Nvidia is preparing something SUPER

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
Nvidia is announcing something, probably at COMPUTEX

What could it be?

I don't think its a video card, but I do think its gaming related. Maybe the SheildTV succesor that was rumored a while back?

Its a water cooler for the new TVs and gfx cards.
Mega lumens and ultra clocked GPUs ftw, all with one cooling system.
The water flow rate is used to drive a fan for the air cooler, how good is that, a turbo water cooler!

Beer might have influenced this post.

giphy.gif

After RTX, I can hardly contain my excitement.

/s

It will be new GPU control panel... tightly integrated with Geforce Experience ( ︶︿︶)

Last edited:

We joke, but it wouldn't hurt. Their control panel looks hopelessly dated.

for reals. other than adding more sections, have they even updated the interface ever? I have vague memories of it looking exactly the same 15+ years ago when i was using a Geforce FX with version 50-something of the driver back when it was branded "Detonater" but i could be transposing that

Isn't computex CPU oriented? A "Super" computer related announcement?

As a consumer anything from NVidia with a special shiny new Logo will likely be out of my price range.

if it''s not a gpu/cpu i dont care :D but i guess it is not a cpu. but is gpu and cpu's that different that nvidia wouldnt be able to do it?

if it''s not a gpu/cpu i dont care :D but i guess it is not a cpu. but is gpu and cpu's that different that nvidia wouldnt be able to do it?
Nvidia has actually made some ARM-based CPUs in the past for android devices.

I doubt that's what this is, though.

Nvidia has actually made some ARM-based CPUs in the past for android devices.

I doubt that's what this is, though.
oki. too early for new gfx cards i guess if past is any indication. normally some 2 years inbetween, but i first got serious when 980ti came so didnt pay much attention before that.

But I don't know how willing NVidia is to cannablize their RTX sales like that... gotta recoup all that R&D

We could more or less say that Nvidia has achieved their assumed goals with RTX- it's in the market, the software stack is there, and developers are working on it.

At that point, sales are sales and profit is profit. They can push RTX to the lower mid-range next generation, and they'll still probably hit the market before AMD gets hardware DXR support out there.

It's a virtual certainty that there will be no GTX 1680. That would basically be admitting defeat on RTX.

Unless Nvidia really really wants to spoil Navi, in which case I could potentially see them taking the risk of cannablizing their own parts to take the spotlight off of AMD. But yeah I agree it's quite unlikely and certainly not what this teaser is about.

Back