure also getting Grant money from tax payers. We are so scared of being over run by our Southern brothers culture that we pay our artists to create, even if 90% of the time its shit and 50% of the time its just a complete scam. LOL

Its great to be Canadian sometimes.

It is, I checked… and with that I need to stream myself painting Warhammer so I can write off the taxes and shipping expenses. And If I don’t make money at least I can write down the losses…

It is, I checked… and with that I need to stream myself painting Warhammer so I can write off the taxes and shipping expenses. And If I don’t make money at least I can write down the losses…
I would say start a DIY channel, where I hire pros to fix my house, and then critique how I would have done it... but then again writing off business expenses isn't really all it's cracked up to be... still need to bring the cash flow in for it to largely matter.

i clicked like on everything except the $70 screwdriver. i'm an electrician and have good screwdrivers but even i'm not paying $70 for a screwdriver. but i guess like the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute. heck, i thought it was dumb when he was selling that $40 water bottle or whatever it is, but i guess enough chumps bought them that they're still selling and expanding their line of stupidly overpriced merch?

what really get's to me lately is that the videos they put out almost seem like they should be on "Youtube Kids!" to the point i rarely click on his vids anymore. but i guess that seems to be the way of the zoomer... living the cringe life?

Might run into issues if your not youtube monetized... I'm not a tax expert or a practicing tax lawyer. Not giving advice....
Create a patrion or open an account on a similar site. Get a family member to give you $1 a month to create your videos. Bingo you are now a working paid videographer.

Unfortunately most of the big tax credits are on Labour costs. Linus like to post stupid videos bragging about his 80 employees what he doesn't say is he gets a 25% tax credit on everyone of them via the Canadian Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (CPTC) which is has no cap but is tied to production cost. (which is why he is constantly installing insane amounts of hardware... gotta keep those costs up). He is also eligible to claim the Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC) which is another 16% on wages, it costs five grand to apply for it but other then that no cap. PSTC Would apply to basically every single employee he has. There are likely also a bunch of provincial grants and funding programs he is likely goosing.

I think what he's getting at is , all these companies got used to charging whatever they wanted for their products during the pandemic, now that they can no longer use the pandemic as an excuse to charge outrageous prices, they are shifting their strategy to more insidious measures.

Which is fine, companies can do what they want, but its good to have the information on hand so you can use it to make a buying decision.
They don't need an excuse to charge what enough consumers are willing to pay and the market will bear. These companies cannot create demand.

In other words what's "outrageous" pricing to one person is acceptable to enough other people to sustain the pricing. Therefore being angry at companies is barking up wrong tree when the real beef is with the consumers happily handing their money over.

How is it not market manipulation?

"Our strategy is to reduce the sell-in -- reduce the sell-in this quarter, next quarter to let channel inventory correct"

When you obviously have the inventory, but choose to limit the supply, obviously you're manipulating the market to keep your product on the demand side. Its not a hard concept.
Optimizing their supply/demand curve is what every company producing products seeks to do, especially publicly traded ones who are legally obligated to do so for the benefit of their shareholders.

Jensen is also oversimplifying in the statement about "reducing sell-in to let existing channel inventory correct" - the actual calculus is more complex, trade secret, and beyond the scope of an investor call. Point being it's not as simple as just dragging their feet until there are no longer 3000 series gpus on retail shelves - there's an opportunity cost to delaying, and there are many variables they are factoring that the public doesn't have visibility of. The retail point of sale of a GPU is not the moment Nvidia makes their ROI.

Last edited:
I stopped watching jay and his clickbait videos many months ago. Hes frankly become more and more annoying.

Also nvidia is using simple supply and demand which isnt manipulation.....its business 101.
This. I didn't realize Jay was down that bad that he's now just full on pandering to low-information viewers and the 12-22 age demographic with his trying to "sensationalize the obvious" as though it's some conspiracy.

And then has the nerve to try backpedaling in his comments "look guys I know every company does this" like the whole video wasn't planned, scripted and recorded in bad faith. Cashing out his integrity for a red nose and clown shoes, fucking idiot.

Last edited:
This. I didn't realize Jay was down that bad that he's now just full on pandering to low-information viewers and the 12-22 age demographic with his trying to "sensationalize the obvious" as though it's some conspiracy.

And then has the nerve to try backpedaling in his comments "look guys I know every company does this" like the whole video wasn't planned, scripted and recorded in bad faith. Cashing out his integrity for a red nose and clown shoes, fucking idiot.
Its disappointing. Jay has been entertaining to watch on youtube for quite a while.

Whats next? Grocery stores putting food with longest expiration dates in the back? What scoundrels!

