NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 Rumor Mill

Must hold out for Ti model... going to be a long wait :O

I'm thinking the same thing but it was about 10 months between the 1080 and 1080 Ti and given the current secondary GPU market, I'm okay with picking up the 1180 and selling it 10 months later as it should hold value well. I was able to easily sell my 1080s for $500 each back in January having paid $700 at launch, so only $200 off on each card after 20 months, not bad and I could have gotten more but I just wanted to sell them at the time.

Must hold out for Ti model... going to be a long wait :O
I... know..... the....... feeling................

I'll be joining you two in that wait...

I'm thinking the same thing but it was about 10 months between the 1080 and 1080 Ti and given the current secondary GPU market, I'm okay with picking up the 1180 and selling it 10 months later as it should hold value well. I was able to easily sell my 1080s for $500 each back in January having paid $700 at launch, so only $200 off on each card after 20 months, not bad and I could have gotten more but I just wanted to sell them at the time.

I wouldn't rely on this trend to continue as it entirely depends on the value of digital currencies. BTC has already dropped to nearly half of its peak value in just a few months. The weaker these cryptocurrencies get then the weaker the resale value will be for 2nd hand cards since miners will begin to flood the market with them to recoup losses after stepping out of the mining game.

I'll be joining you two in that wait...

I wouldn't rely on this trend to continue as it entirely depends on the value of digital currencies. BTC has already dropped to nearly half of its peak value in just a few months. The weaker these cryptocurrencies get then the weaker the resale value will be for 2nd hand cards since miners will begin to flood the market with them to recoup losses after stepping out of the mining game.

Bitcoin. There health of crypto in general is pretty good. As good as it had been? Maybe not. Still profitable.

I wouldn't call it recouping losses so much as depreciation recapture.

Given everything going on, crypto, tight supply, gaming, ML and other application demands, I think the secondary GPU market is going to remain very strong, at least for the right parts. It's never been hard to resell top cards but I think the prices will stay much higher for the long term, unless something gives. There's more to this that just crypto that that's probably the biggest driver of high GPU pricing currently.

Back