Nvidia GeForce Live Event

Marriage isn't the problem when you have two income earners, it's kids.

I don't find income to be the problem really. To me it's time that is the problem.

I work all day, come home, deal with forcing a kid to do homework, forcing a kid to eat dinner, forcing a kid to shower or take a bath, getting through bedtime. The only reason I have any game time at all anymore is because my Fiance usually takes her son to School at the crack ass of dawn, giving me a couple of hours to myself after they have gone to bed. If not for that, I'd have no time for this shit at all.

Yeah. They didn't clarify if there would be any board partners, but I have noticed that the 1080ti is already up on their own store with a "Notify" button.

Could it be that these, like the Pascal Titan are Nvidia direct only parts?

Yeah, I was wondering about this. I'm not in a rush to upgrade and am guessing that this will work like the 1080/1070 did at launch. FEs first then AIB partners? But I'm guessing this thing is going to sell well and while not in a rush I don't want to wait two months either. I wouldn't bother with this but I would like just a little more umph at 4k for certain games with one card so I'm guessing this will be the best there is for another year besides maybe a refresh of the uber expensive Titan?

Yeah, I was wondering about this. I'm not in a rush to upgrade and am guessing that this will work like the 1080/1070 did at launch. FEs first then AIB partners? But I'm guessing this thing is going to sell well and while not in a rush I don't want to wait two months either. I wouldn't bother with this but I would like just a little more umph at 4k for certain games with one card so I'm guessing this will be the best there is for another year besides maybe a refresh of the uber expensive Titan?

I'm torn. Since I hate SLI, having sufficient GPU power for 4k gaming is a constant struggle, even with the water cooled Pascal Titan X.

I'm going to await reviews, but IF the board layout is the same as the Titan X despite the VRM changes (they both use GP102) so I can use my same water block, I may look into trading up if the performance warrants it.

I'm hoping there will still be some applications (compute?) where the Titan outperforms the 1080ti, so it doesn't lose too much of it's second hand value, and I can sell it and switch without losing a ton of money.

Time will tell.

Per Nvidia..
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards, including the NVIDIA Founders Edition, will be available worldwide — across 238 countries and territories — from NVIDIA GeForce partners, including ASUS, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, iGame, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac, starting March 10th at 10am. Prices, including those for the NVIDIA Founders Edition, start at $699. Pre-orders on the NVIDIA webstore begin March 2nd at 8am PT.

source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti
So since they say _including_ the founder's edition.. does that mean AIB's will have their own versions (i.e. EVGA 1080Ti FTW / Asus 1080Ti Strix) will also be available on the 10th?

Per Nvidia..

So since they say _including_ the founder's edition.. does that mean AIB's will have their own versions (i.e. EVGA 1080Ti FTW / Asus 1080Ti Strix) will also be available on the 10th?

Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for. Pre-orders for nVidia's FE start tomorrow at 11 AM EST. Like I said, not looking to be an early adopter but I guessing if you don't "Buy Now" it's going to be slim pickings for at least a month. Probably will pre-order 2 FEs from nVidia tomorrow.

Sounds like you married the wrong person.. lol. My wife and I watched the 1080Ti unveiling last night and she's excited I'm going to get it. (despite her not really being interested in computer products)

That's real marriage, you may not share all of eachother's interests, but you can be happy and supportive about / for the stuff they like.

Yep, last year Nvidia had us over a barrel with the $100 markup on the Founder's cards and limited availability.

I purposely bought a $399 1070 in August just for this reason. $1200 Titan X performance for $699 is a steal! Take my money now!!! :D:D:D
thank you AMD.... a 699 TITAN X like 1080Ti for me.... day one

Amd and ATI are not the same thing. Releasing a CPU to compete with Intel is more significant in orders of magnitude than RTG releasing a GPU to compete with Nvidia. RTG will launch their part when they have it in place and they are well aware that they are now a full year behind Nvidias launch schedule. This hasn't worked well in the past and last time they priced themselves a little too far away from what people thought the FURY was going to land at. They put their resources into the 4xx line and released a product that people could afford when they walked into bestbuy and needed something that could play a variety of newer titles at 1080. The fact that ATI could even be remotely close to Nvidia's Halo performance with their Titan Class of GPU would be an engineering marvel in it's own right. RTG sells the chips that power millions of consoles, while Nvidia delivers the goods the power our most powerful data centers and the segue into AI driving and learning. This is one of the fist times in awhile that the consumer hasn't been kicked to shit over Video card pricing in the last 5 years. A $1200 halo product was absurd but cutting that virtually in half and creating a solid line in the sand for RTG to cross is remarkably foward of Nvidia. I don't see how anyone could give a shit about RTG's offerings with a $499 1080 or a $699 ti that you can buy as of next week. This might be the first time I can remember in a long history that the argument to wait and see has become moot.

I'm not doing shit til I see some real world numbers versus my titan x pascal

Why would you do anything at all? This is basically a cheaper version of the Titan X Pascal, it'll be marginally faster at best. The only reason I'm interested in it is that it should be a lot faster than the 1080 and I want to get 4k running a bit more smoothly with just one card. And I'm guessing that it'll kick ass for VR as well.

I was under the impression that song had a different meaning. Then again, I've relistened to songs of my youth and realized what they really meant afterwords.

Sex. All of it.

Back