Unfortunately yes legit expenses most likely.

Worse because he is filming in Canada with a Canadian crew... he is almost for sure also getting Grant money from tax payers. We are so scared of being over run by our Southern brothers culture that we pay our artists to create, even if 90% of the time its shit and 50% of the time its just a complete scam. LOL

Its great to be Canadian sometimes.

To be fair, it's better than most of the crap CBC is putting out, although that's not a particularly high bar.

You don't wanna know why he has 80 employees ? Or how he wired his home theater room... where he seems to have grifted a bunch of companies for free shit... or his 30 room Lan runs at home. Or how he got X or Y stupid expensive bit of kit from work took it home and didn't bring it back. Or how he is hoping to use his Pool as a really big water cooling reservoir ??

Your missing out.....

No your not. Linus is a massive tool. He is a shame to all Canadian hardware geeks.
The only linus video I have enjoyed was the one with Louis Rossman. But only because Louis seemed totally uncomfortable, and looks like he is thinking in his head "jeebus. linus is more annoying in person, than in his videos. I didnt think this was possible."
Jay is nearing that level. But agreed with most on here - the whole video and his "seriousness" is just clickbait-y. Wish there were good print sites still that aren't closed captioned text from a youtuber.

1662736799511.png

Although you have the option to view what he said, I gave you both, either the direct website or YT.

How is it not market manipulation?

"Our strategy is to reduce the sell-in -- reduce the sell-in this quarter, next quarter to let channel inventory correct"

When you obviously have the inventory, but choose to limit the supply, obviously you're manipulating the market to keep your product on the demand side. Its not a hard concept.
I am not sure it is obvious that Nvidia has inventory here, we talking sell-in future quarter of a company that I do not see why would they ever had any inventory (in the sense I would have imagined them selling everything to people fighting between each other to command from them before they are even made), I would have assumed that channel inventory would have been AIB-reseller-grosser, etc...

Regardless, yes I cannot imagine NVIDIA would not take action to not get people with large inventory mad and not hurt the high value of the product to much, one could say it is a form of market manipulation (like a product stack naming and binning is or stopping the previous gen when you have a new one would be), but I am not sure I see the more classic definition of what people have in mind:

Market manipulation is conduct designed to deceive investors by controlling or artificially affecting the price of securities.1 Manipulation is illegal in most cases, but it can be difficult for regulators and other authorities to detect and prove.
Market manipulation may involve factually false statements as well, but it always seeks to influence prices in order to mislead other market participants.

Nvidia should have the decent thing here and just renamed them and re-released them RTX 3060 noooo RTX 4055 ULTRA OC Xtreem Cooling Edition

This was the video that finally got him an unsub from me. His old water cooling content was good, but now he's just a blathering shill who also likes to talk beyond his understanding. Even his build videos are boring shill videos these days.

"Oh look! Jay is doing a build using entirely stock components exclusively from a single brand! So fascinating! And check out that new case he totally chose on his own which also just happens to be the exact same case which three dozen other shills have 'independently chosen' to feature this week!"

It would be nice to see Jay do a reboot of legitimate water cooling content, but I honestly don't think he has that capability in him any more.

It is how they make money. Once a youtuber gets big enough they start putting out more fluff videos. I don't watch his channel, except if it comes up in search results or is posted somewhere like here. But he is certainly doing more "lets speculate" videos that could be summed up in 2 minutes. Didn't he put out a video a month or so back saying Nvidia was putting off their GPUs for a whole year?

It is how they make money. Once a youtuber gets big enough they start putting out more fluff videos. I don't watch his channel, except if it comes up in search results or is posted somewhere like here. But he is certainly doing more "lets speculate" videos that could be summed up in 2 minutes. Didn't he put out a video a month or so back saying Nvidia was putting off their GPUs for a whole year?

I honestly wish we could kill off paid influencing.

I don't know, whether pushing so e thing or demonstrating something at the behest of someone else, if the hardware was provided for free, or the content was paid for, or even if there were only some sort of vague considerations for a future relationship thete should be a big ass colorful bouncing banner that says:

"This is an ad you nitwit!"

...the entire video.

This stupid AstroTurf advertising needs to end, permanently.

At least hold YouTubers and other social media personalities to the same standards we hold "paid content" on local news stations, and even that isn't rwgukated hard enough.

It occurs to me that this 'problem' may very well correct itself. If Nvidia tries to hold back their new 4xxx series, AMD will likely come on strong with their new cards. At that point nobody is going to want Nvidia's old 3xxx series. They may have no choice but to eat the cost of their overstock. This is provided that AMD can keep up with market demand and that's yet to be seen.

