NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 Rumor Mill

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The rumor mill is turning over at WCCF about the upcoming NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 complete with GPP! The card, based on NVIDIA's new Turing architecture at 12nm is expected for release this year, and as you see carries GTX 11XX branding. Specs are said to be as follows.

According to the latest leaks, rumors and information provided to wccftech the GeForce GTX 1180 is powered by a 104 class GPU, codenamed GT104. The GPU measures around ~400mm, features 3584 CUDA cores, a 256-bit GDDR6 memory interface and 8 to 16 gigabytes of 16Gbps GDDR6 memory. The graphics card is expected to have a core clock of around ~1.6GHz and a boost clock of around ~1.8GHz. The TDP of this graphics card is unconfirmed to date, but is expected to be somewhere between 170-200W.

The FP32 performance is expected to come in at around 13 TFLOPS. This would theoretically give us a new GeForce card that would be a bit faster in gaming than the TITAN Xp and GTX 1080 Ti. The way to think about it would likely be a TITAN Xp gaming performance at significantly better power consumption. If you have to have a new video card today, may we suggest the TITAN V for the rich and famous? Thanks cageymaru.

I'll wait for the reviews, buy it might be that I skip the whole 11xx generation and wait for the 12xx. 1080ti doing fine for now.

I hope 11xx isn't mostly just optimizing for DX12. (I still run win7 on my gaming rig)

I'll be waiting for the Ti flavor as well - just because I want the best (consumer grade) GPU. Besides I think I'll be fine with the two 1080TI's I have for now.

Something tell me they won't MSRP for 699 either, lol I'm betting 800 is the new MSRP floor.

GDDR6 and only a 256bit memory interface and the same number of Cuda cores as the 1080Ti?
Sure it's likely much faster ram but a step back from the 352bit interface of the 1080Ti.

Sounds more like a future: "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda"

Sounds like a purposeful (mid-)high end card. They neuter the "high end" cards on initial launch to get people to buy the new series and then release the Ti series 6 months later with the full performance spec, it kinda ridiculous really. I remember the scandal with them re-branding the same cards and selling "new" not so long ago. Seems like a less "shady" practice now but still the same idea. GPP FTW!! s/

It's also a replacement for the 1080, not the 1080Ti. According to the article that would put it something like 50% ahead of the card it replaces, which is reasonable.
Also let's not forget we're talking about clickbaittech, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

These rumors are old. Actually shouldn't call these rumors as this is what the internet has been speculating for awhile, now. But I wouldn't expect anything more from WCCFTech.

With the Titan V , is it assumed there won't be a Titan flavor on the gaming side again or at least in this next gen ?

Hmm. I want to wait til 12xxti honestly. Don't really feel the need to upgrade my 1080 atm but given it been almost 2 1/2 years since the 1080 launches. I can see it being another 2 1/2 to 3 years before the 12xx series comes out. If rumors are true and AMD won't have anything competitive til 2020 Nvidia can milk the shit out of 11xx serise.

Anytime my 980 to hits 100% it gets really loud. 99% is OK.

Been making it hard to wait for the next Gen Gpu.

ESO @ 4k can nail the card to 100 depending on the area/character I am on.

POE it is like Morris code. With the Uber fan mode going on and off depending exactly what I am doing.

Looking forward to the new Gpu making me mad about how much I paid for it. Hopefully ASICS will have crashed the crypto Gpu strangle hold by then.

I thought I read somewhere NV is skipping to the 2000 series.

Anytime my 980 to hits 100% it gets really loud. 99% is OK.

Been making it hard to wait for the next Gen Gpu.

ESO @ 4k can nail the card to 100 depending on the area/character I am on.

POE it is like Morris code. With the Uber fan mode going on and off depending exactly what I am doing.

Looking forward to the new Gpu making me mad about how much I paid for it. Hopefully ASICS will have crashed the crypto Gpu strangle hold by then.

