NVIDIA GK104 Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
3dcenter (Link Removed because of a report of a virus)

GK104
supposedly slightly smaller die size than the GF114
unknown architecture, whether Kepler, Fermi or Kepler / Fermi mix adopted 640-768 (1D) shader units approved 80-96 texture units (TMUs) Memory Interface unclear, 256 to 384-bit DDR are possible maximum computing performance: rumors "well over 2 TFLOPs" Performance: allegedly a bit faster than the GeForce GTX 580 Launch: first initial / middle quarter of 2012

This card looks like a replacement card for 560ti and 570 rumors are it will be under $300.

Last edited:
I read how this new card could be even faster than a GTX 580. If Nvidia could really pull this off for under $300 it could very well put AMD's entire line-up in a lot of trouble.

But to be honest, it sounds way too good to be true. And it seems we still have to wait quite some time for these cards.

But to be honest, it sounds way too good to be true. And it seems we still have to wait quite some time for these cards.

Rumors are NVIDIA is having much better production yields with GK104 28nm GPU than what was seen with 40nm GPU production process.

Rumor is that the GK104 is already being produced in mass quantities. NVIDIA has been very quiet and I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA blows everyone away with this GPU In the next few weeks.

I stayed up doing a whole bunch of searches on Google and all kinds of stuff is popping up. No solid official word from NVIDIA yet but plenty of people throwing out bits and pieces of information about this new GPU.

I think NVIDIA is going to put out the GK104 at a great price and seriously hurt AMD.

AMD is going to have to drop the price of HD79XX if this is true.

I can't remember the last time nVidia actually put a compelling price on a video card. They've always charged a premium over AMD/ATI.

Bring on the competition and single card surround!

ya we need another surge in the video card market to bring down prices. it is pretty bad when i can sell my gtx460s for more then i paid for them over a year later.

Rumors are NVIDIA is having much better production yields with GK104 28nm GPU than what was seen with 40nm GPU production process.

Rumor is that the GK104 is already being produced in mass quantities. NVIDIA has been very quiet and I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA blows everyone away with this GPU In the next few weeks.

I stayed up doing a whole bunch of searches on Google and all kinds of stuff is popping up. No solid official word from NVIDIA yet but plenty of people throwing out bits and pieces of information about this new GPU.

I think NVIDIA is going to put out the GK104 at a great price and seriously hurt AMD.

AMD is going to have to drop the price of HD79XX if this is true.

It depends who you ask. There are also strong rumors of poor yields and late availability

Nvidia prefered to cripple and rename the 570 (560Ti 448) rather to drop its price. I'm not sure a new chip would come at a lower price point with a higher performance.

I can't remember the last time nVidia actually put a compelling price on a video card. They've always charged a premium over AMD/ATI.

Remember the GTX 460?

Every now and then nvidia releases great budget cards, but I'm not sure GK104 will be the case.

nVidia better leak some news quick or they're going to lose a shit pot of sales to AMD when the 7900 series hits. I, for one, would like to wait on Kepler but with most of the rumors pointing to the end of the year for the 580 replacement, I'm picking up a 7970 at launch unless I hear something soon.

New Nvidia GPU's are getting announced 2nd weekend in Feb with full availability soon after.

New Nvidia GPU's are getting announced 2nd weekend in Feb with full availability soon after.

that puts it inline with my new IB build and Z77 mobo(atleast i sure hope those come out soon after in march!)

The GK104 isn't the enthusiast part, the GK100 is.
The price is very possible since the GK104 is equivalent to the GTX 560.

I remember buying XFX GTX 275 for 200 bucks from Egg.

2nd week of February new Nvidia info eh? I can wait that long...

I'm just hoping that NVIDIA relaxes some of requirements they put on AIBs with this series. The no-underclock restriction in place on 5xx-series cards has caused some issues with AIBs who've been looking to offer better passively-cooled cards.

8800gt(possibly the 512mb GTS) and GTX 460. Both were amazing for the price.

I know ppl that know ppl. I can't reveal sources but when it comes time. I will posting in the thread " I told you so "

OK, i've been waiting for quite a few months to upgrade, you better ask the ppl who know ppl is it worth waiting for Nvidia cards or should i get 7950? Chop-chop :D

OK, i've been waiting for quite a few months to upgrade, you better ask the ppl who know ppl is it worth waiting for Nvidia cards or should i get 7950? Chop-chop :D

Haven't heard any hard numbers from my ppl. Hard numbers won't be out for about 6 more weeks unless someone leaks from somewhere else. I've read a few posts that they are just going for beating AMD by about 15-20% and releasing another card Q3/Q4 that will be about 2 X 580 but who knows we can all wish for more.