I vehemently disagree with you, and wonder where you are getting this information. About 20 million GPU's are going to flood the market in 2 weeks.
Anything can be sold for the right price. Many people, including myself, are waiting for a cheap GPU that can replace their aging mid 2010's graphics card. What people are doing is either lowering graphic settings or buying a PS5.
Newest Steam Survey says Ampere just edged out Turning cards. Edit: Pascal not Turing.

Via https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-most-popular-according-to-steam

Ampere is at 21.7% vs 20.1% Pascal.
Top 2 cards are still Pascal, and it also took Nvidia 6 years to beat their 2016 cards by 1.6%.

Many people, including myself, are waiting for a cheap GPU that can replace their aging mid 2010's graphics card.
If you can find a ps5 cheaper and easier than a GPU, that would be a pretty lucrative skill.

Every GPU on facebook around me has a slash through the original price, probably almost all of them would take 30% less if offered. I really don't know how you can't find a GPU right now.

The PC community is going full retard over this video. On Reddit alone I've encountered a link to this video probably over 100 times across dozens of threads. It's everywhere. Every post about 30 series prices or 40 series rumors has a link to the vid or a discussion about it. I've seen the phrase "articial/manufactured scarcity" more times in the last 72 hours than my entire life leading up to this point.

It all boils down to either "Nvidia is going to manipulate the market" or "Jay's an idiot don't listen to him."

For Jay's sake he better hope he's right, if Huang walks out on stage September 20th and announces the 4080 for $700, Jay is going to need a really long and emotional "I screwed up" apology video to fix this one. Sheesh. The next few weeks are going to be interesting.

Last edited:
Well, he would have to truly understand the GPU business in order to be making such statements. This video only underlines his ignorance of how the channel operates. I am no Nvidia defender, however the AIBs are drowning in inventory currently, and having huge inventories rolling into year-end is never a good thing. Cash flow in the video card business is king, and that is being extremely hampered at the moment. Control of the channel has been lost and Nvidia is simply trying to reel that in the only way they can.
My question would be if the AIBs having huge inventories is because of the Purchase contracts they had to sign in order to get needed parts. Were the AIBs "forced" to order quantities that were unrealistic in delivery by NVIDIA let alone unrealistic in the ability to actually sell that quantity of inventory? It's not like the AIBs cam come out and say it w/o getting sent to the back of waiting list the next time parts are actually needed.

My question would be if the AIBs having huge inventories is because of the Purchase contracts they had to sign in order to get needed parts. Were the AIBs "forced" to order quantities that were unrealistic in delivery by NVIDIA let alone unrealistic in the ability to actually sell that quantity of inventory? It's not like the AIBs cam come out and say it w/o getting sent to the back of waiting list the next time parts are actually needed.
They’re never “forced”. Discounting based on quantities is always allowed - that’s super common across every industry (one of the last places I worked I could resell Samsung TVs. It was cheaper to buy them from Best Buy. But if you needed 150 of them? Yeaaahhhh. Then I’m cheaper. 500? Heh, I’m way way way cheaper). The AIB bought based on discount levels and anticipated need. They guessed wrong. Happens constantly - micro center just ran BIG deals last month on leftover Z590 boards and 11700K cpu. I missed out but it was cheap as hell. Some of that was Intel helping. Some was them dumping inventory.

I mean you can only do so many water cooling videos before it becomes stale. I think a lot of these types of channels took a huge hit during the GPUocolypse as people (like myself) really didn't give too shits about new builds, or benchmarks, or any other shit associated with new hardware, so who knows maybe feels he needs to expand his "brand"

They’re never “forced”. Discounting based on quantities is always allowed - that’s super common across every industry (one of the last places I worked I could resell Samsung TVs. It was cheaper to buy them from Best Buy. But if you needed 150 of them? Yeaaahhhh. Then I’m cheaper. 500? Heh, I’m way way way cheaper). The AIB bought based on discount levels and anticipated need. They guessed wrong. Happens constantly - micro center just ran BIG deals last month on leftover Z590 boards and 11700K cpu. I missed out but it was cheap as hell. Some of that was Intel helping. Some was them dumping inventory.
That's why I used 'forced" in quotes. As someone who does procurement for parts myself, I have seen 1st hand what happens when there is only 1 company (in this case 2) in the world who makes a certain part. MOQ are put in place along with the higher prices to match to force you to buy way more than you will ever need for a product cycle. I wouldn't called that "discounting based on quantities".