I thought I read somewhere NV is skipping to the 2000 series.
Not "skipping," just logically progressing. Why would they go 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-20?

I'll buy once GPP is gone. For now I will buy used Nvidia GPUs on ebay just so Nvidia doesn't get my hard earned money.

Sounds like it's pretty much a side-grade to the 1080Ti, idk, maybe around 10% on top like the 1080 was to the 980Ti? I should just be content and sit this one out... or go the used 1080Ti route.

We all know this will happen

MSRP: $599.00
Selling for $2000.00

Availability: Out of Stock

Yeah... I'll pass. Miners will ruin this one too.

I wouldn't bat an eye if it goes something more along the lines of this:

"People are now used to paying $1100+ for the 1080Ti, so...

Titan V MSRP: $2999
CryptoGouging: $4000+

1180 MSRP: $799
CryptoGouging: $1500+

1180Ti MSPR: $999
CryptoGouging: $2000+"

Things are going to be absolutely nuts when I get a 1780 to replace my 1080 in several more years. I went from an AMD 6950/70 to this 1080 last year. I can wait.

Seriously, that's how long it'll take before I likely get a TV with a higher resolution than 1080P.

I wouldn't bat an eye if it goes something more along the lines of this:

"People are now used to paying $1100+ for the 1080Ti, so...

Titan V MSRP: $2999
CryptoGouging: $4000+

1180 MSRP: $799
CryptoGouging: $1500+

1180Ti MSPR: $999
CryptoGouging: $2000+"

I'd either keep the 1070 I have now for another year or two or go to AMD if their prices are more in line.

I would love to upgrade, but I'm fine right now. I have a few other upgrades to do before I jump on a new GPU. 4K monitor, Oculus Rift, Audio components (headset, speakers), NAS...

If the price is right, I wouldn't mind a new 1180 or even wait for the 1180Ti (most likely the 1180Ti). If miners don't take over, I think it'd be a great option.

However - when they do release, I'm wondering how low the prices of a new/used 1080/1080Ti would go for to upgrade some older systems... Might be the silver lining.

This puts it about 15% faster than the 1080Ti? Certainly seems plausible, if not a little disappointing.

Needs more ROPs

Considering the 1080 was roughly the performance of 980 in sli (980 + 40-60% increase), This car would be in line with last gen increases in power and performance numbers.

If its sub $1000 at the stores and offers decent performance boost over the 1080 Ti @ 4k, I'm in.

If this in formation is even remotely accurate, color me unimpressed. Like most cycles, I'll be waiting for the "ti" variant.

If you've got the Ti, you're not the targeted buyer for this card. It's been a long time since yearly upgrades made sense unless you had money to burn. As a 2018 flagship the 1180's intended as a replacement for people with the 2016 flagship 1080 or earlier cards. The upgrade for your 2017 flagship card will be for sale next year.

As someone with a 20 month old 1080 and a new shiny 4k monitor I'm eagerly awaiting the 1180s.

GDDR6 and only a 256bit memory interface and the same number of Cuda cores as the 1080Ti?
Sure it's likely much faster ram but a step back from the 352bit interface of the 1080Ti.

Sounds more like a future: "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda"

Narrower bus, but more total bandwidth because it's that much faster. At stock speeds for both cards: 11gpbps and a 352 bit bus gives 484GB/s, for the 1080Ti. The 1180 will have 16Gbps * 256bit = 512GB/s

As someone who purchased the 1080 right before the 1080 Ti was announced...I'll wait for the 1180 Ti. :p

Honestly, unless there is a huge boost in VR or something, I will probably skip this generation.

It sounds nice, but it doesn't seem like enough of a boost over my 980 Ti to make me want to buy it for more than about $600. My 980 Ti should be good for a while longer.

well I need a card to replace my current gtx 750 ti and I need a card with low power as it is in a dell pc. Yeah I know.. time to do a new build but no funds with a kid getting ready for college...
so this but is expected to be somewhere between 170-200W.

seems interesting to me

It sounds nice, but it doesn't seem like enough of a boost over my 980 Ti to make me want to buy it for more than about $600. My 980 Ti should be good for a while longer.