So all I know is that they are being announced 2nd week of Feb from my sources but I don't have any numbers for you sorry :-(

I know ppl that know ppl. I can't reveal sources but when it comes time. I will posting in the thread " I told you so "

Ask your ppl when the high end 580 replacement is coming out. Many, including myself, will defect to AMD if we don't here something concrete soon.

The GK104 isn't the enthusiast part, the GK100 is.
The price is very possible since the GK104 is equivalent to the GTX 560.

The gk100 will never see the light of day. The gk110 will be the high end gpu die. Makes you wonder how bad the gk100 was. The respin of the gk100 leads me to believe we won't see a high end nvidia gpu for a long time.

I am calling bs. There is no way nvidia has a complete lineup of 28nm gpus ready to launch in two months. If they did they would be leaking a ton of info to steal amds thunder.

I am calling bs. There is no way nvidia has a complete lineup of 28nm gpus ready to launch in two months. If they did they would be leaking a ton of info to steal amds thunder.

Ok.... I will PM you in 6 weeks and tell ya I told ya so ......

Also how do you know that they don't? ....

They would also hurt their retailer's pricing on GTX5xx, ect. By being as quiet as possible they can help their retailers keep selling current stock and when you least expect it. BAM! A whole new breed of card and the prices drop on remaining stock of GTX5XX and NVIDIA knocks AMD for a loop.

I really think the hush hush about all this is because NVIDIA doesn't want to hurt retail sales of current stock of GTX5xx.

If you knew without a doubt that NVIDIA would soon have a card that would own a GTX580 for under $300 I'm sure you would wait a few weeks to buy it.

Actually this has been a theory of mine, but what if nVidia's mid-range card IS the replacement for the 580 and that the high end totally blows everything else away?

How's it going to have more SP's than 580, yet be the 560 replacement? I call bullshit.

They might annouce Kepler in Feb. but will be months away for release.

Remember the Fermi debacle?......yea wood screws dont work for me.

either way I planned to wait a few weeks before I buy the 7970 to get one of those 1335mhz gpu monsters.

Hopefully by then we have some info on kepler that might make me change my decision.

Last edited:
Actually this has been a theory of mine, but what if nVidia's mid-range card IS the replacement for the 580 and that the high end totally blows everything else away?

I hope you're right.

I'm looking to replace my GTX 295 but everywhere I looked, people are saying the improvement GTX 580 offers is too small to justify the full price of it and it seems like the AMD 7870 is only slightly faster than the GTX 580, not the kind of jump I'm hoping for if I'm going to spend on a brand new card.

Kepler is my last hope.

The gk100 will never see the light of day. The gk110 will be the high end gpu die. Makes you wonder how bad the gk100 was. The respin of the gk100 leads me to believe we won't see a high end nvidia gpu for a long time.

I didn't know there was a respin. Well that pushes it back even more.

Where are you guys reading about that respin and GK110 stuff?

Why should they? What has AMD actually available for the customer right now from the new lineup? Right nothing. All we have are some reviews for their current high end product - which from my point of view is a performance product - but that's another story.

At the moment Nvidia is selling GTX5xx products very well. There is no need to leak information. Neither is the HD7970 available at the moment nor do we have reviews on the other products in the lineup. You can bet that Nvidia will start leaking information once AMD's new lineup becomes more visible in the market. Until then they will remain quiet in order to not lower GTX5xx sales as these products overall are selling better than the ones from the competition.

My guess is that they will start leaking information in the second half of January or if they have their products ready will do quite a hard launch on various products sometime in February. And yes the GK104 is also a performance product and not high end. High-End for me is a complete different definition. Neither HD7970 nor GK104 are high end from my point of view, which is the reason why i think AMD's ridiculous price tag for the HD7970 becomes obsolete by February. As far as i know Nvidia has no plans to sell GK104 for 500$. That price tag is reserved for another product that comes a littlebit later.

Ok.... I will PM you in 6 weeks and tell ya I told ya so ......

Also how do you know that they don't? ....

ill send you the pm in 6 weeks and saying i told you so.

do you think nvidia would let amd do a paper launch for a product if nvidia had a better, fast card that was about to come out? nvidia would match amds paper launch with their own.

I love all the he said she said, some ppl said, fanboi said, bulldozing bullshit that goes on everytime there's some speculation that something new will be released. Red vs. green, red vs. intel, green vs. intel. IT'S GREAT !!!!! :D "Now wait for the leaked driver release notes that's when you know they got something" That's just my rumor, just to keep the pot stirring. Mu Hah Hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back