We had one supplier who tried this with a certain type of RF product we needed by starting to require a $5000 min line qty per PO. Luckily, one phone call to the company that was our customer (big player in the RF and Defense world) of the final product that we build for them and that was no longer an issue. We are a small company, but our customer was the suppliers largest customer by far. They were told in no uncertain words to not fuck with the little guy. We got lucky, most other companies are not that lucky.

So I quess my point/question was is that we don't know what NVIDIA may have in place for MOQs or shipment releases or any of that. Nor would the AIBs be able to disclose that without future repercussions IMO.

If you can find a ps5 cheaper and easier than a GPU, that would be a pretty lucrative skill.

Every GPU on facebook around me has a slash through the original price, probably almost all of them would take 30% less if offered. I really don't know how you can't find a GPU right now.
Most people aren't aware of the current market situation. For 2 years the GPU prices have been terrible, and JoeSixPack isn't going to sit down and find out that prices have dropped. To them, it's easier to buy a PS5 than a GPU for their aging computer. Most people aren't in forums talking about computer hardware. They spend maybe 5 minutes on Amazon and if the price isn't right then they're buying a PS5. There are many consequences for having GPU prices going to the moon.

It all boils down to either "Nvidia is going to manipulate the market" or "Jay's an idiot don't listen to him."

For Jay's sake he better hope he's right, if Huang walks out on stage September 20th and announces the 4080 for $700, Jay is going to need a really long and emotional "I screwed up" apology video to fix this one. Sheesh. The next few weeks are going to be interesting.
I unsubscribed to JaysTwoCents after he told people they should buy a graphics card back in July otherwise they're stupid. Pretty clear that AIB partners pushed him to get his viewers to buy as many graphic cards. If he's willing to throw that many people under the bus then he's not worth my time to even humor whatever he wants to talk about.

I unsubscribed to JaysTwoCents after he told people they should buy a graphics card back in July otherwise they're stupid. Pretty clear that AIB partners pushed him to get his viewers to buy as many graphic cards. If he's willing to throw that many people under the bus then he's not worth my time to even humor whatever he wants to talk about.
Yeah I unsubbed sometime during the pandemic GPUcalypse where he really lost touch with viewers with all the builds he was doing when no one could get cards. That said, I do occasionally see the videos pop up, and yeah I saw that one and was like "WTF Jay, don't act like you have special insider knowledge, this ship is sinking and consumers are going to benefit... if they don't listen to you!!!"

Yeah I unsubbed sometime during the pandemic GPUcalypse where he really lost touch with viewers with all the builds he was doing when no one could get cards. That said, I do occasionally see the videos pop up, and yeah I saw that one and was like "WTF Jay, don't act like you have special insider knowledge, this ship is sinking and consumers are going to benefit... if they don't listen to you!!!"
LinusTechTips is right on the edge because they did the same thing, but also promoted Apple products because they go brrr. Also like 9 out of 10 videos are of them building a wacky PC. Once in a while they do make a good. Jayztwocents is entirely them making wacky computer builds that usually cost as much as a car. Nothing of value to be found there.

Reactions: noko
like this
LinusTechTips is right on the edge because they did the same thing, but also promoted Apple products because they go brrr. Also like 9 out of 10 videos are of them building a wacky PC. Once in a while they do make a good. Jayztwocents is entirely them making wacky computer builds that usually cost as much as a car. Nothing of value to be found there.
LTT is generally pretty anti-Apple. Linus loves to say whatever he thinks his flock of sheep wants to hear regardless of whether or not it is true. He knows his flock values feelings over facts. That's why he has always said that iPhones suck so much they're completely unusable despite having been an iPhone user himself for most of the last 10 years. It was only very recently that he stopped wearing his Apple Watch on camera - probably from getting called out as a liar/hypocrite in the comments one too many times.

Jay's builds mostly have not been high budget builds except for a 1x/yr dual GPU showcase PC (which I think he stopped when Ampere was released in 2019). He's been paid to do a handful of 3090 builds, but those are the exception not the norm. But since those are shill builds, even those had at most 64GB RAM and a single 1TB NVMe drive.

HW Unbox

Level1 Techs

Serve the Home

Digital Foundry

SmartHomeSolver

All I watch/subscribe to in term of TechTube™️

I'll watch the occasional LTT or MKBHD or whoever just for a specific product demo I want to see - I skip through Linus' house build videos when in my feed sometimes just to see if any smart home things catch my eye

Level1 Techs
I checked them out when I heard people recommending them, but I found their channel "odd." They posted a performance comparison video between I believe the 5800X3D and "Intel" for Stellaris, a real-time 4x strategy game that is notorious for poor performance as the game progresses. Single thread performance is king in it. Modern reviewers (even the technical YouTuber ones like Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed) do a really bad job at reviewing CPU performance on games, since they typically don't include CPU-intensive games in their tests. So this was a unique video. But as I already mentioned, the comparison was "5800X3D" vs "Intel".