In 1080p and 1440p. 4K? No way. My 980Ti in sig is screaming UPGRADE ME! Bouncing between 27-34 fps in AC:Origins is killing me. And on a 100 inch screen, 1080p vs. 4K w/HDR is night vs. day literally. From the numbers 1080Ti looks like a 40-50% increase in most games I play over the 980Ti. So add in another 20%, yeah this card is really for us 980Ti users looking for the next level and needing it bad. I would bet nVidia uses the 980 or 980Ti to show performance gains on this 1180.

well I need a card to replace my current gtx 750 ti and I need a card with low power as it is in a dell pc. Yeah I know.. time to do a new build but no funds with a kid getting ready for college...

seems interesting to me

I think a 1050Ti would be perfect for you...around 75% performance increase over your 750Ti, and at only 75W TDP.

...or a 1060 3GB for a 200% gain, if you could swing 120W TDP (and the added cost).

I'm not surprised those with upper mid range or higher 10 series cards are unimpressed. This should be a worthwhile upgrade for those with 900 series cards or older.

seems interesting to me

If you're power limited you probably need something a lot lower power than an 1180. Your 750 is only a 55W card, and knowing OEM penny pinching you probably don't have a PCIe power cable to run a bigger card. If you need to buy now a 1050 Ti is probably as high as you want to go. If past history is any indication you'll need to wait a few months past the 1180 before lower end cards like the 1150 launch.

If you're power limited you probably need something a lot lower power than an 1180. Your 750 is only a 55W card, and knowing OEM penny pinching you probably don't have a PCIe power cable to run a bigger card. If you need to buy now a 1050 Ti is probably as high as you want to go. If past history is any indication you'll need to wait a few months past the 1180 before lower end cards like the 1150 launch.

it is interesting... on this.
I have 2 x 8 pin connectors and I think I have the small power supply.
I think I have the 425w power supply.. this link says there are 2.. 685 / 425 W

so I could upgrade the ps as well...

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals...1a5aa6-1e70-44b9-b690-59507a3a9f31&lang=en-us

It's rarely ever worth buying the next big thing if you have the TI or 2nd gen version of whatever the last big card was. That's no surprise.
It could be quite a big upgrade over a normal GTX 1080, though.

These rumors are old. Actually shouldn't call these rumors as this is what the internet has been speculating for awhile, now. But I wouldn't expect anything more from WCCFTech.

WCCF tech: The same website that said the 11 series was releasing in April, only 2 days later, to say it wasn't releasing till September time frame. They just pump the content for clicks, regardless of where they get their info from. They are not reliable sources for information, they just have a team that likes to write up long winded articles that are scarce on any actual information sourced through journalism. The website is a blog, not a source for tech fact. Just look at their game reviews, everything is always scored extremely high, almost always 7+ because the devs give them free copies to review, tainting the score.

Any of their reliable information always comes from Videocardz.com. Just skip the middle man if you facts, otherwise, enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.

it is interesting... on this.
I have 2 x 8 pin connectors and I think I have the small power supply.
I think I have the 425w power supply.. this link says there are 2.. 685 / 425 W

so I could upgrade the ps as well...

You're in luck, I have 3 T5810's sitting right next to me here at work :)

685W is the standard PS in those T5810's, with the option to bump up to a ~900W one (slightly less then that, but ballpark.)

It's the T5820's they really neutered with the 425W stock PS's, with a 950W upgrade for 50+ bucks.

P6000's were offered in those T5810's, I'd say you can throw w/e GTX card in there you'd want and be just fine, no need to mess with upgrading the PS. If I recall, those have 2x6pins for the graphics cards with the 685W PS.

Back