All through the video they kept referencing exact performance numbers and differences between the 5800X3D and "Intel" (5800X3D was winning). By the end of the several minute video, they still had not stated what "Intel" model they tested against - could have been multiple generations old for all viewers know. I have no idea what the point was of a performance comparison that did not identify the second of two models tested - there was not a single comment on the video that called them out on it either. Maybe it was intentionally trying to generate controversy for publicity, but it failed? I just assumed it was an AMD fanboy channel instead of an impartial fact-based one, so I did not continue watching any others.

Last edited:
Interesting topic turned to YouTuber Content, MSI was caught or exposed through Hardware Unbox trying to manipulate. Anyways the standards for GPU reviews have fallen way down on these video reviews. Their reliance for support from companies seems to be increasing as ad revenues shrink. I like how Hardware Unbox buys many of their review samples from the support they get from their patreon support. Still I find their video reviews lacking, while running a bunch of canned benchmarks, the quality or checks to make sure stutter, anomalies, real game performance (game benchmarks can be very much different then actual game play and optimized for in the drivers) is totally missing.

The masters of the written reviews of the past has virtually disappeared, too bad, where you can analyze quickly by going back and forth through the article much easier than a video plus much more streamline and faster to obtain the information, I can read a hell a lot faster than video pace, pause as needed to reread and take in what was being said.

How anyone can make money now with a well reviewed/edited/thought about written review would be very challenging. AIBs, OEMs etc. just has more presence on the easy to click on video showcasing their products plus finding a wishy washy youtuber willing to take your money to speak nicely about your product appears to be just too easy. The utterly narrow minded approach and lack of testing copycatted across virtually all the channels is very disappointing. Personally I would like to see well researched, professionally written/edited (nailing the points) back by video to enhance what was found since video can show and point out specifics on things harder to express via just text. Plus real exploration, dig deep into the details, peel that onion so to speak which is totally absent today on the amatuer or elementary school level content.

If Actually Hardcore Overclocking (Buildzoid) put to text his many very informative videos, that would be a Goldmine for real Overclockers and builders to improve their skills. Going through his videos and remembering etc. and putting to use is a total different problem.

Interesting topic turned to YouTuber Content, MSI was caught or exposed through Hardware Unbox trying to manipulate. Anyways the standards for GPU reviews have fallen way down on these video reviews. Their reliance for support from companies seems to be increasing as ad revenues shrink. I like how Hardware Unbox buys many of their review samples from the support they get from their patreon support. Still I find their video reviews lacking, while running a bunch of canned benchmarks, the quality or checks to make sure stutter, anomalies, real game performance (game benchmarks can be very much different then actual game play and optimized for in the drivers) is totally missing.

The masters of the written reviews of the past has virtually disappeared, too bad, where you can analyze quickly by going back and forth through the article much easier than a video plus much more streamline and faster to obtain the information, I can read a hell a lot faster than video pace, pause as needed to reread and take in what was being said.

How anyone can make money now with a well reviewed/edited/thought about written review would be very challenging. AIBs, OEMs etc. just has more presence on the easy to click on video showcasing their products plus finding a wishy washy youtuber willing to take your money to speak nicely about your product appears to be just too easy. The utterly narrow minded approach and lack of testing copycatted across virtually all the channels is very disappointing. Personally I would like to see well researched, professionally written/edited (nailing the points) back by video to enhance what was found since video can show and point out specifics on things harder to express via just text. Plus real exploration, dig deep into the details, peel that onion so to speak which is totally absent today on the amatuer or elementary school level content.

If Actually Hardcore Overclocking (Buildzoid) put to text his many very informative videos, that would be a Goldmine for real Overclockers and builders to improve their skills. Going through his videos and remembering etc. and putting to use is a total different problem.
Well written reviews are something I miss terribly. Between the forums and the reviews I got most of my information from the [H] back in the day and... god do I miss that... There's too much shit in most of the videos where people drone on and on endlessly about their opinions (Moores Law Is Dead.... I almost can't stand watching his stuff anymore regardless of how accurate he is) and such. Then there is the banter between people on livestreams that destroys my immersion into why I watch Youtubers. Some I watch, most I turn off less than half way through.

Skipping around in well written articles is an awesome luxury and almost a thing of the past.

I still enjoy FPS Review , pretty sure Brent once wrote for the [H]

Back